F850GS multi-controller issues

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Mikalle76, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Mikalle76

Mikalle76 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys, I have a 19' 850 and I am having issues with the multi controller. The damn thing doesn't seem to work. I turn on the bike, and get to the main screen on the TFT and when I depress the menu button, I go to toggle left or right or "scroll" the wheel and nothing! It's like there is no connection. I cant get it to the shop since I have been working from home and everything closes so early now. Has anyone had this issue?
  2. dolomite

dolomite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The scroll wheel is a finicky little thing, believe it or not I think it needs to be "broken in." When I first got the bike I'd push it back and forth and only half the clicks would be registered, but after some time it's gotten to be pretty reliable. You might also want to experiment with how much pressure you're putting on it, my hands are on the small side so I grab it in front and in back and, with opposing force, it gets the job done. I think the TFT also has some input lag that exacerbates the issue. I'm hoping there will be a firmware update coming.
  3. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I have little to no lag... Never had an issue with the multi wheel not registering either.
  4. dolomite

dolomite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hmm maybe we should start a warranty claim on ours.
  5. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    I didn't want to be the one to say Na Na Na Na Na but I have zero issues with mine either...
  6. Mikalle76

Mikalle76 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve had it for over 3k miles I guess I’ll take it in when I can. It is frustrating but if it is covered under warranty... I’m cool with it.