Favorite Premix Oil and Ratio

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by craydds, Mar 26, 2013.

1. slideways

slideways España

Oddometer:
    You are a mass of misinformation, but keep beating that dead horse. I bet you cannot find a soul on any of these forums that has had an oil failure problem using any of the top shelf autolube oils/ premix oil on the market today. It is a non event that only exists in your crack addled mind.
  2. Valleyrider

Valleyrider I Survived The '60s

Oddometer:
    Once again, more mis-information...

"A concern for environmental protection has recurred in diverse forms, in different parts of the world, throughout history. For example, in Europe, King Edward I of England banned the burning of sea-coal by proclamation in London in 1272, after its smoke had become a problem.<SUP id=cite_ref-Pea-souper_8-0 class=reference>[8]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-Deadly_9-0 class=reference>[9]</SUP> The fuel was so common in England that this earliest of names for it was acquired because it could be carted away from some shores by the wheelbarrow. Air pollution would continue to be a problem in England, especially later during the Industrial Revolution, and extending into the recent past with the Great Smog of 1952."

Twin-Shocker, please note that this is a "quote".
    Found it on the Web just like you!!
    You can find it if you search "Environmentalism" :wink:
  3. stainlesscycle

stainlesscycle Long timer

Oddometer:

it all makes sense now. i think twin-shocker has been huffing some of that.
  4. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

The information I have posted here has come from oil manufacturer tech departments, and I would guess is far more accurate than that provided by play biking trolls who choose to use thinned down autolube oils in their pre-mix bikes.
  5. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    As anywhere in the world pollution is certainly a problem here in the UK, but worldwide the continual blocking of any worthwhile measures to address these issues by the US, is of far greater concern.
  6. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

You have much to say on this thread, but like your fellow trolls are unable to impart anything other than your own personal opinions, which are not supported by anything other than you attacking others who do not agree with this BS.

I think its time for you and fellow fans of autolube oils in pre-mix bikes, to post up the advantages of using very thin autlolube oil, at double the mix ratio required for a pre-mix oil, over products that have been specifically designed for pre-mix use, and are used by all serious riders competing on pre-mix bikes.

Not interested in more stuff related to your own opinions, but some solid technical reasons to support your ridiculous claims. The stuff you have posted up is not only inaccurate, but is likely to confuse some people following this thread, to the extent that some feel its correct, and will start using autolube oils in their own pre-mix bikes!
  7. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

There is no real reason for failure to occur for anyone using an autolube oil, at double the mix ratio appropriate for a proper pre-mix product.

I guess you have not bothered to read my past posts, when I clarified the fact that autolube oils used at recommended mix ratios, are perfect for play bike use, where less than great throttle response and increased need for service are not of great importance?

The thing that the autolube trolls just cant seem to figure though, is that using a proper pre-mix only product, will allow mixing at a leaner ratio, provide better throttle response, more power, and reduced need for service.

Using proper pre-mix only oils is the best possible option if you have a pre-mix bike, using autolube oil is just fine for playbikes, but has a number of downsides if you are a serious competitor. If using autolube oil over proper pre-mix lubes, does have any advantages, not one of the manufacturer tech departments I have contacted in regard to 2T oils over the last 2 years is aware of what these actually are.......................maybe you trolls could enlighten us all?
  8. mtothef

mtothef Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you sure have taken a liking to the use of the word "troll"...

since i don't race, and am just an ignorant guy who listens to what people who have made a career out of racing and rebuilding engines tell me to run in my bikes, i'll throw my two cents in here. seems just as valid as anything you are saying.

NOBODY i have ever talked to who races (and trials, as has been mentioned, does not count) two strokes of any kind, air or water cooled, runs a premix ratio leaner than 50:1, regardless of oil. nobody. amsoil can quack all they want about a raceable 100:1 mix, but go to some races and try to find anyone actually running at 100:1. nobody does it.

i have a trials bike. i run 64:1 in it, whatever synthetic oil i have laying around. never bother to check if it is the dreaded watered down autolube oil you fear so much. top end lasts for years. bottom end is now a decade old. seems to have plenty of pep.

i have a 300cc watercooled enduro bike. it is fast enough that unless i am in the desert and have a whole lot of horizon in front of me, that even in competition events, it doesn't spend massive amounts of time on the mainjet. i run it at 43:1. top end doesn't get glazed or sticky, plug is nice and tan, bottom end is still doing fine four seasons in. motorex synthetic, don't remember whether the bottle says injector friendly or not.

i have an old rd350, light porting and head work, chambers, ignition, jetted to work. the porting was done by a nice man who has been doing this since the early 1970s, who currently holds the land speed record for an aircooled motor under 200cc, non-streamlined. he did this with a heavily built ct1 yamaha 175cc based engine, and hit something like 124mph with it. i take his word on what to do with oils. for my RD, and for most aircooled two stroke high strung bikes, he says "20:1 if you are racing street, 32:1 elsewhere." he says bean oils are best, but unless they get mixed and used immediately are more of a pain in the ass than they are usually worth.

others have done the math regarding mix dilution, whether solvent is involved or not, and you have said they are trolls.

i recall you also once, somewhere back in this thread maybe, mentioning that jetting for heavier premix ratios (say 20:1 compared to 100:1) needed to be richer to account for the heavier viscosity of the fuel moving through the jet. this indicates a basic stupidity that is almost embarrassing to witness, to say nothing of a broader pedantic flat-earth ignorance. that alone, the notion that fuel is getting thicker and therefore needs a larger hole to flow through, is reason enough to invalidate anything you might say.

but you keep on quacking, shifting your argument to keep it alive. now, it's about the solvent level in some oils, and how that makes a critical difference to the lubricative qualities at work. even though the percentage of solvent seems to fluctuate in your argument from 5% to 40% depending on what is convenient for you.

but hey, as i said, i don't know much at all. so it should be easy to discredit me. however, like many others in this trainwreck of a thread, i have at least stated the bikes i have, and my experience with them. this is something that you, in spite of many requests from others for you to show some tiny bit of contextual familiarity with this subject - be it in the form of bike ownership or mechanical experience - have continually dodged and reverted to calling people trolls.

i wouldn't go so far as to say that you are completely misleading, or that you are yourself a troll. but you do seem to have some issues, especially with what you define as "appropriate mix ratios for proper pre-mix product." and you don't seem to be saying anything valid, but are instead willingly choosing to be a pedantic bore.
  9. stainlesscycle

Oddometer:
    hah! i just got off the phone with him (was discussing possible stroking of a motor...). i've been running one of his cylinders for a bit this year. he does some very nice work :) and is, in many people's, opinions a leading authority on what works in the real world. anyone can talk about it, but real world experience is 99% of the deal.
  10. Londoncalling

Londoncalling n00b

Oddometer:
    I have been following this thread for some while, and would be very interested to hear what advantages I might get from using an autolube oil (as recommended by the majority of posters) over the Silkolene Comp 2 pre-mix oil I am using currently?

Cant get Amsoil here in the UK, so I wonder is there anything else I should be looking at? I ride a modified RD400, and am using 30:1 mix at the moment.
  11. stainlesscycle

Oddometer:
    to the best of my knowledge, no one is specifically recommending an autolube only oil, most are just providing educated opinions on what works for them.. only twin-shocker is recommended you do not use an autolube oil, and that autolube oils are bad/inefficient for competition machines, and should be mixing leaner than 50:1.. that's the whole gist i get from it.

it appears silkolene comp 2 pre-mix is a semi synthetic blend - if it works for you at 30:1 (which sounds reasonable), run it. it appears that Silkolene Pro 2 SX is their full synthetic.
  12. craydds

craydds Long timer

Oddometer:
    stainless, if I need some work done on my YZ, I might like to get in touch with this gentleman. PM me, if you like, with any helpful info. Thanks.
  13. Scootern29

Scootern29 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about stainless. If it's the same person he lives about 20 mins from me and knows his stuff on two strokes.
  14. Valleyrider

Valleyrider I Survived The '60s

Oddometer:
    Scott C???
  15. slideways

slideways España

Oddometer:
    Here are the facts and nothing but the facts from the God of two strokes ,Gordon Jennings, the article was written in 1978 but still holds true today.

http://www.bridgestonemotorcycle.com/documents/oilpremix6.pdf

Read it and weep twintroll pretty much disproves everything you have to say about oil ratios. I have yet been able to find a two stroke oil that says for oil injection use only. Every top shelf oil that the manufactures of two strokes recommend are suitable for use in an oil injection system or premix.
  16. stainlesscycle

Oddometer:
    nah - you both are close, but this is a primarily yamaha guy.....tennessee..
  17. Scootern29

Scootern29 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was my guess
  18. mtothef

mtothef Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    that was who i was referring to. real good guy, very willing to talk my dumb ass through things, and i might add very reasonably priced for the caliber of work done. can't say a bad word...
  19. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tennessee? I thought you were talking about Lyn Garland and he's in GA I think.
  20. stainlesscycle

Oddometer:
    dang, figured y'all would get it - john ritter..