Fall Colors Ride

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Boulder Ed, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    Back about 6 or 7 years ago I went on a fall colors ride for few nights of camping out with the ADV gang, back when I lived in Boulder. We left from some kind gentleman's home in Steamboat, whom I can't recall, and camped a couple nights, ended up near Crested Butte for lunch one day .

Ya'll ever do this anymore? I used "ya'll" cause I'm now a fricking Texan, suffering aspen withdrawal 5 years later still. What a great memory.

Ed
  2. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow- haven’t been on the Rockies section in a while.???
    We lost the headmaster a year or so ago. Mark was his name.

For more info Insert this in search engine :
    R.I.P. GrayWolf11
  3. patrkbukly

patrkbukly Life at 10,000 feet

Oddometer:
    For whatever it's worth;
    I live in Fairplay on 6 acres of Aspen up against the Pike National Forest. Great camping around here and I would't mind being some sort of a host, contact...whatever person.
  4. Osprey!

Osprey! a.k.a. Opie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nobody has stepped up to lead a 2020 Fall Colors ride, so I'm seriously considering organizing one. It would likely take place in mid October and be focused on easy trails and forest roads. I strongly prefer self supported rides with dispersed camping, and nothing too challenging for terrain. October might be too late though, but that's the earliest I could make it happen. I envision the ride starting on a Thursday and ending on a Sunday with a max size of 12 riders.

If you're interested, PM me.
    The Rizz, bmon, wbunt and 1 other person like this.
  5. cbig

cbig Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer:
    Looks fun! I'm coming in around 3rd week to the Ouray, Telluride area. I'll bring my plated xr650r on back of a small motorhome. Hope to do some Moab stuff before turning for home in SOCAL
  6. Osprey!

Osprey! a.k.a. Opie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey all,
    I'm currently on a 3 week PNW trip. I'm not going to have time to organize anything this year. 2020 is a possibility. We'll see...
  7. cbig

cbig Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer:
    Mammoth! 2 more weeks! 20150924_153950.jpg
    HanzoSteel likes this.