Finnish riding

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by MyTime, Sep 17, 2015.

1. bajaburro

bajaburro Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer:
    no translation needed,a good looking blond is a good looking blond.
    MyTime likes this.
  2. slipknot

slipknot Long timer

Oddometer:
    I never understood why anyone would want to live in such a cold place until I found MyTime here at ADV.
    MyTime likes this.
  3. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, we are avoiding to ride on dirt but on sand roads, yes. Maybe we one day could visit US and Canada to ride there, too. Actually my brother lives in L.A. so if we ever get money, we could one day come over and rent a bike or two. It probably should be January or something like that, otherwise it would be too hot for my heart...

Slipknot - I don't like cold, but Viivi loves Summer and Winter - as you can see in the pic she is nude bathing in the snow! :hmmmmm (one of the hidden pics)
  4. dandyrider

dandyrider You Ride? I Ride

Oddometer:
    Don't worry about renting a bike for you and your husband or boyfriend if you make it out to LA, I am part of an adventure riding club we have plenty of bikes around here for someone to use for a couple of days. One summer at the beach and you will change your mind about the heat and Southern CA. Good luck with all the rides you do, place reminds me of Alaska. I am sure you have place there to rent bikes, If I make it out that way you and your friends could point me in the right direction of where to ride.
  5. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Meanwhile in Finland... season finally started, 200 kms/125 miles. Temperature +3 C/37 F. Riding - the best medicine for heartproblems!

But she was riding in February with her Monkey, then it was colder... especially when dressed like she was.
    http://www.vanhamoto.net/2016/02/kevaan-odotusta.html

[​IMG]
  6. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    black top bob likes this.
  7. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bors, popscycle and black top bob like this.
  8. black top bob

black top bob gray goat Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am amazed at the number of American vehicles. Wonderful pictures on the links. Thanks for taking the time to share.
    MyTime likes this.
  9. bovine

bovine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love fastback 1965-66 Mustangs.
    John2453 and black top bob like this.
  10. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Riding again in East Finland, lots of lakes and forests.
    And visiting a Finnish motorcycle gear factory - really high quality for a very reasonable price and with three years of guarantee. I had ordered a new jacket and it was custom made for me as I wanted a bright yellow one... and Viivi got new leather riding pants.

Story and pics, hidden pics are this time just a tiny dots, not little x's, as those pics are... well, kind of revealing. All significant pis are visible, of course. http://www.vanhamoto.net/2016/07/suomalaisiakin-pratkakamoja-saa-hanxilta.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. black top bob

Oddometer:
    What a wonderful travel report. She is beautiful and your picture taking is superb. My DNA runs through Finland and Sweden. You folks have a beautiful world. Thank you for taking the time to share it with the rest of us inmates.
    MyTime likes this.
  12. MBlue

MBlue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The picture of the road going through the forest on the first page is jaw-dropping.
    MyTime likes this.
  13. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What if I tell you that probably most roads in this country are going through forests... about 65 % of this country is forests, 10 % lakes - actually 187,888 lakes.
  14. MBlue

MBlue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MyTime, very nice. Well, here in Canada we also have huge areas of forests and zillion lakes. It just looks different
    and our roads are straight (perhaps except for British Columbia). Roads going through forests are lined with very dense vegetation, so you basically can see only a wall of bushes. You cannot see into the forests. Like in the attached picture.
    You can travel for hours and hours and that's what you see. through_widlerness.jpg
    black top bob and MyTime like this.
  15. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see the difference. In the north our bigger roads are rather straight, too, but there are not so much forest anymore. Small roads are curvy there, too. Our most boring area is the West coast - straight, flat roads and too much fields. But mostly we have always the smaller, curvy roads as an option to highways.
    black top bob likes this.
  16. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's October again and we have made pretty much all trips for this year - plenty of picture reports coming later. But here is the latest one, showing colors of Autumn here. It was a weekend trip of thousand kilometers and visiting a small town Kuopio. And before anyone asking, yes, the weather was rather cold and the blouse was too thin. Here are pics (and story but as usual in Finnish and there is that translator on the upper right corner but it's very poor): http://www.vanhamoto.net/2016/10/kuopio-on-lokakuussakin-ajamisen.html
    (and for some open minded members, the tiny dots at the and of that story are hidden pics again - others: please don't click them, you don't like those pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. black top bob

Oddometer:
    Beautiful curves and gorgeous scenery.
    MyTime likes this.
  18. thebeancounter

thebeancounter Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What a beautiful place to ride!
    MyTime likes this.
  19. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another trip in last May. Using only small roads to City called Pori, next morning to a very small and old city called Kristiinankaupunki (City of Kristiina, a Queen of Sweden 1626-1689) and then to "Wolf-cave" - they say even neanderthals lived there thousands of years ago. I don't know about that. Pics and story: http://www.vanhamoto.net/2016/10/tuhannen-kurvin-kautta.html (no hidden pics this time)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    black top bob and popscycle like this.
  20. Nice Goat

Nice Goat higher is better

Oddometer:
    Really enjoy your photographs! Very nice!
    black top bob and MyTime like this.