F800GS Jesse top box quick release mount

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by divingbiker, Feb 28, 2009.

1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike ***42***

Oddometer:
    I may be incorrect (I have been before), but I initially thought that the box would be drilled to to match the slotted holes on the plate. Now I'm just not sure. :confused

Did you guys drill the to box AND the plate?

Or did you only drill the top box to mate with the slotted holes?

I see Darrell's method above...I'm just trying to figure out if some of you have done it differently. TIA!
  2. LewisNClark

LewisNClark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I drilled the top box to mate with the slotted holes! Using the piece of paper described above....took 2 or 3 minutes at the most.
  3. Randor

Randor n00b

Oddometer:
    A little off topic but did you have any issues with your California Scientific windshield and your clutch / brake . On there site they say that ( Your Calsci shield will interfere with the BMW hand guards at full steering lock ).
    Did you find this an issue ? I love all the add ons you researched and choose for your bike :clap I ended up buying all the same but am on the fence regarding the windshield ..
  4. AngryRed

AngryRed Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer:
    Hey DivingBiker nice setup. I'm really going back and forth myself on the 8" vs. the 10" boxes. I like the looks of the 8" and I agree with you, they do seem to work with the lines and style of the bike nicely.

I lived in Lake Charles for a bit back in 2005. Loved riding the Creole Nature Trail...

I left after Hurricane Rita though, well my wife did so I guess I followed. :rofl