F800GS - show us your lights

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by kktos, Jan 13, 2009.

1. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    I thought you said you weren't going to post a diagram? However thanks for sharing with others what you made work. :clap

There are a couple of options to do this, you have used one that will work very nicely. If you had switched power via a fuzebloc you could get by with one relay. :wink:
  2. Rider 101

Rider 101 Time poor

Oddometer:
    Fuzeblock $84 US plus $25 US postage = about $135 AUD.

My solution, although a little less elegant was about $35 AUD.

It works and I don't see the wiring until I remove the faux tank to do the air filter!

Oh, and I worked out how to use MSPaint instead of actually drawing the circuit, scanning from the work computer and then uploading. Who said 50ish people can't use computers :D

3. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    You done good. I also have a fuzebloc on my bike for some other accessories.
  4. ag40

ag40 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    wow , just looking @ the picture hurt my eyes. thinking about installing bd pro on my 8gsa, but was worried 2*42w is going to be too much draw?
  5. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    Install a volt meter. It can help you keep an eye out for the dreaded stator problem.
  6. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    At full draw I'm running the following:

1. 2x 42w BD Pro's
    2. 90 watt e-Jacket (at 100%, but on a heat troller)
    3. Heated Grips (45 watts I think)
    4. 2x 3 watt USB chargers
    5. 1x Garmin Montana
    6. NEW! 1x 20watt Sii Spot

I ran the top 5 items at full draw for 4 hours with no issues.

There's plenty of options to reduce power in this, not the least of which is dropping the grips and e-jacket down...or running low beams + the squadrons at full (*instead of the high beam / Sii combo).

In short, I think it's fine.
  7. machinebuilder

machinebuilder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Which light pattern on the BD's? Do you have a nighttime Pic to show the pattern (looking away from the bike)?

I have been considering the Wide cornering lights but would like to know how they really compare to a flood.

The way the roads here are I don't need the light to go very far, but I would like to see around the bends better.:evil
  8. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    I believe I'm running the Squadron's in the Combo pattern and the Sii in the Spot pattern.

I've used flood type beams and they just don't work for me at all. Just plain not enough throw to be remotely useful for my needs.

PS: sorry, no night / beam shots.
  9. peteace

peteace Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally there are small, reasonably priced ECE approved LED long beam aux lights available. 20 watts each, brand name SAE 60 I think, total just 129,80 EUR for two lights. Seems quite OK, beam pattern is truly a spot.
    [​IMG]

Way too slippery for a test ride without studded tires, but here's a first glance with all lights on (low and high beam halogens, factory aux fog lights and the new high beam aux lights). Adjustment may not be perfect yet.
    [​IMG]
  10. b56tc

b56tc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Peteace, can you provide the brand/name of the spots, and the resource you used to get them, looks great and thanks
  11. peteace

peteace Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Brand is SAE, but I couldn't find exact info about the manufacturer or international vendors by quick googling. I ordered mine (20 W) from:
    http://www.erikoistekniikka.fi/merkki/sae/SAE/

Their website seems to be in Finnish only, but they would probably reply to English e-mail (info@erikois....fi) as well.

You haven't added location to your profile btw.
  12. Kirbo22

Kirbo22 n00b

Oddometer:
    image.jpg
    Nilight 18w LEDs 1230lm. On an AltRider crash bar.
  13. Kirbo22

Kirbo22 n00b

Oddometer:
  14. dropaknee

dropaknee R E A L L Y ?

Oddometer:
    Rigid Industries Dually mounted with F800GSA mounts... wired to supplied switch, and also wired to high beam with a relay. Amazing lights! 20140730_003249237_iOS.jpg 20140730_001354258_iOS.jpg 20140802_185310630_iOS.jpg 20140730_0024277281_iOS.jpg
  15. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Selling my Denali mounts in the flea market if anyone is interested. Specially for F8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. KICKNBACK

KICKNBACK Old enough to know better young enough not to care

Oddometer:
    I used the dually lights and switch just shortened the wire loom and mounted the switch next to the ignition and the Denali brackets they mount the same location as stock but the bracket on the lights attach better. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    AFdude likes this.
  17. N4pSt3R

N4pSt3R SaradisSt

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Denalli's D4

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G925F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
  18. williee

williee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, rookie question here. I have these hooked on my truck, would they work on my bike? Not much pull because they are LED

Picture1.png
  19. williee

williee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you have to do anything special to hook these up? Was it difficult? I have these lights as back ups on my truck and they work miracles! I want to put these on my bike, or atleast something similar.
  20. Andi_Archer

Andi_Archer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just fitted the same set to my BMW F800GS they are availalbe from several places incl amazon ,ebay and numerous chinese providers and have various prices from around £12 a set upwards [They probably all come from the same factory anyhow].I mounted them under the crash bars near the radiator and placed a switch on the left handlebar allen bolt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    williee likes this.