F800gs...Touring screens? you got one ? Lets us see um!

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by HighTechCoonass, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Marius BMW

Marius BMW We're off to never never land...

Oddometer:
    Mine is 2009, but repainted to trophy.
    GSA screen fits, but these corner brackets need to be relocated .
  2. Marius BMW

Marius BMW We're off to never never land...

Oddometer:
    At the moment...
    We choosed different trees to stop.
    Some broken ribs. Thanks to ATGAT.

Attached Files:

3. morf

morf n00b

Oddometer:
    One of the highest screens made entirely of plastic is pretty unusable for me. Wind power which typically ranges from the belt to the helmet is entirety directed at helmet. second disadvantage is wobbliness without any additional metal bracket.

IMG_20160817_183440.jpg IMG_20160817_192552.jpg IMG_20160817_192606.jpg
  4. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    I've tried a givi 17" screen. No luck with reduction of wind buffeting with my shoei Neotec. Then got a TT spoiler and tried that on my oem 800 screen. Works really well for the city but still not perfect for long time touring. Got a custom cee baileys screen off an inmate (I'm guessing the 18" was reduced to 17" was almost perfect but I guess the 18" might have been perfect. Added the TT spoiler to the cee baileys making it 22", very quiet but I hate to have to look Thru the deflector. That's really distracting. The newest update for the winter rides and long hauls is just installed but still to be tested. The custome cee baileys with the givi deflector (it was too high even on the lowest setting so I removed the deflector off the clamp and flipped it around. Time will tell.

Also added the cee baileys support bracket to see if it will help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. CuCun

CuCun n00b

Oddometer:
  6. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    nice first post
  7. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    i cut a cee bailey to fit on my mirage 2 while it rained today. i did a rush job figuring it was only for testing anyway, so it's a little sloppy.

[​IMG]

it should do better than cut powerbronze i was using since it's a lot stiffer. i'm actually looking forward to using this screen, i left it high enough for it to be a good touring screen for colder weather.
    zero war likes this.
  8. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    That looks fab Doug! I'm jealous now!

Zee

2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
    2015 BMW F700GS
    dpike likes this.
  9. goyko

goyko Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm new to the GS family. But I've seen these touratech windscreens quite a few times before, and I always really liked the looks of them. And now, when I'm trying to find one for my bike, I can't find them for sale anywhere. Anybody knows if this is some old model, not in production any more, or is it just for different market?
  10. dpike

Oddometer:
    it's the desierto 3 fairing.
    https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Touratech-Desierto-3-Fairing-BMW-F800GS-F700GS-F650GS-Twin

the mirage 2 from britannia composites is half the cost
    http://www.britanniacomposites.com/mirage-2-dual-sport-fairing/
  11. ADVSearcher

ADVSearcher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah ... it's the Desierto 3, still have it on the same bike as on the pics from 2011, still happy with it. Back then Britannia hadn't come up with their alternative yet ... if they had I seriously should have consider it. Price wise I then in 2011 evened up the difference by shopping from Poland instead of Touratech Sweden, think I payed around $540.

(But the Desierto still have a tougher look :lol3)

Have since a year equipped the Desierto with a MRA X-Creen Sport as I now a days only use helmets with a beak, either my FOX cross helmet or my NEXX XD1 ... found out that the Desierto in the top position made some air go under the beak & lift the helmet, felt it in my neck after every longer trip in higher speeds. The MRA X-Creen solved that & it's easily folded away when going into rougher terrain.

Highest position both Desierto & X-Creen
    [​IMG]
    Lowest position both Desierto & X-Creen
    [​IMG]
    xsf18cdf likes this.
  12. goyko

goyko Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boneage likes this.
  13. goyko

goyko Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input buddy. It's pricey but it looks cool as hell. I'll definitely have to take good thinking about it.
  14. brando4905

brando4905 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's a pic of the Givi Airflow. Works really well for me, 6'3". I did have to remove the peak from my helmet. But all in all, it takes most of the wind noise away. I can't stand wearing ear plugs.

IMG_2375.JPG
    xsf18cdf and Coolie llama like this.
  15. gspirate

gspirate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anybody ever thought of trying a 1200GS assembly on the 800? I would imagine a one off adapter plate might be needed, but that would be a good set up and be able to adjust up and down. I dont know anyone with a 1200GS personally to try seeing how hard it would be.
    I would not think it impossible. Some guys here have done some heavy fab work...
    Mpesi likes this.
  16. CuCun

CuCun n00b

Oddometer:
    So i finally took a ride with my new Isotta Adv windscreed...445 mm high and for me, at 1,8o m tall, works great, no more turbulences, no more noise from the wind that hit my shoulders. Just the sound of Leo :)). The plexiglass is 4 mm thickness, has a reinforcement bar and at 150 km/h has no vibrations in the plexiglass. I'm pleased!!
    15139376_1364875970230622_1926201994_n.jpg 15175574_1364876373563915_1032203003_n.jpg 15128763_1364876300230589_266985057_n.jpg
    Paulie M likes this.
  17. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:

Any chance for a link. It seems like it uses a very different Fitting. I don't see the 4 screws that attach to the regular windscreen holder.

Zee

2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
    2015 BMW F700GS
  18. CuCun

CuCun n00b

Oddometer:
  19. dpike

Oddometer:
    zero war likes this.
  20. HunRider

HunRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Fury" 161 Orbiting around a binary star system
    I can confirm the GIVI Airflow is a good option for the GS Adventure. I had to replace the factory one after the first week, I could not stay on the bike with my hight 6'4". You can adjust the height of the windscreen easily to find the best wind protection.

IMG_0352.JPG
    xsf18cdf and brando4905 like this.