Fatty on back holds my gear

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by 02NoBtr, Jul 11, 2019.

1. 02NoBtr

02NoBtr n00b

Oddometer:
    Just took a short up and back through a section of the Idaho BDR. Some folks at Burdgorf thought my riding companion was interesting so I thought I'd throw this out here. I call him Berne because that's what his name is. Sewed the legs closed, put a zipper across the torso, took the loops off the back and sewed them to the front so they wrap under and hook, some D rings, Scotch guard - you get the idea. Tool bags and heavy gear in the legs, stuff the sleeping bag across both, thermarest and bivvy in the top with food, water, chain lube and attach with cam-lok straps through rear seat tugger strap and piece of paracord through the rear fender. D rigns on the bottom of the legs to nylon strap wherever it attaches. Right side is back a bit so I can kick the bike. It's been working for me for a couple years.

Attached Files:

2. nvklr

nvklr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Genius!
  3. Chaos-in-ID

Chaos-in-ID Who knows Thats the fun of it

Oddometer:
    You need a KLR (:
  4. Glenn247

Glenn247 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Respect. May want to mass produce and sell in the Vendor thread here. I'm sure it'd be a low cost alternative to giant loop options..
    2talltom and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  5. Cav47

Cav47 Look, Lean, and Pray!

Oddometer:
    I have also thought of this concept before. Just never pulled it off like you have. I concur, you should market it. Giant Loop makes good stuff, but for the price they charge, there should be good in the bottom.

I thought of a cargo type pant for some outside storage.
    Go for it!
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  6. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    So fucking legit.
  7. Spyrious

Spyrious Want to go offroad

Oddometer:
    That's very funny and very clever! Great job!
  8. YJake

YJake PAR Nation Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fucking brilliant.

-Jake
  9. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    I like it.
  10. 02NoBtr

02NoBtr n00b

Oddometer:
    I thought of cargo pants but then it occurred to me that big torso, short leg bib overalls might be better. Super simple. Talked to a guy who sews at a local canvas shop and this turned out. It's got so much space I pack a travel pillow, fuel bottles, camp stove, etc. I found an 8" crescent wrench on the trail and just tucked it in an open leg pocket. A pair of coveralls would allow even more options and probly be a simpler project and a shorter zipper. A guy could wax it like old school oilcloth but the scotchguard is working pretty well. I unload it and hose it off when I get back to the house. If it's packed right it's pretty easy to access whatever you need. Hell a guy could probly get some decent coveralls at a thrift store for a few bucks. It's a $50 project.
    Cav47 likes this.
  11. 02NoBtr

02NoBtr n00b

Oddometer:
    The Big Red Pig man - XR650R. That bike'll be in my stable until they haul me out in a bag. Ran across a guy on a new F650GS in the dirt (582) north of Lowman - dude must've been 70+ years, geared up and taking his time God love him. My Kawasaki is a C-14. Love that bike too.
  12. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just use a one piece riding suit and wrap the arms around your waist!
    petertakov, Richarde1605 and Cav47 like this.
  13. Johnny Kilo

Johnny Kilo Sumbeotch

Oddometer:
    That is funny right there.

John
  14. Chaos-in-ID

Chaos-in-ID Who knows Thats the fun of it

Oddometer:
    Im in my 60s still getting out all is good. No more iron buts, now its more about what I am riding through and the adventure on the way. I realy dont care if I get were I started out for more often than not I gust needed a derection to head out. I used to ride past everything just to get someware as a young man, now I stop and enjoy what ever comes along.
    The wife likes to tell people that he went to CA but that dont mean he is not in Montana. He is easly side tracked.
    Richarde1605 likes this.