Farm Road Caution

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by chain, Sep 17, 2004.

1. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Harvest season

Its that time of year again when the farmers have there machinery out of the barns traveling to and fro over hill and dale.

Just afriendly reminder to watch for these slow moving masses while youre out enjoying your favorite back roads.

Nothing like cresting a gravel rise at 70mph only to find john deere combine taking up the entire road and most of the ditch

cheers
    chain
  2. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    I will keep alert. Doubt I will see em too soon though. Probably start taking baby steps in about three weeks. Riding to follow those steps I am sure.

joe
  3. Queen

Queen Happy Camper

Oddometer:
    Another note of caution in farm country.....the implement may be wider than you think. A combine with a bean head, harrigater (sp?) or chisel plow on it will extend out to the sides farther than you think, all that's out at the tips is VERY sharp bits so be really careful when you pass a piece of machinery.

Also, if you behind something that looks like a big wagon, it may be fully loaded with corn of soybeans...both of which sting when they hit you and are like riding on ball bearings when you roll over them.
  4. TIM I.

TIM I. and some dry white toast

Oddometer:
    I was on a gravel road today passing farms and equipment was moving across the road, back and forth from field to grain trucks, they didn't really hesitate to drive right across.