Fingers Crossed. Yamaha T7

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Gorp, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Alacrity

Alacrity Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer:
    Dont think theres any 'right' there - just some observations and preference. In any case didnt mean to besmirch the Dakar or Sertao. ETA - Decent bike with some commonly seen failures but no overriding flaws. Helps that you can go in eyes open, which I hope is what we mostly do here. (Dropped that the first posting somehow)

Most important thing is, it meets your parameters, you dig it and it works.
    WERA456 likes this.
  2. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alacrity likes this.
  3. Alacrity

Oddometer:
    Hafta find a cheap donor to make sense
    Prototype4342 likes this.
  4. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?

You're wrong.

Yamaha just had to sign off on production then someone over there decided to take one last look at ADVrider to make sure they were on the correct path.

They came across this clusterfuck of a thread and they killed production while we're figuring out if we want a long distance dual sport or an adventure bike. They're playing card games in the canteen right now while they wait for us to decide.

ps. I don't particularly care about this bike, although it'll be good for the segment. I already have the one I want (AT DCT) so their failure to produce after showing their model at EICMA doesn't have my panties in a bunch.
  5. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    A few thousand difference over here in Oz, and pick up near new lam bikes for thousands less. Can put a very good CB500X with RR kit on for around 10G, where a new 690 stock standard is another 4.5G+ to buy. A 690/701 is quite a different type of bike to a CBX though.
  6. WERA456

WERA456 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North Ga. (The site of the first major gold rush)
    I forgot about the husky terra. Heard awesome stuff about them. I have considered trying to buy one but concerned I wont be able to get parts any more.
  7. Old Git Ray

Old Git Ray Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer:
    UK based, Bored because I am not travelling
    Wow, ya could've fooled me........:hmmmmm
    Maggot12 and flinders_72 like this.
  8. flinders_72

flinders_72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    He's not interested in the bike but spends his time in here and the other thread posting (dissing) about it... Why would someone bother doing that.
  9. Alacrity

Oddometer:
    Legit AF. :fpalm
  10. Alacrity

Oddometer:
    After seeing a buddy’s experience with rocker and some fuel pump issues, I’d hope it’s a different type.
    Least the FP has remained sorted. 690s a compelling package, but ya gotta realize where the short points are.

In the US, all retail, new, a CBX-RR would roll around $9500 - dependent on whether you get hit with duty now. Then your labor.

Secondhand, you see them from $3k-$6k -little correspondence to mileage or condition. I’ve seen some very sparsely ridden examples as cheap as any. Helps if you have some Honda employees around the Midwest. They have a habit of buying stuff with a discount then determining the fits poor. The divestment is less painful at a lower price since the initial cost was discounted. They tend to go fast though. But you see lots of Honda stuff cheaper for that reason. They’re very competent ADVs and when people ride one, often the surprised smile comes on.

But I agree, very different bikes. I imagine, like happens, the bike will be most appreciated once they’re unavailable.
    Cruz likes this.
  11. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I think what really sent Yamaha over the edge and made them cancel production plans was the fact this forum has two separate threads speculating on the same motorcycle that mods refuse to merge.
  12. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    Its a common theme on ADVRider

Blakduk and flinders_72 like this.
  13. The_Precious_Juice

The_Precious_Juice 2019 DL650XT Touring

Oddometer:
    So, does anyone know of the dates and locations for the world tour that was talked about in November?

Thanks.

FWIW,
    I sold a bunch of Tenere' 700 stocks and bought some Versys X 400 with them.
  14. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    No different to any other web site about anything.
  15. DavidM1

DavidM1 Unicorn hunting

Oddometer:
    Me too, less every day.

The launch of this bike is a bit like a slow train wreck - we all know it will be a pig, it's a question of how much of one.
    kvango likes this.
  16. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    No one knows, but I understand you're just catching up.

So far it's just a circular BS fest going, so add your useless important info to the mix of all the rest.
    The_Precious_Juice likes this.
  17. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?

I'll clarify; i'm not interested in BUYING this bike, since I already have the one I want, but I am interested in how it will move the segment along. Happy?
    Old Git Ray likes this.
  18. flinders_72

flinders_72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well you'll have to wait until late in the year or next year some time to find out, which has been the story since they last gave us some details in November. In the meantime, enjoy the ride.
  19. Blakduk

Blakduk Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    This excellent piece needs re-posting:
    Alacrity likes this.
  20. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    The problem with that post is its got to many facts in in it for this thread, this thread needs to be left for the people who dont even have any specs, never seen or ridden the bike to be able to tell you how bad its going bad.
    Blakduk, Alacrity and MCGMB like this.