Finnish riding

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by MyTime, Sep 17, 2015.

1. black top bob

black top bob gray goat

Oddometer:
    I do have one question: I notice that your highways are so well maintained. Do you guys have pot holes over there?
  2. MyTime

MyTime Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well these few latest ones are from Norway and those roads were fine - but there are terrible roads, too. And it's the same in Finland - main roads are quite fine but smaller roads are too often poor.
  3. MyTime

MyTime Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And the sixth part of that trip is ready. We found a great motorcycle museum: Arctic Circle Classic Motorcycle Museum. Riding in the arctic is always something.
    All pics and story here: https://www.vanhamoto.net/2018/10/norja-osa-6-e6-ja-arktinen.html (and hidden pics for very open minded people only)

Here are some samples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Greetings from Washington State! Thanks for the great ride reports !! Pretty damn cool seeing that part of the world. I grew up in Germany and travelled alot of Europe with my parents back in the day but have never been up there. Nice to see you and your Sweetheart keeping things real for the “open minded” people. Looks like you have a great time! I hope your health stays good and I wish you the best with that. Cheers!!!
    MyTime likes this.
  5. MyTime

MyTime Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for thanks! Yes, my wife Viivi likes being natural in many ways. And actually I'm a lot happier now - it wasn't cancer! These months aftr vacation were full of stress as the waiting for answers was quite long. It's something very unusual but not so bad. So there WILL be a new ridingseason next Spring. Heartproblem of course is permanent but I think there will be a lot more time than doctors say. Several Springs are coming for me!
  6. crash111

crash111 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Such good news! So glad for you and your wife that it isn't cancer. Thank you so much for all your postings, you have so many nice pics and the scenery is beautiful.
    Quite similar to western Canada too......I love all the food shots you have in your reports, looks amazing.
    Cheers.
    MyTime likes this.
  7. bovine

bovine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on being cancer free, I know how that can occupy your mind. Great ride reports, I can’t get there to ride and see it all but you and Viv make it possible. Thanks from Kentucky.
    MyTime likes this.
  8. Gaston Gagne

Gaston Gagne Past Easy

Oddometer:
    Heal quickly! Nice photos.
    MyTime likes this.
  9. MyTime

MyTime Adventurer

Oddometer:
    MadRider777 and Bors like this.
  10. MyTime

MyTime Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm "late" with these posts. Part 8 is actually in Finland, we had get back to make a short visit to hospital because of my injuries. But it was kind of a shortcut from Norway back to Norway.
    Here is the story and all pics: https://www.vanhamoto.net/2018/10/norja-osa-8-halki-lapin-saamelaisten.html

Here are some pics in Finland on our way back to Norway:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Weather news said there will be a thunder storm ahead, so everyone else were riding back, we were riding to...

[​IMG]
    Bear meat is very expensive. Elk is relatively cheap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On the other end of this bridge is Norway

[​IMG]
    Viivi planning the next route
    Mediocre Man and Bors like this.
  11. MyTime

MyTime Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And now (finally) presentation of the part 9: Arctic See - the Finnish See?
    The whole story and all pics here https://www.vanhamoto.net/2018/11/norja-osa-9-jaamereen-suomalaisten.html (incl. the hidden pics/dots only for open minded people)
    In Norway, but these areas have strong Finnish roots and many places have their names in Finnish, too. Viivi was swimming in the Arctic See (temp. 7-8 C / 44-46 F). The whole are is just rocks and grass, but it's very impressive. We love that area!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tunder coming - but actually it didin't hit