Fatal Crash , Harley sportster / scrambler transformation

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by TWChristy, Aug 10, 2019.

1. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    When you said he passed out I assumed it was late at night not mid afternoon. I quit riding with a few guys that liked to drink and ride but mostly hit the bars at night. I got many a call at 2 or later in the morning to come pull one of their bikes out of a ditch so the cops wouldn't catch them .amazingly ,none of the accidents led to any serious injuries. What happened to the black seat I saw on one of the pics. I think I liked the contrast a little better than the tan one but a great job none the less.
  2. TWChristy

TWChristy BeenTHEREcrashedTHAT

Oddometer:
    I still have it , it’s just really hard. I’m thinking of putting a solo seat on it , with a full size luggage rack on the back. If I can find one cheap.
  3. Malamute

Malamute Low speed adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good job.

A short sissy bar would also give you a tie-on point for gear. I used to set my gear on the back fender and bungee it to the sissy bar, keeping the rear seat functional, or tie more stuff on the rear seat also. Just a thought.
    TWChristy likes this.
  4. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Extroverted Loner

Oddometer:
    Without knowing Chris, I bet he is either smiling or laughing his ass off at your build. You did a great job and I'm sure your buddy would approve. I can't think of a better way to honor your friend's life.

Not that is one Harley I could own. Thanks for sharing the story and the build.
    Mike
    TWChristy likes this.
  5. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow, that is absolutely perfect. You did a great thing with this bike! :deal