1. Livestream Today at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

F800GS handguards?? You got them? lets see them! Pics please!

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by HighTechCoonass, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  2. motoraptor

motoraptor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the inspiration Frostbit. I found a trash can lid of my own and adapted it after the BMW deflectors made for freezing hands. Weird feeling to have your palms burning from the grips and your fingers numb from cold.

Anyway, they garbage lid option works beautifully for keeping the weather off and the cold out, and I think it complements the look of the bike too. Thanks also for inspiring me to stop lurking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made a slight improvement to these.....
    [​IMG]

Stage two is now this.....
    [​IMG]

Stage three will be a small flood in the guards, to light the way I'm pointing for trail work......
  4. Loutre

Oddometer:
    Ah Mr. Carbonfiber, I was looking foward to see the result on your handguards! good to know that that project isn't buried! Looking goood and like alwats magnificient work!
  5. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks you sir..... The biggest pain was to make it all fit inside the new Sertao Blink lens, as I was using a " Puck led driver" But it works fantastic. If you are not chasing a new blinker location, and dont mind a little work, then it can work just as fine in the stock housing,as the lenses are from a BMW Sertao. Just a little over 14 watt..... These are very powerful. It would still be cheaper than to buy the aftermarket LED blinkers. Here is the build, in case your interested.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770753
  6. RobbieO

RobbieO Muskokatard

Oddometer:
    I just bought a 2013 but don't get it till April....
    I have a set of Cycra Pro-bends that i want to install, but don't think I have the correct bar mount.
    Does anyone know which cycra mounts will work??

Thank you:D
  7. Loutre

Oddometer:
    Ah there went the thread! nice I'm all ears again :eek:)
  8. Scubalong

Scubalong Long timer

Oddometer:
    :evil I know this is an old thread, but I need some advise.
    Have anyone install hand guard with the Wunderlich throttle lock type A?:ear
    [​IMG]
  9. HardLuck801

HardLuck801 How did that happen?

Oddometer:
    Anyone have Hardware issues with their BMW handguards? I got mine today and the hardware that bolts the plastic onto the bar guard doesn't screw in like they are the wrong thread?
  10. kpie

kpie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes. Same problem here. Thinking about selling them and going with Barkbusters.
  11. sarathmenon

sarathmenon Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you have the correct side lined up? I remember having that feeling when I was installing mine, but after sizing them up, I realized that I had the wrong side in :lol2
  12. HardLuck801

HardLuck801 How did that happen?

Oddometer:
    Yeah I had them on the right side, took them back to the dealer this morning and they switched em out for me, the original ones I got were not threaded correctly they said. Just finished putting the new set on... :clap
  13. puhrot

puhrot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if the white lettering on the TouraTech hand guards is a sticker or something else that could be easily removed?
  14. BlueRidgeKat

BlueRidgeKat Daily Commuter

Oddometer:
    I had these on a Triumph Tiger and if I remember correctly it was as sticker. I never tried to take it off and they never made any attempt to come off on their on.
  15. andy3d

andy3d Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I use to have the touratech ones but they finally cracked. So I went looking for the strongest ones I could find!

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/
    <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/42672443@N05/12627634715/player/d7e0e0bd97" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="768" width="1024"></iframe>
    <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/42672443@N05/12627761083/player/6403d549e5" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="768" width="1024"></iframe>
    <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/42672443@N05/12627636715/player/fc351f5ceb" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="1024" width="768"></iframe>
    [​IMG]
  16. cpct

cpct n00b

Oddometer:
    These are the "HDB Ultimate", right?
    Is there any modification required at the handlebar weights? Or straight bolt-on?
  17. andy3d

andy3d Adventurer

Oddometer:
    you need to ask for new bar end weights (free) then it's just straight bold on.
  18. Arclite

Arclite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Free hand guards from a friend of mine (OEMs from his Husaberg 570) They're only plastic, so they'll be temps until I get some proper ones. They should protect the controls for at least one napping session. I may spray them with some plastic etching grey paint for the white area. We'll see. I'll probably leave them as is and get the HDBs soon.
    [​IMG]
  19. fnatic

fnatic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had the TT handguards on, had a tip over other week, Altrider Crash bars did there job beautifully. Can't say the same for the TT handguards, yes they protected the brake lever and other items, but cracked in half on first off. So now got barkbuster handguards. Very confident with the very thick aluminium backbone. They definately won't snap like the all plastic TT ones.
  20. Angryrican

Angryrican Beer lover

Oddometer:
    If you fell hard enough to crack the TT handguards you would most likely have bent your handlebar with the "really sturdy" Barkbuster's