F800GS or F650GS Vids

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by odiestien, Apr 22, 2010.

1. miotacztruskawek

miotacztruskawek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My trip around the Black Sea

conrado likes this.
  2. BuiltnotBought

BuiltnotBought Perpetual Project

Oddometer:
    Video of a technical section of the Trans WV trail I rode last summer.

And a sloppy section that ate my bike

thetrux likes this.
  3. cactus_reese

cactus_reese Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. LazyR

LazyR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Was hoping to find a video of someone riding his/her 650/700 like they stole it. Anyone know or have a video?

Its most likely going to be my next bike and Id like something to put my over the edge :D
  5. miotacztruskawek

miotacztruskawek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kola peninsula

Mauser556 likes this.
  6. shuswap1

shuswap1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I never abuse my F7 but it can be ridden like you stole it quite easily, the F7 is more than willing. I've ridden for more than 50 years, started racing around on a Yamaha R5C and the F7 is a delightful throw-around bike with decent brakes. The motor lacks thrust so you'll have to develop the ability to be smooth, which is actually F A S T. That same motor has nice low end power, just not a lot of it.
    I was prepared to use the F7 as nothing but a stepping stone and actually bought it on a whim. But it has turned out to be just fine and a whole lot of fun for an old hooligan. I'm just replacing my current tires because they are completely worn out on the sides, rather than the center strip!
    So, if you need tons of power I'd say the F7 will not work for you but if you want to practice smooth skills and ride a bike that flops side to side as well as anything out there then the F7 should suit you just fine.

Off road the bike is less capable but it really depends on how rough the trail/road is. Suspension and clearance being the issues. I added risers that allow me to stand comfortably and that changed how the bike feels quite dramatically, for much the better. I actually enjoy dirt about as much as pavement so how the bike rides there is important to me. The bike is a great compromise solution....but is certainly better at street than dirt.