F850GS / F800GS / F750GS / F700GS / F650GS Twin pics

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Angelo B, Aug 1, 2008.

1. That.guy

That.guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you’re talking about mine they aren’t nice expensive cases. The top case is an old Pelican I transferred over from my previous KLR and the side cases are Harbor Freight Apache 4800 cases (knock off pelicans). They have held up fine so far but the fastest I’ve hit the ground is only about 20mph or so.
  2. Ian-NH

Ian-NH Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally got my new bike delivered this morning!!

Can't wait to register it and get it on the road soon.

My cousin's Dyna behind it. He is kind enough to store my bikes every winter while we wait for riding season up here in New Hampshire.

They delivered this and picked up my Africa Twin trade in at the same time. It didn't feel like it in the showroom but seeing them side by side the F850 looks and feels quite a bit larger which I'm very happy with.

F850GSA.jpg
  3. Emb120

Emb120 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    20200310_180024.png Run-in check completed at the dealer and new Michelin Anakee Wild tires installed.
  4. DirtySkwerl

DirtySkwerl It's not easy being a rodent, we get no respect Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just bought it at Santa Fe BMW. 12,340 miles for $7000. $300 under NADA book and it has $2500 of farkles. I was surprised to get such a reasonable price at a dealership especially at the beginning of the buying season. Thanks for identifying the screen, I had no idea what it is. Didn't look at the new bikes at all. I did read a website review comparing the new F750's to the the F700. The reviewer was underwhelmed. The tank is now conventional (not under the seat) so the center of gravity is higher, it weighs a lot more and has only 2 hp more. I don't know if all the new models have gone to conventional gas tank. I definitely wouldn't want that. I'm just a little rodent. COG is critical for me. I have the lower seat but stock suspension. I need to get my F700 lower. It's hard to me to even get it off the kickstand. And softer springs, it's got no "sag" at all under my 128 lbs. I can't bounce it, it's like sitting on a brick wall.
    Tigershark48 likes this.
  5. DirtySkwerl

Oddometer:
    Wow, your new bike is gorgeous. When I grow up I will buy new bikes too. The only new bike I ever bought was my 2000 Honda cbr929.
    It was my birthday present to myself.

Corkscrew Laguna Seca.jpg
    Tigershark48 likes this.
  6. DirtySkwerl

Oddometer:
    Maybe I was subconsciously drawn to the red/black bike because it looks like a Ducati Monster with the red trellis frame.
  7. DirtySkwerl

Oddometer:
    12,340 miles. thanks for identifying the windscreen. This was priced right for me. My bike was $7000. That's $300 under book and has $2500 of farkles. The Vario bags and racks are $1400, Touratech skidplate, the screen etc. The new F750 has a conventional gas tank. Higher center of gravity, only 2 more hp and it weighs a lot more. Didn't make any sense for me. I'm just a little rodent !! (5'5"-1/2 128 lbs)

How did that hardbag do with that tip over/lay down. I'm referring to your photo of the bike lying on its side on the road with mud and snow. These Varios are my first hardsided bag and I'm nervous about them.
  8. ADVader

ADVader Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got mine about two weeks ago, 2019 F750GS. Pretty naked so far, just some Denali lights up front and a little $20 wind deflector until I figure out what I want to go with. Cat approves of the new bike.

Attached Files:

9. Tigershark48

Tigershark48 My other BMW is a Roadster.

Oddometer:
    Love the color! Better than their marketing pictures.
  10. ADVader

ADVader Adventurer

Oddometer:
    See, I wasn't in love with the color initially. But the Stereo Metallic Matte doesn't look right on it to me (the R9T Scrambler the dealer has looks great in it) and I didn't want a white bike. It's since grown on me. Plus I couldn't pass up the deal. I miss my Indian, but not the time for it right now. This will be a more versatile bike for me for where I'm at, both geographically and lifestyle wise.
  11. Tigershark48

Oddometer:
    0C8B5F02-D245-4805-99F9-9EA14E3B15E8.jpeg Hey, what’s wrong with white?
  12. ADVader

ADVader Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nothing wrong with white, just didn't want a white bike. Wife's car is white, as is my second form of transportation. Need a little color lol
    Tigershark48 likes this.
  13. Tigershark48

Oddometer:
    Just messing with you. My truck and our roadster are red. My wife’s Highlander is brown. And, my tractor is green. Nothing runs like a Deere ;-). Motorcycle colors are typically very limited. On my bike, I could get red, grey or white. I actually ordered my bike shipped from a dealer two states away to get the red/white combo. But I seriously love the color on your bike. I’ve been considering a new F900XR which is offered in the same color. I’ll need to see it to pass judgement, but I’m a lot more optimistic after seeing yours. Good choice. And, like you said, the cat approves.
  14. bikeymikey70

bikeymikey70 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    IMG_7704.jpg
    Quick explore on a Sunday afternoon, found a track that follows Mirrool Creek for miles, lots of fun sliding around on the F750GS
    jjjjjjay and Tigershark48 like this.
  15. ADVader

ADVader Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can post a picture Tuesday evening of one. I work at the local BMW dealer (Indian, BMW, Kawasaki, and Suzuki) and we have an F900XR in the Austin Yellow
  16. Tigershark48

Oddometer:
    Very handy. That would be great. Thanks.
  17. ADVader

ADVader Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wife was sitting here reading this and goes "why don't you just post a picture from the website (dealership site)?" so here we go

Attached Files:

AdamChandler likes this.
  18. Tigershark48

Oddometer:
    Thanks, but I’m still not convinced. I think it works a lot better on your 750.

Not because I have a white 700, but I like the white 900 the best. I photoshopped it to show what I would likely do with vinyl if I bought one. Matt black side panels and front fender and cover the silver side fairings with white, then reapply XR decals. I really like the silver wheels with the white tank.

Attached Files:

19. ADVader

ADVader Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, agreed. I think maybe if the tail section didn't have the yellow. It's a little too much. I like what you did with the white. If it was more white and black, it would look storm-trooperish (would match the wife's civic hatchback)
  20. Tigershark48

Oddometer:
    I just darkened the matt black above. Much better.