Fastway footpegs on the GS1200

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by kirkmoon, Oct 3, 2004.

1. kirkmoon

kirkmoon Making up for lost youth

Oddometer:
    I really love the Fastway footpegs. They provide a large and stable platform which is outstanding for riding while standing up but also nice for general riding. They are adjustable (high and lowboy positions). They provide excellent grip. They are well made.

I especially like the fact that they lower the location of the footpeg on the GS1200 since I am relatively tall (a bit over 6'1" with long legs) and find the stock position to be a little bit crowded. I didn't measure the difference in position, but I would guesstimate that the Fastways are around 1" lower than the stock pegs. Despite being broad, they do not interfere with braking or shifting at all.

These pegs fit without modification on the new GS1200. Although not listed on their website (www.fastwayperformance.com), the proper collar for the pegs is the 400 collar (the same one used by the small Hondas). I have mine in the "lowboy" position and love them. Even though they are significantly lower than the stock pegs, I didn't scrape the pegs when leaned over at some pretty respectable angles (had the rear preload all the way stiff, which undoubtedly helps in that regards.) Although they lack the rubber pads that the stock pegs have, I did not find them to transmit any unwanted vibrations into my feet on two successive 400 mile days.

I love 'em.

Here are a few pictures of the pegs on my bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers. :freaky
  2. Jim Bud

Jim Bud Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now I know when I upgrade from my 1150GS to the 1200, I can move the fastaways with me :thumb :thumb :thumb

too bad I can't take the AeroFlow, the Jesse's, the Corbin, etc..... :lol3

Jim Bud
  3. HMarc

HMarc Hoseur

Oddometer:
    I've had the Fastway pegs on mine for the last 8k miles or so, and likewise love them.

I see you used the 10mm screws for the leading edges of your pegs, and the 12mm for the rest. I used 10mm for all of them.

In fact, the reason I bought the version with the removable studs was that I wanted to try putting something on top of the pegs, and screwing it down. I tried a Vibram sole from the shoe repair shop, but it didn't work out. I went with the 10mm studs and am very happy with the result. No apparent damage to my Daytona boots either.

My advice to others would be to save $10 and get the $99 version that has pressed-in studs instead of the replaceable ones. I've done a lot of mods to my R12GS, and these Fastway pegs are one of the very best changes I've made. They make riding standing up (which I do alot) super comfortable and confidence inspiring...
  4. David_S

David_S Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kirk thanks for the pics. I'm thinking about ordering a set after my last trip where I did quite a bit of standing. I didn't see a #400 collar listed on they're site. Are you sure it's the right number? Maybe they just don't have that one listed and a phone call would be in order.
    Thanks,
  5. HMarc

HMarc Hoseur

Oddometer:
    I bought the ones for the R1150GS, and they fit just fine. The collar could have been about 0.035" or 0.040" longer, but otherwise was perfect in dimensions. I gave the specs to Ricky (from whom I got my set) so he could get special collars made for the R12GS...
  6. kirkmoon

Oddometer:
    I don't know if this link will work, but it is pointing at a PDF of the application chart for the Fastway pegs. The collar you want is listed as part # Moto-2-400 for just the collar, Moto-2-403 for the entire footpeg system with screw in spikes (the F3 system) , or Moto-2-404 for the fixed spike sysytem (the F4 system).
  7. David_S

David_S Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Kirk, I was confusing the collar PN with the kit PN.

DS
  8. SQD8R

SQD8R Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer:
    thx for the pics KM, makes the decision easier.
  9. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    The stuff you know so well...and works.
  10. Bikerboy108

Bikerboy108 Pat from Jersey

Oddometer:
    KirkAny preference on either fixed or replaceable spikes??
  11. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
  12. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    So, Kirk..
    You ordered the F-3 pegs AND the 400 collars separately? Or did you get the "Kit" and the collars came with the kit?

Thanks...just trying figure out what I need to order.
  13. tommy

tommy xxx xxx xxx

Oddometer:
    i just got mine F4's last week - very nice - took about 3 weeks to get them - fit was perfect - quality is first class - took me a few minutes to figure out how to install the spring - [​IMG]
  14. SQD8R

Oddometer:
    any tips on installation?
  15. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Keep the rubbers from your stock footpegs and use them in the Fastways. They fit just right.
  16. kirkmoon

Oddometer:
    I've had the replaceable "spikes" on the three sets that I have bought (different bikes), but I doubt that there is much of a difference between the two. The fixed ones have the advantage that they won't ever get loose, and you don't have to screw them in to start with. The removable/replaceable one is better if you want to use different heights on different parts of the footpeg.
  17. kirkmoon

Oddometer:
    :thumb

I had forgotten about this thread. You really dug deep into the trash bin to find this one.
  18. kirkmoon

Oddometer:
    If you don't already have the footpegs (which you might if you were transferring them from another bike), you need to get the entire kit, which includes the footpegs and the collars and springs. On the Fastway Web site, the part numbers for ordering are Moto-2-403 for the entire footpeg system with screw in spikes (the F3 system) , or Moto-2-404 for the fixed spike sysytem (the F4 system).
  19. kirkmoon

Oddometer:
    Its pretty obvious when you have the parts in your hand. Nothing tricky. Just look at the pics in my post and you can figure it out. The kit comes with instructions if you run into difficulty.
  20. SQD8R

Oddometer:
    thx much appreciated.