Fastway footpegs on the GS1200

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by kirkmoon, Oct 3, 2004.

1. GSDonovan

GSDonovan There and back again

Oddometer:
    The spacers just adjust the angle of the footpeg relative to the bike which affects how it points your knees in towards the tank. I didn't use any of the spacers and the footpegs are nice and level like the stock pegs.

2. Longer

Longer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotcha on the angle but I just don't understand why these two particular washer/spacers are a larger diameter than the m6 bolt and the rest of the supplied spacers (in the baggie).

Just seems odd to me...
  3. Flyboy08

Flyboy08 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like mine as well...so much so that I have scraped them:lol3
  4. BMW Kurt

BMW Kurt Philosopher

Oddometer:
    I put these two spacers on top of the collars and ran the pin with the circlip through them. Funny, but on mine I had to use all of the washers to get my pegs level using the camber system :dunno
  5. Longer

Longer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was thinking that these might be used for spacing with the collars but wasn't 100%...I really should have gone down to the bike first before posting. As I tell the other techs that I work with: "look with your eyes and not with your mouth". I guess I should take my own advice!

Thanks for the help guys, I can't wait to scrape mine too!

Longer
  6. m0to

m0to Under the Big Hard Sun

Oddometer:
  7. hapbob

hapbob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got mine Today... Back orderd for 4 weeks... for those looking to buy them. Went on OK one collor was a bittch to get in......I tried to press it in with my bench vice....Vice now stripped/broken! The coller is in enough to fit on the bike but still not in flush. I fiddled with return springs for 20 minutes then decided to run in the house and check this thread for a picture...then I put them on in 2 minutes with the help of photos here. Great resource no doubt. 5 degrees right now so will have to wait to try em out...
  8. VON STRIDER

VON STRIDER CHICKEN LICKIN' GOOD

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know of a manufacture of fat &/or swivel foot pegs for a '89 R100GS. Something similar to Fastways or comparables.
  9. jwd98056

jwd98056 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    According to this thread on the Airhead Beemers Club, Fastway Evolution IIs will fit the R100. The model number is 22-2-403.
  10. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    I have them in the lowest position, had to lower the shifter via the linkeage adjustment procedure a little bit downward. Before I couldn't switch to 2. gear and had trouble with 1st (had to lift my boots of the pegs. That's a problem only if you have size 14 boots and very long legs (37" inseam here).
  11. turnerm

turnerm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed my Fastways today and I had the same issue with regards to shimming the right and left. The left side required more shims to level the peg. The right side didn't need any at first, but after leveling the left, I may add a thin shim.
  12. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    WAY to much Loctite. It only needs one small drop to hold.
  13. mung

mung Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those screws do not need any loctite.Have had those pegs on my dirt bikes for a long time and they have not even loosened with no thread sealant.When it is time to replace the screws the ends will be very worn and will be much easier to replace if there is no locking compound on them.
  14. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Probably true, just following the installation instructions.

https://www.promotobillet.com/files/p-17831/footpegs/evo_instructions_web.pdf
  15. turnerm

turnerm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got mine installed today and I love them.

Attached Files:

16. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Wow, like art!:deal
  17. Travman

Travman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In stalled the new Adventure pegs on my GSAW. Took about 30min or so and most of that was playing with the various shims. My thanks to Turnerm for the hint on different leveling shims needed on each side. I mounted these very slightly raised. The right side was a little tougher getting the spring right and by the pics you can see that the left has no interference with the kickstand. I mounted these in the low position but even there, they are only about a 1/4" lower than the stock pegs. Leaving for a 4-day trip on Friday so will get some quality time with them but they feel like I'll be able to move my feet around much more than on the stocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. abrasive

abrasive Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks good. :clap. About to install a set of those myself, on a GSAW.
  19. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had the adventure footpegs for a while now. I think you will really like them. They get in the way a slight bit when your feet are on the ground but it's a small price to pay for their awesome size.
  20. Ronh21

Ronh21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just a quick threadjack. What size is the torx bolt holding that shifter on?