Fenced off road?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Telstar_2112, Jul 27, 2009.

1. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by rbiked [​IMG]
    you just have to leave the gate as you found it... soo get out and close it after you get though it.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    What does that mean? We have plenty of public roads that traverse through pastured areas that have gates to keep the livestock in - I recommend you close the gate after you pass through if that is how you found it.
  2. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess I didn't quote enough of the post. I'm all for leaving gates as you found them.
    What I meant to say is there are no public roads around here that are gated for livestock. Nothing in the National Forests either. I'm not calling BS on you but where are these gated public roads? I'd like to go check them out.
    I have lived in Virginia all my life and have been a land Surveyor for 30+ years and have not seen one in this region.
  3. GoGoGavin41

GoGoGavin41 Waves to Moto Cops (and they wave back)

Oddometer:
    Only reasonable solution.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gFTVaOTviP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the clarification, I have come across them in the Seneca Rocks Area, WV (maybe not plenty)...

[Edit] checking my WV Gazatteer (DeLorme Map 38), I am thinking one road may have been CR 5-2, I believe we picked it up off N Rt 28 and brought it back around to Rt 33 - been a couple of years though.