Fall East Bay (SF) Mini Tour & BBQ @ the Casa Moraga

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by doc riverz, Sep 27, 2002.

1. doc riverz

doc riverz anatra di seduta

Oddometer:
    Meeting point: FatApple's Restaurant & Bakery in El Cerrito
    7525 Fairmount Avenue
    El Cerrito, CA 94530
    510-528-3433
    Take the Central Ave. exit east-bound off hwy 80 or 580, make a right on Carlson Bl. or San Pablo Av., and go 1 block and make a left on Fairmount Av. It’s about a mile up on the left side just before Fairmount Av. becomes Colusa Av. This is one of my all-time favorite breakfast spots. They have a small parking lot and enough room to accommodate numerous hungry moto peeps.

When: Nov 17, 0800ish. We leave FatApple’s at 0900. If you want time to eat a leisurely breakfast then get there early. I recommend you do. They open at 0700.

So where are we riding, Dave? We will circle Mt. Diablo, the long way. I will distribute mappage and details at FatApple’s.

What kind of time commitment? We should be back at The Casa in the early afternoon for BBQ.

What to bring for the after ride BBQ: Well, since you are riding a motorcycle and food tends to be perishable (not to mention it takes up room and is messy in your luggage if it explodes), bring money (if you have some). The missus and I will be grilling up some satays (mini kabobs) with a zippy peanut dipping sauce and have a couple of snack items on hand. If you are a vegetarian we can do Boca burgers for you. There is a good Safeway near my house at the intersection of Moraga Way and Moraga Rd. in, say it with me now, Moraga, where you can pick up some stuff after we get back to my place. While you swing by Safeway, I’ll be cookin’ away.

Contact info: riverz@earthlink.net cel: 925.890.0880 If I can't pick up leave a message and I’ll call you back faster then you think.

Please let me know if you will or might make it so's I can gather enough goodies. Thanks!

Looking forward to hanging with you.
  2. xrjohnny

xrjohnny total poser, slow as heck, bad attitude

Oddometer:
    I am in. Live in SF. Will take a buddy on an Adventure. I am on XR.

will this be sport, tour, dual sport, or a mix?

xr johnny
  3. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    As of now..In..Any reason why you are doing this on a Sunday instead of Sat..? No bitching..just wondering..

Joc
  4. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    I'm going to calbmw open house on saturday... let us now when and were and that to bring
  5. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Sorry mang...I'm out. I'll be riding back from San Diego that day.
    Down there the entire week for bidness, unless I get laid off before then :uhoh, in which case I'll be IN!
  6. zouch

zouch part-time wanderer Supporter

Oddometer:
    sounds cool; at this point i think i'm in. let us know where. DIRT would be a major plus! :):

frankly, i'd prefer Saturday also, but will work with Sunday if that's better for all.

cheers!
    e
  7. Lone*Star

Lone*Star Redneck loaned as SFITFN

Oddometer:
    FNG from A-town here. I'm in. Been lurking for awhile and I'd like to meet some of you guys. Let me know if you need me to bring anythin'
  8. doc riverz

Oddometer:
    xrjohnny: Tarmac, cos I don't know of any dirt roads in the East Bay. Some of the "roads" will be like dirt to some riders though.

jocflier: Cos that particular weekend I happen to be working on Friday (my wedding anniversary) so I got to make it up to honey pie on Sat. (Then have her help me with the Q prep, of course.) :pepsweeti

rico: Cool, have fun w/ the Cal peeps. See you on Sun. :):

fish: Bummer. However, if you are jobless we will help you forget your troubles... :cry

zouch: Would love to do dirt if possible. Not much (that I know of) 'round here though. :dunno

Lone*Star: Welcome to the asylum. Looking forward to meeting you. :cool3

Everybody: We will take a little AM tour of the usual road fodder over here and I’ll partake of some of the lessor known, but still excellent, roads that the East Bay has to offer. We will meet at FatApples, have a killer breakfast and hit some East Bay roads then finish up in the general vicinity of Moraga. I live not too far from Pinehurst, off Redwood Road. I hope this will be less of an aggressive ride and more of a moving get-together.

After the ride we can grab some last minute supplies and descend upon my back yard where the missus will have the beef satays marinating & some hops iced up. If you are a vegetarian then we can work that out. I’ll see if I can find a cigar or two well I’m at it. :jose

Looking forward to hangin’ with you.

riverz@earthlink.net
  9. Bart Savage

Bart Savage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will try to check in also......let me know if I need to bring anything for the after-ride.
  10. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    is 7;51 on SUNDAY and I still don't know were we are going...
    is not a big deal take me about ,,5 minutes to be ready....and many of my LONG(6,000or more milles) start this way,,,were do i go this morning!?!?!?!.
    LET me KNOW SooN!!!!
  11. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ricardo!!!!

Look at the date!!!!

NOVEMBER 17TH.......NOT TODAY..

Joc....
  12. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    I confess I'm total space cadet,,or at least the first that can" fly"with out a ROCKET,,,,, or colateral (ilegal) substances.

I never plan so far ahead ,that is for sure
  13. doc riverz

Oddometer:
    Okay, ride followed by BBQ at The Casa this Sunday. I edited the first post with the details, so scroll up. Don't forget. Let me know if you're coming. Let's party! Later...
    :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink :1drink