Fingers Crossed. Yamaha T7

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Gorp, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    For what you are saying you really need to look at a 701 with bigger tank etc, there is just no way the Yamaha is going to compete with it for how you describe your riding. Other possibility is the AJP P7.
    Montana Maniac likes this.
  2. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    AJP is looking good.
  3. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    No desert In upper michigan.I can see the AT would have a advantage in open terrain.Not so much over here.It's not a bad bike but I just purchased the wrong weapon.Also very expensive to repair. received_284988725241557.jpeg
    fastcompany and Montana Maniac like this.
  4. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    I have a CB 500F & the first time I let out the clutch I wanted it's motor in a dual sport. I may end up with a CB/Rally-Raid some day but, I'd MUCH rather see Honda give us a factory version of the CB 500L Kozera build. That bike started out at 362lbs. wet & he later worked on it a bit & got it down in the 340's. Honda could probably build it somewhere between 375 & 400lbs. which I would consider a home run.

I haven't been riding as much off road though & if "Someone" doesn't build the bike I want soon, I may not want it in another 10 years as I'm not getting any younger. I'll wait & see what the T-7 turns out to be before I put any serious thought in a CBX-RR.
    madrider5150 likes this.
  5. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jump on in. The waters warm! :)

The T7 remains on my radar. The AT was on my radar until I test rode one and bought an 1190R instead after back to back test rides. 1190R which was a fantastic bike but it was still tall and heavy for technical terrain unless you have Chris Brich like skills. I owned a well sorted 800xc at the same time which while not as fun as the 1190 it was damn close to it off pavement.

Sold the 1190R. Picked up a 690 enduro. Much easier to handle and pick up off pavement. Not nearly as nice on pavement though and still far from being a dirt bike. Great solo travel all arounder though.

My plated 250 xcf makes the other bikes in the shed feel hopelessly out of place off road. It's like cheating. :)

To get back on track - the T7 may be a replacement for my 800xc when the time comes. If it feels good enough on road and off...
    Fat Toney and Junglejeff1 like this.
  6. JJMTCHNV

JJMTCHNV Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. Harvey Krumpet

Harvey Krumpet Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like he's flying a kite from his pocket.
  8. Iowa_ADV

Iowa_ADV I like pie Supporter

Oddometer:
    As a long ago rider of light enduro bikes and a current owner of an AT, I will never be able to understand the yearning some have to thrash a 550lb beast off road. To me, it's like pounding nails with a Crescent wrench. If you can only own one bike, then you have to make compromises. But for guys like you (and me) I will have my AT for loaded ADV touring on terrain no more challenging than double track. For anything more technical than that, I would prefer to trailer a 250, 350 or 450 to the trails and have fun.....without the massive hernia from picking up my ADV bike over and over again.
    Migolito, Clem Fandango, DKCJ and 7 others like this.
  9. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Nude With Boots

Oddometer:
  10. XT Traveler

XT Traveler Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    That black and hi-viz looks sick.
  12. JJMTCHNV

JJMTCHNV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Clem Kevin, I found it on google image search. I think it’s from a Facebook page but can’t find the original source. It’s definitely shopped. (There where several colors from the same source photo)
    I love the grey with high viz. MT-10 is awesome!
  13. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer: