Finnish riding

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by MyTime, Sep 17, 2015.

1. engineman

engineman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    :( I hope it's not too serious. Take good care of yourself
    MyTime likes this.
  2. bovine

bovine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Certainly glad to hear you are cancer free, take care of the rest and keep riding.
    Gary
    MyTime likes this.
  3. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And now back to the North, this time Sweden. The biggest free rapid is in Sweden and while riding to that white water we visited also a couple of places in Finland - eg. Jewels ja crowns in Kemi and volcano center in Alahärmä. Is this story you can see the crown of King of Finland. You may wonder - crown of the King of Finland? Finland is a republic? Yes it is but at the time of independence 1917 there was a King chosen - but after two months the mind had changed and deciosion was a republic with a president. So the chosen King newer had even the time to come to Finland... And the volcanos? There are no volcanos in Finland. No, we don't have them but some people decided to make a volcano center.
    You know, Finns are a bit crazy.
    Here are all the pics and the story: https://www.vanhamoto.net/2019/01/euroopan-suurin-koski-suomen-kuningas.html

Sample pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Crown on the King of Finland

[​IMG]
    A round church in Vimpeli, Finland

[​IMG]
    The Volcano Center

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Viivi and a friend. You may know that Viivi is small but...
    MadRider777 and Mediocre Man like this.
  4. V1ROT8

V1ROT8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Moi!
    Cool photos. It's been more than 12 years since I've been to Finland. I miss it. I've been there many times from the time I was 18 until I was about 26. I mostly hung around Turku, but I've been to Helsinki, Tampere, Jyvaskyla and a few other cities in between. I've never ridden my bike there. It's something I need to do one day, perhaps part of a big European tour. Fun fact: I learned to drive a standard (stick shifter) car in Finland.
    MyTime likes this.
  5. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When back, be sure to ride East and North - West coast is so flat :)
    V1ROT8 likes this.
  6. crash111

crash111 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for the continued pics and stories MyTime. You and Vivii put a lot of effort into your website, very much appreciated, keep it up!
    Very cold and snowy in Canada too, no bikes for a while...........hope your health for 2019 is good and getting better. All the best, cheers.
    MyTime likes this.
  7. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We visited a bike exhibition in Stockholm, Sweden. Not necessary an adventure bike but the new Suzuki Katana seemed to be the most interesting new bike.
    The whole story and all pics here https://www.vanhamoto.net/2019/01/uusi-suzuki-katana-ja-muuta-uutta-ja.html

The new and the old Katana:

[​IMG]

Some examples:
    [​IMG]
    Moto Guzzi

[​IMG]
    BMW NineT

[​IMG]
    BMW GS

[​IMG]
    Indian

[​IMG]
    Africa Twin

[​IMG]
    Electric bike Regent

[​IMG]
    Kawasaki's retrobike looks good

[​IMG]
    The legend, Honda 6-cylinder CBX

And a bonus pic: if there is a sign, one should do what the sign tells us to do!
    [​IMG]
    Mediocre Man likes this.