Financial Suicide: A new life behind bars

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by stuntheavy, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hang in there, man. I know it sounds dumb/too simple, but when things get really gnarly, take a moment to just breathe and focus in the moment. I wish you all the best in getting through whatever it is you're facing on your journey right now.
  2. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer:
    Winston Churchill..."If you're going through hell, keep going."
  3. mattzilla

mattzilla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great RR and congrats on the new gig! A friend of mine went from working with me at a BMW dealer to Tesla, working in NYC, from what I hear he loves it!
  4. joxer

joxer n00b

Oddometer:
    What a journey, loved every minute ot it. Good luck to you both in the future.
  5. TheBlurr

TheBlurr Banned

Oddometer:
    Regardless if your life improves as it did with these two, you can look back on your adventure and hold on to the next, nothing changes until you make it change :)
    I am one of those people who sadly lacks the luck of these two, but I just keep going forward and enjoying the sparks in life, as should you.
    Peace
  6. Trane Francks

Oddometer:
    A wise man once wrote that nothing changes until you make it change. :deal
  7. TheBlurr

TheBlurr Banned

Oddometer:
    See above, I have changed my life dozens of times, taken off on last minute adventures none of which I regret. Nothing has ever fallen into my lap as with these two. So inbetween adventures I put my nose to the grind stone and wait until I can save up for the next one. For most people I suspect this is the reality, whch is all I am saying. It makes those adventures at least in my case all the more wonderful and all the more reason to take them.
    For if you alreaady had a wondeful job/life, could you really appreciate a grand escape?
  8. Trane Francks

Oddometer:
    If one has learned to appreciate that wonderful life, yes. The grand escape is just another flavour of wonderful for which to be grateful. While I am a graduate of the School of Hard Knocks, I don't believe that knocks are necessary to create appreciation. Just sayin'. :D
  9. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    One day in the not to distant future,I will walk out on the girl and kids,sell off my belongings,board up my house,and put the kick stand up.I already receive a monthly check,so I am set.
  10. KX50002

KX50002 NooB, my ass

Oddometer:
    walk out on your kids? Not cool. Imho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
  11. swifter78261

swifter78261 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice to see this ride report still has life. Looking back I still can't believe this adventure happened in a lot of ways. How titanically different life is now, in fantastic ways.

Thinking about doing another trip this coming summer - this time by air. I'm thinking about buying an ultralight airplane (I'm a pilot) and following the route of the old air mail pilots of the 1920's and the gigantic concrete arrows on the ground they used for directions across the country.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/18/5116408/transcontinental-air-mail-arrows-helped-deliver-mail
  12. Trl Rdr

Trl Rdr Big Red Bird

Oddometer:
    Cool, overhead shots!
    Let us know where to find the fly report.

Looks like there may be some markers within 30 miles of me. One is on top of a concrete grain elevator :eek

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
  13. ShiftHead

ShiftHead the f is silent.

Oddometer:
    Indeed.

Fantastic story, a true reality show. Start to finish, I've read the whole thing.

I am now dealing with the melancholy you mentioned Austin...wishing it wasn't over. This cubicle farm I'm in, it's just, so....beige. Yesterday was my birthday. Another poke from the universe? "Use it, or lose it"? No, that's not quite right. "Use it, or not, but lose it."

I'm gonna use it. Thanks for stoking the fire fellas!
  14. treefort13

treefort13 Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer:
    Fantastic read. Congratulations to you both.