Favourite " Ride to Eat" destinations in Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada' started by McJamie, Dec 13, 2009.

1. woodgrain

woodgrain In-Dented Savant

Oddometer:
    That Tweed invite didn't happen to be at the home of the winner of the '86 Iron Butt did it? If so, we've been invited as well.Small world...

Woodgrain
  2. SteverinoB

SteverinoB EstebanarinoB

Oddometer:

Yes indeed, a small world that seems to get smaller as we age! Unfortunately we have a previous commitment as we would like to have attended...Another time perhaps...Enjoy and wish everyone present a Superior 2010 on and off the Moto.

Cheers...Steve
  3. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Antonio's at the Shell (?) gas station in South River (Highway 11, south of North Bay) has one of the best panzerotti I've never had.

Swiss Country Inn on Highway 124 in Magnetewan has very good, authentic Swiss/German food and is nearby some great riding.
  4. McJamie

McJamie STROMINATOR

Oddometer:
    There used to be a restaraunt on Hwy 7 at Silver lake. The Silver lake Restaraunt, oddly enough. They had unbeleivable home-made pies. Someone told me they are no longer in business. Anyone know if that's true?
  5. Cellar Rat

Cellar Rat Not Done, Yet!

Oddometer:
    The Silver Lake Restaurant is long gone, but just east Hwy 7 at the Maberly / Elphin Road is a new establishment which has won several awards for great food. It's well placed to access some twisty roads. They DID have great pies, but the last time we were there we were told the pie - maker had broken a hip or some like horror, and they **had no pie**. Despite that loss, it is a good ride - to - eat destination.:cry

Not far away, on the edge of McDonald Corners, is the Sylvania Restaurant. Always a good feed and happily very good pie. Again, well - located for twisties or dual - sport riding too. (Recommended: Bathurst Line, and Mitchell Road. But get someone else to test:huh how deep the water is at the creek crossing.)
  6. woodgrain

Oddometer:
    Don't forget Wheeler's Pancake house in McDonald's Corners.It has a very cool chainsaw museum.

Woodgrain
  7. woodgrain

Oddometer:
    Dr. D, you can have the Tamworth bakery for the princely sum of 159 large.

Woodgrain
  8. jeaggerfairy

jeaggerfairy lost in transit

Oddometer:
    Flapjacks on highway 10 north of Brampton, Get there early or be prepared to wait in the parking lot till your name is called. Awsome food, great selection, fantastic staff. Large portions will leave you stuffed. I'm making myself hungry just typing this. lol.
  9. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:

I haven't been there for breakfast since the late eighties. It was fantastic back then. Have you been recently?

Great username, btw. :rofl

The West Town on Locke St. is the finest breakfast joint in Hamilton. Good place to meet before the start of a ride. :nod

Saigon Asian in Westdale (Hamilton) is my favourite Vietnamese joint in the area. Excellent food (with no added MSG) great service and low prices. :thumb

Cedars on Main West (across the street form McMaster hospital) is my favourite Lebanese joint in the city. Beef shwarma and sheeshtawook that can't be beat. Friendly staff, good prices and great service. :thumb

For Thai in Hamilton you've got to try Thai Memory on King William. The bar-b-que duck red curry is out of this world. :raabia Mango salad's a favourite, too.

Oh man, I'm droolin' on my keyboard.

:dg
  10. jeaggerfairy

Oddometer:
    Duncans Cafe in Collingwood is a fantastic lunch destination. LARGE plate of food. Probably the best turkey club sandwich i've had in years. My riding compadre's had the shaved roast beef and it will be on my list for future visits. Quick service, verry reasonable pricing. Mouth watering desserts as well!
  11. jeaggerfairy

Oddometer:
    Mick and Angelo's in Niagara Falls is a great stop for a lunch or dinner. Large portions will leave you with a loosened belt. Verry tasty food, just about anything on the menu is worth trying. Service was quite fast even though they usually get verry busy. Once you're done eating take a ride down to Niagara On the Lake and get an ice cream!
  12. jeaggerfairy

Oddometer:
    Lornce, thanks for the kudo's on the username, as for flapjack's i try to go a few times per summer. The ice house or the trail in Campbelville is usually where you will find me on any given sunday morning.
  13. roadhamr

roadhamr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    great spot to eat in bancroft is a small place right across from the beer store called dans or daves i think i cant remember for sure but it is the best food in the town by far. fresh ingredients simple recipes and just plain good food.
    rhinos in bewdley on the south west side of rice lake is a real surprise for the quality of the food. plenty of local flavor as well to keep things interesting.
    there is a little vietnamese place in peterborough called saigon boys on lansdowne right across front the old pontiac dealer beside holiday ford. authentic vietnamese food and dim sum on sundays 12 to 8. best pho i have ever had!
    small place outside of grafton on 2 called the bullpen and they have surprisingly great food. again fresh ingredients and simple recipes. great stuff.
    great riding surrounds all of the places close by. so it isnt much of a detour from your routes to drop in and fill up!
  14. stevejonesmo

stevejonesmo Rookie old fart

Oddometer:
    Missouri. Ozarks ain't Rockies, but they'll do.
    Though Canada is kind of poorly represented on RideToEat.com, that is not by design, nor does it need to remain that way.

Don't be shy about visiting and adding any of these great places mentioned in the thread.
  15. JoWhee

JoWhee Deviant but not dangerous.

Oddometer:
    When I'm out around the Ottawa area (usualy in the gatineau hills) I try and stop by Derringers in in Vanier, they have great wings. It's not much of a ride thru the capital, but a great place to stop.
  16. mixedup

mixedup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes! proper espresso at manic...one of a number of good shops (or shots!) in toronto. not much of a ride for me, but enjoyable nonetheless....
    SteverinoB likes this.
  17. bumper1871

bumper1871 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is a nice little restaurant in Boileau Qc a very small village with no paved roads. All homemade cuisine and a nice day ride from Ottawa. A good place to ride on gravel roads, with lakes and rivers.
    [​IMG]
  18. kruzuki

kruzuki Gear in the Machine

Oddometer:
    Anyone been to Ted's Range Road Diner near Meaford? I've heard good things & it's 10 minutes from my cottage.

BBQ Brothers in Thornbury, pretty good. There's also a BBQ Kings in Thornbury, but I haven't tried it. 2 BBQ places in Thornbury? Probably not for long.

Problem is, once I'm at the cottage, I don't usually go out to eat. I take the long way up, & the long way home but like to stay put once I'm there.
  19. kruzuki

kruzuki Gear in the Machine

Oddometer:
    Anyone Tried Ted's Range Road diner near Meaford? I've heard good thigns.

It's 10 minutes from my cottage in Thornbury, but I tend not to go out to eat once I'm up there. I take the long way up and the long way home, but once I'm there, I tend to stay put.

BBQ Brothers in Thornbury is pretty good. There's also a BBQ Kings in Thornbury, never tried. 2 BBQ places in town? Probably not for long.

Mill Restaurant in Thornbury is excellent

I live in Toronto, so the list of good places near home is endless.
  20. Paul J Statham

Paul J Statham Sign Maker

Oddometer:
    Dean Michal's Giddle house is a great place to meet at the start of a ride for breakfast or lunch . The eggs Benedict is terrific.
    The are a kilometer south of the 401 on #59 in Woodstock.
    Paul