F850GS / F800GS / F750GS / F700GS / F650GS Twin pics

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Angelo B, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Paulie M

Paulie M Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is a picture of my "new to me" 2011 f800GS, all "FARKLED" up. Just went for a little spin in the Canadian Rockies, put on 1100km in a day. Great bike.

IMG_3016 (2).JPG
    IMG_3015 (2).JPG
  2. Tigershark48

Tigershark48 My other BMW is a Roadster.

Oddometer:
    Great choice for that area. I’m jealous with all your beautiful scenery. Enjoy!
  3. Juozaz

Juozaz Juozaz F800GS Blonde

Oddometer:
    GSA on the action :) : vlcsnap-2019-07-27-23h36m08s966.png
    LazyR, shuswap1, casf and 1 other person like this.
  4. decinois

decinois Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. rrittner

rrittner Expand your sphere of awarness

Oddometer:
    Quick overnight trip to Blue Mesa Reservoir, near Gunnison, CO IMG_1357[1].JPG
    MrMac, 1994klr250, scarygary and 3 others like this.
  6. terryaki

terryaki BMW

Oddometer:
    F800GSA Best bike ever. IMO. 1st BMW with everything Japanese and 1 KTM (bad mistake). 39 years riding. Heading towards the 1st service. Riding excitement has returned to my life.
  7. soldierguy

soldierguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This came home with me today, and it was a bit of a homecoming for me as well.

The key points: used, not perfect, '15 F800 GSA, 7700-ish miles, a few marks here and there on it...it looks used, but not abused. Fine with me.

In what seems like a past life, I had an early F800 GS. Out of all the bikes I've had, that's the one I regret selling. In my defense, I was seduced by some spicy Italian supermodels, but I always missed the F800.

Then the F800 GSA came out, and I wanted one. But the time was never quite right...too much money, changing situations, blah blah blah...it never made sense to get one. But recently, the husband and I agreed that we should have just two bikes in the garage, and they should be good all-around bikes. Nimble around town, but still suitable for highways and weekend trips. The V1K we have is all over that mission, is a generally fantastic bike, and is going to be my husband's primary bike now. For me, I just picked this one up today. Got a lot of cleaning to do, a little maintenance, and some farkles are in order.

But I'm back on an 800, and I'm glad. Pic is from a brief pause at Moss Landing, on the way home today. Naturally because it's a BMW, I completely ignored the No Parking signs.

[​IMG]
  8. Jugghead

Jugghead Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Beau parapent! Je vous recommande La Route des Grandes Alpes du Menton a Chamonix!
  9. Fearless Whetu

Fearless Whetu Aussi Kiwi

Oddometer:
    I have to say the same. I've had many bikes and I've loved trying out different makes but there are few I really miss. One is my F800.

Sure it's boring powerwise and the suspension needs setting up but it really suited me and after owning KTMs etc I'm now looking to buy a used GSA. Just an all round, simple, good bike.

The key thing for me in an ADV bike now after seeing some things go down with other bikes is reliability. It has to start. I looked at a used F800 that had been sitting in a shed for years yesterday, it burst into life immediately, the KTM even when new took a bit, some times a couple of goes and to me that was kind of symbolic :lol3

I also don't think the new F850GS is appealing at all, to me it looks cheap, tacky and made in India. The older ones to me are the last of the true BMs
    Tigershark48 likes this.
  10. soldierguy

Oddometer:
    I get what you mean about the looks of the F850, but that thing is incredibly refined...far more so than the F800. The suspension feels softer in the rear, ever so slightly firmer up front, but it works well. It's a great bike, but I didn't connect with it on the test ride I took on it like I do the 800.
    Fearless Whetu likes this.
  11. Tigershark48

Tigershark48 My other BMW is a Roadster.

Oddometer:
    I feel the same about my F700. Simple, reliable and does everything I need it to do. I keep looking at other bikes and have owned many others, but this bike simply does everything so well. Just jump on and go, where ever, when ever. Smooth surface, rough surface or off road makes no difference.
  12. Fearless Whetu

Fearless Whetu Aussi Kiwi

Oddometer:
    I realise I am coming from a point of ignorance on the 850 as I have yet to ride one. I was scheduled to do the local ride day and try it as well as the new 1250 but work got in the way.
  13. decinois

decinois Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Tigershark48, soldierguy and casf like this.
  14. burangs

burangs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hänsel und Gretel

6323AE11-D122-479B-BB51-02973517905B.jpeg
  15. soldierguy

Oddometer:
    Those new 850 GSAs are so refined...really nice bikes.
    burangs likes this.
  16. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    soldierguy likes this.
  17. decinois

decinois Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    LazyR, rfk76, casf and 1 other person like this.
  18. decinois

decinois Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    casf, Tigershark48 and soldierguy like this.
  19. adventurebound9517

adventurebound9517 Long timer

Oddometer:
    looking at buying a 2012 BMW F650GS. Very low miles at 1600 miles. Any advise for me?
  20. burangs

burangs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Indeed. I am thrilled with 99% of it. So much so, that it could be the last bike I may ever really need. It has everything that I love about the RT sitting behind it and none of what I don’t. My only gripe might be a rather buzzy engine which I was not expecting from a 270 throw parallel twin. Two (slightly numb) thumbs up!