FASTER: The movie

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by motozilla, Oct 4, 2004.

1. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a local Adv Gathering at The AZ Mills on Baseline in Tempe, AZ, Friday night, October 8th starting at 6P.M. Speacial bike parking will be provided and we'll see the 7:10 P.M. show.

If you haven't seen this movie, it rocks! It's about GP Racing and it's similar to On Any Sunday in format.

:thumb :thumb :thumb
  2. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    I'll plan to be there. Are you all planning to have a bite to eat at 6:00?
  3. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Hoopy Frood Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm gonna be there (there's a thread about this on the "Upcoming events" forum, too). It's playing at both Centerpoint and Mills, I'm planning on Centerpoint.

Giz, I think we (CodeWife and I, perhaps a friend from work), plan to eat after the movie, you're all welcome to join us.

JC
  4. Curtis

Curtis Life serve the risk taker

Oddometer:

On Mill Ave.? Where on Mill? I thought it was AZ Mills mall on Baseline. I'm confused now, where are you guys meeting at?
  5. Curtis

Oddometer:
    I answered my own question. I didn't know there was a Harkins Centerpoint on University. Yeah, that sounds like a better place to watch the movie.

Now Playing in theaters near you

Add to My Theaters Harkins Centerpoint 11
    730 South Mill Avenue
    Tempe, AZ 85281 (Map)
    1:50pm | 4:20pm | 6:50pm | 9:20pm | 11:50pm Get Tickets Remind Me
  6. Codewheeney

Oddometer:
    Got my tickets via <announcer voice>Movie Phone.com</announcer voice> for Centerpoint.

My wife came home last night (and, while shouting over the TV) asked why I was watching the DVD of the movie we were going to see in only 4 days. She hasn't seen the whole thing yet, but I think she'll understand once she does.

JC
  7. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    MY BAD MY BAD MY BAD!!!!!!

This get together is at the AZ Mills on baseline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fook, I'm sorry for the mis-post....Blame Scott Colbath! :lol3
  8. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    O.K., so where are you all planning to meet at AZ Mills?
  9. Curtis

Oddometer:
    How about Tiffany's :nod :evil :eek1
  10. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    In front of the theater. Supposedly, we have special parking. :evil
  11. Stomp

Stomp Imprisoned Wanderlust

Oddometer:
    it ain't playing here for a couple weeks. But don't let us know how it is or anything :thumb
  12. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    after you see the movie (possibly for the 4th or 5th time) and are totally jazzed on MotoGP, realize, ITS COMING TO CALIFORNIA NEXT JULY!!!! Yes, Laguna Seca will be hosting a MotoGP race. I've got my ticket ordered already, I'm planning on spending the entire 3 days at the track, camping on "Fox Hill" in the infield.

See this thread...
  13. Codewheeney

Oddometer:
  14. Stomp

Oddometer:
    Okay, so they pulled Faster from all the Landmark Theaters in the bay area. Anyone know what's up with that? I talked to the guy in the SF box office for the Landmark Theaters and all he could tell me is that they pulled it and he has no idea where it's going (if it's going somewhere else at all). :2cry
  15. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    well, its already on DVD. it ran here (santa cruz) in august, 2 nights only, a special showing at a local theater thats more known for live music and stage than movies (its a former movie theater converted to a performing arts hall).
  16. Stomp

Oddometer:
    Can you rent it at Blockbuster? :dunno
  17. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    I ordered my copy from the faster website... I don't think its gotten broad distribution, it looks to be a private label DVD, in fact, the only logo on the spine is that of MotoGP, and the disk itself is silkscreened with 'special preview edition', and only has
    FASTER (c) Spark Productions 2003 MotoGP (c) Dorna Sports SL​
    along the bottom, no distribution company, or nada. It does have a UPC barcode, 83837 00019

There are almost no extras on this disk, other than a bit on the end of Ewan MacGregor (the narrator) riding a sportbike on the streets of a Mediterranean city with the championship racers on their race bikes, which overheat, much to Ewans amusement. This preview disk looka like its still available for $25 at http://www.fastermovie.com/dvd.html
  18. Curtis

Oddometer:
    This may be blasphemy but I thought the movie bit. I kept waiting for the endless interview to be over and see some racing. The best part of the movie was the trailer they replay at the beginning. It creates a sense that this movie will be exciting to watch and it was far from it.
  19. Codewheeney

Oddometer:
    I liked the movie (especially the beginning, like you mention) but I was disappointed with the theatrical release. I was hoping for a better picture and better sound than my 27" Monkeywards el cheapo TV, but I didn't get that. The artsy treatment of many of the shots (slightly out of focus, color casting), actually looked worse on the big screen. I'm gonna try and go and see it again at another theater this weekend, to see if it was just that one theater.

I certainly could have ended better, sort of fizzled. I give it 3.5/5 motos.

JC