Feb 24-27 Dual Sport Desert Daze 2011

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Becktastic, Dec 13, 2010.

1. gdspdblkdemperor

gdspdblkdemperor Captain Bavaria

Oddometer:
    There's something wrong with you guys... :lol3

Spence set up his tent at least 500 feet from mine, per the requirements of the restraining order... :lol3

And if anyone rode Pomerene Rd and happened to find a lone FIAMM horn, that's one of mine that decided to abandon ship, presumably on one of many of the washboard sections. :bluduh If anyone found it and would be kind enough to return it, I'll buy you lunch.
  2. Fastphil38

Fastphil38 AZ Offroad

Oddometer:
    I wanted to thank Raven, Becky and all those who helped with the Desert Daze event, What a cool place to stage the event, I met some very cool people and I will be back next year. looking forward to the pictures and videos from the weekend. Ride On! Phil
  3. elgato gordo

elgato gordo KTMRFS

Oddometer:

What he said^^

Great event this year. Just got back home thru the snow storm. ran out of it by Demming but just started to flurry in ABQ when I got in. Really had a great time , thanx to all!!!
  4. ravenranger

ravenranger rave

Oddometer:
    A big Thank You!!!!!! to all the folks that came out to Dragoon and made this year's Dual Sport Desert Daze such a great event! :clap

Another big Thank You!!!!!! to all of this year's sponsors:
    Matrix Motorsports (US importer of Kriega bags)
    Happy Trails Products
    Giant Loop
    K. Lewis Enterprises
    Ironhorse BMW Motorcycles
    Musselman Honda
    On Any Moto
    Overland Expo 2011

Finally a really, really big Thank You!!!!! to all the folks at the Triangle T Guest Ranch who work so hard to make everyone feel welcome!

Meanwhile -
    If you have photos and video from this year that you'd be willing to share on the website, please forward them to me at: dualsportdesertdaze @ gmail . com
    :freaky
  5. surfflite

surfflite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Teaser pics

Had a great time . An awesome 990 day (top dirt speed 105, oops typo I meant 15:wink:) and an even better 450 day (thanks mntdawg for leading that Jackson Cabin ride). AND a very special thank you to RAVEN & BECKY, holy cow, what a great job!! Nice meeting everyone, can't wait til next year. Now I need to place faces with screen names. :huh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:
    Great fun this weekend. I think this pretty much rounds up Sunday...

[​IMG]
  7. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    I was at this event last year and it looked exactly like that on Sunday a year ago... everyone packed up and headed out. Crazy to see that two years running.
  8. George 99

George 99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One teaser pic, I'll get the rest up to my Picasa album tomorrow. This is Raven's NX-250 early this morning.
    IMG_2526.jpg
  9. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:
    Thanks to everybody that made this happen. It was an unqualified success.

Seeya at the next one.

[​IMG]
  10. john_h

john_h Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Folks,

Totally worth the drive from SF, had a ball with you all, and thanks to the many who provided sage advice and patience while I got a feel for how my F650 works off the tarmac.

Arizona rocks... What a great place to enjoy a bike - I'll be back, hope to see you all again down the road...

Onward!!

john
  11. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:

DOD are you showing us the size...of the stories you are going to tell when you get back to the Triangle T?
  12. alaskasail

alaskasail Arivaca Outback

Oddometer:
    As the last to leave (I think) on Sunday I can tell you that it didn't get *that* much better. Rick and I sent for the rescue truck and made it home by dark.

I had so much fun and learned so much that I spent half the day on line ordering new gear so I can ride more. Unless my GPS shows up somewhere I'll be getting one of those too!

Thanks to you all for taking me in, not laughing at me out loud and teaching me a great deal about riding motorcycles. The sport is *way* more enjoyable now.
    I have a few pictures posted here: https://picasaweb.google.com/alaskasail/DesertDaze2272011#

The invitation is open to ride around Arivaca and stay at my place when you like.

Andy

Attached Files:

13. George 99

George 99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's a link to my Picasa album. Thanks again to Raven and Becky for setting this up.

I only fell four times.
  14. G-Net

G-Net Newbie

Oddometer:
    This weekend was awesome, especially for it being the first time away from the flat open space of wash behind my house. Definitely want to do this again! Too bad for the snow, it would've been nice to ride more on Sunday.
  15. KTMitch640

KTMitch640 KTMitch640

Oddometer:
    Had a great time again this year. Met some new people and had some awesome rides... The BIG SE group was a blast. We displaced a lot of dirt on saturday..
    See ya'll next year :1drink

[​IMG]
  16. Drizzt

Drizzt Ranger

Oddometer:
  17. emerson.biguns

emerson.biguns All idiot, no savant

Oddometer:
    :cry

I had to work all weekend.

Next year I'm taking annual leave, at least for the first three days. It seems the last day always brings snow. :lol3

Excellent work Raven and Becky. :thumb

18. alaskasail

alaskasail Arivaca Outback

Oddometer:
    Is this the famous "Pumpkin Patch" gang?
  19. yzfcathy

yzfcathy Weeble

Oddometer:
    We celebrate our anniversary that weekend, but if y'all ever move it out of the "SONW ZONE" timeframe, we're in.

Amazing that two years in a row it snowed. Crazy.
  20. ravenranger

ravenranger rave

Oddometer:
    I've already spoken with the Triangle T and checked the Almanac (imagine that) and am looking at moving it to the 2nd weekend in March - tends to be between 5 and 10 degrees warmer and no snow (at least until next year..... :huh )

So, go ahead and mark your calendars for March 8-11 for next year. There's also a full-moon on March 8 and a number of guys this year said it might be cool to do a night ride! So, we aim to please and figured the full-moon would give some extra light to some of those high-powered headlights some of the guys are sporting.....

See everyone next year!
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap