F800gs Tank bag...got one you like? tell us about it!

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by HighTechCoonass, Oct 12, 2008.

1. leetrout

leetrout Big Guy | Small Bike

Oddometer:
  2. bmwglenn

bmwglenn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the good info.
  3. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. jimrides1

jimrides1 n00b

Oddometer:
  5. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:

It worked pretty well even if it looks a little goofy.
    Cool part was being able to remove the top half of the screen, and be left with a shorty screen for around town riding.
    ADVwxyz likes this.
  6. ozied

ozied Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if the Givi Tanklock XS307 15 litre tank bag will fit a F800GSA? I'm a bit concerned that it will cover the key. Thanks.
  7. tarmajin

tarmajin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I went with the TT touring bag and could not be happier! Yes, it is ridiculously expensive. I had a Wolfman explorer on my old KLR and it was great, but this is in a different class. Says it isnt waterproof, but I drove from North of Seattle to Medford OR in the pouring down rain, with out a hint of dampness. I also LOVE the zippers. Odd thing to note, but they track effortlessly. Doesnt seem to be a hindrance when I stand up on the pegs, but my off road skills are fairly amateur. Also, I havent noticed at any time it interfering with the bars, at full lock they dont seem to touch (havent honked my horn). It leaves plenty of room for me to get to the key and the power thing (if I ever used it...) and gives me a clear shot of both my gauges and my GPS (The latter interfering slightly with the revs). I love that it has a rigid ring inside so it does not flop around. Love the 2 outside pockets. I have only used the map sleeve once, but it seemed to work great! Obviously I was skeptical when I purchased it, due to the price, but in retrospect, I honestly do not think I would have been as happy with a different type. Couple pics are of it on the bike (for general heighth (is that a word?)), access to the key, and my general sight line (for gauges and whatnot)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. It also is very matchy matchy with my bike!
  8. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the giant loop diablo pro tank bag and its like it was made for the bike. I used to have the cortech super mini and loved that one too--kind of wish I still had it for around town riding and the diablo for camping trips.
  9. kalleswe

kalleswe Clown

Oddometer:
  10. Ruger12g

Ruger12g Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone, We are getting geared up to do some good adventure riding. You all have gave me alot of great choices.
    Speedy McJesus likes this.
  11. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was my previous tankbag (still have it sitting on the shelf). I liked the size and the quality of it, but found that the way it sits on the bike, it did get in my way when standing when I wanted to lean forward on steep hills. I never expanded it up either, that would have made it more in the way. The Giant Loop Diablo that I have now slopes more on the back edge and is a bit smaller and thus does not restrict me at all leaning forward.
  12. Nickhob

Nickhob Armchair adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed, I have the Sandstorm 3S and cannot stand up and lean forward comfortably when it's on, I actually use it mainly when road riding on longer trips, so not a big issue and overall I really love it. When doing more off road riding I have a Wolfman Enduro and a Wolfman Pocket tank bag (They both use the same harness) neither of which cause any issues when standing.
  13. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    i'm happy with my GL Diablo, fits all of my tank bag needs for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. RheinGold

RheinGold Weniger aber besser.

Oddometer:
    Wolfman Expedition Small rocks! 18,000+ miles cross country, rain, wind, heat, cold. Fits the F800gs perfectly. Well made. Good value. Doesn't slide around on tank like other bags do.
    boricua700 likes this.
  15. hschisler

hschisler Whatever

Oddometer:
    Your SW Motech bag -- does it interfere with full-lock turns, left or right? I recently bought an SW Motech bag but it's too big -- need a smaller size.
  16. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    No it doesn't.
  17. PhilippeG

PhilippeG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got the SW Motech yukon 90 (grey). Very happy with it: does not intefere with anything and 100% waterproof.
  18. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    After all the years, I finally ditched the Wolfman tank bag. I like the clean deck for stand up off-roading. I have a top case for all of my junk!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. farqhuar

farqhuar Human guinea pig

Oddometer:
    Just purchased the Givi 3D604 and boy am I impressed. :-)

Heaps of space, fits beautifully and easily removable using the BU15 adaptor, and absolutely no chance of it scratching any bodywork.

I purchased it primarily in order to mount a tank top tablet (as a topo map GPS as an adjunct to my existing bar mounted Garmin) but it offers so much more.

Ended up paying around $AUD200 (~$USD150) after using an eBay discount coupon, and for that price it is an absolute bargain. 15 litre capacity, 8" tablet mount, multi compartment and easy click mount / removal, only thing missing is a waterproof power port (which comes with the Givi ST603 for $5 more, but is not yet available), however, that can easily be added by piercing a cable orifice through the fabric and gooping the hole with silicon; or doing as I am currently doing, which is passing the power cable through the zip opening.

The bag doesn't touch the bars or switches (even with optional BMW handguards) or limit bar travel, nor does it affect my positioning on the bike whilst still providing easy viewing of maps/GPS.

I love it. :clap
    asuperstar likes this.
  20. gardelis

gardelis n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey!

Are you satisfied with Nelson-Rigg tank bag?

Waterproof protection? Stability in high speeds or close circuits and trails?

~gardelis