F850GS TFT Display Problem?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by KW Guy, Jul 24, 2020.

1. KW Guy

KW Guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got back from a 10 day, 3,000 mile trip from Colorado to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho with my 2019 F850GS. The bike worked great until the last morning while heading home. Leaving town the speed limit jumped to 70 MPH, so I got the bike into sixth gear and engaged the cruise control. After a few seconds it disengaged; when I looked at the TFT the display for the cruise control had disappeared and the gear indicator was showing first gear. The cruise control will not reengage and the gear indicator shows first no matter what gear I am in. Neutral will not display, just 1.

I stopped by the dealer on the way home, but they are so booked up they can't get to it for a few weeks. Not sure if its a TFT problem or a bad controller box somewhere. Anyone seen this before or have any ideas? Thanks.
  2. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    Likely a gear position indicator/sensor or a wiring issue.
    heatmizr likes this.
  3. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Yup. 70mph in first gear does not computer, so it kills the cruise.
  4. Shropdog

Shropdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just posted a similar issue on just the cruise control...TFT is fine tho...so far. Be interesting to see what comes of this!
  5. KW Guy

KW Guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When I got the bike home, I saw that some of the readings on Trip 2 were incorrect; an average speed of 2 MPH and gas mileage of 2 MPG. I reset everything in Trip 1 and 2 and voila, the gear indicator and cruise control started working again. Weird.
  6. Shropdog

Shropdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll try that too...thx for the tip!