Finnish riding

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by MyTime, Sep 17, 2015.

1. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some Finnish riding in the archipelago. We found the best pizza ever anywhere - a deer-pizza! Local deers and pizza made with and Italian pizza owen (450 C / 850 F degrees!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A few old Finnish Tunturi "mopeds"

[​IMG]
    A shop for local food in front...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Viivi made a Midsummer greeting for our readers - Midsummer is one of the biggest celebrations for Finns. In the countryside swimming nude is normal, so if you find that disturbing, don't click this link (although some of the pics are hidden): https://www.vanhamoto.net/2021/06/hyvaa-ukon-juhlaa-eli-juhannusta.html
  2. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. black top bob

black top bob gray goat Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have followed your trips for a while and love your photos, both on here and on your website. You and your partner are class acts. So many of these cars are the iron that we became young adults dreaming and driving, and 60 years later they still haunt our dreams. Thanks for taking the time to share. Peace.
    RedDogAlberta likes this.
  4. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    I too am a huge fan of you both and love your style. ❤️ Thank you.
    MyTime and black top bob like this.
  5. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A riding story from last Spring - visiting Koli, which is one of the "National landscapes" of Finland, and is one of the oldest rocks on Earth.
    Also visiting Kuopio, a nice city with a long history of Ski-jumping. There was still snow in May even though it was warm weather. Viivi did a virtual ski-jump wearing a Summer dress, jumped more that 100 meters... :clap
    The whole story with all pics here: https://www.vanhamoto.net/2021/09/lunta-ja-lampoa-korkealla-kolilla-ja.html

Samples here:

[​IMG]
    First riding up...

[​IMG]
    ...then with an elevator higher...

[​IMG]
    ...then some walking...

[​IMG]
    ...and then some more walking (for me that is a bit hard with my heart problems)...

[​IMG]
    ...and finally we were there once again: National Landscape (or whatever is the correct word - a National view?)

[​IMG]
    Riding to Kuopio

[​IMG]
    Kuopio from the Puijo hill/rock

[​IMG]
    There is a good restaurant on top of that Puijo-tower

[​IMG]
    Viivi ski-jumping! On the background you can see the view that she saw. Then just down with skis and jump!

[​IMG]
    In the Puijo -tower, Kuopio on the background

[​IMG]
    Driver of the black Mercedes treated Viivi like she was a queen or something

[​IMG]
    Snow, Summer dress and heels
  6. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are several old fortresses in Finland because Finland is between Sweden and Russia and they fought hundreds of years over Finland. Finally Finns decided not to be Swedish nor Russians but Finns.
    Russian empress Catherine the Great didn't like much of her husband the Czar so she got him killed (Czar died because of painful hemorrhoids... she said). Catherine had instead of husband lovers, a lots of lovers - 12 very well known, 80 somehow known and no one knows how many unknown. The lovers had to be very very much of a man. Beside lovers, she conquered parts in Europe, Krim and Alaska. She also made several fortresses that are in Finland - and they still exist.

Tjhis was a trip to one of them. Whole story and pics: https://www.vanhamoto.net/2021/10/karnakoski-lansirajalla-kaukana.html

Samples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some food and wine

[​IMG]
    Relaxing after a long day!
  7. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's fall, getting wetter and colder, and riding days are more rare - till they end for the Winter...
    But still some!
    We visited city called Imatra and participated a small happening at a farm. There was new Jawa's, we didn't even know there still are new Jawa's available!
    The whole story here: https://www.vanhamoto.net/2021/10/kuninkaallinen-jonkun-toisen-ajan.html

And sample here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Even this is a brand new bike!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some evening action...

[​IMG]
    live2ridetahoe and klaviator like this.
  8. bikerjim2000

bikerjim2000 Tree Top

Oddometer:
    Very nice! I would love to ride there!
    I worked for MartinAir in the 90’s.
    On a train from Cologne to Amsterdam I met a beautiful sweet Finnish girl. We had one great week including some scooter rental/travel time in and all around Amsterdam. If you ever run into Irina Siren please give her my Love!
    MyTime likes this.
  9. Essbee

Essbee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    MyTime likes this.
  10. LasseA

LasseA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    MyTime likes this.
  11. MyTime

MyTime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Back to previous November - this was the last ride of 2020. First target was a replica of an old air surveillance tower, they were used during the WW II.
    Next place was (believe or not!) a shopping centre! But it looks like it's old - a nice place to stop. Final destination was city of Imatra, there was art of light -nights. Mr My Time can't celebrate much but Viivi had fun!
    But the next morning was cold, roads were icy and riding was challenging.
    Whole story including much more information and some more pics here: https://www.vanhamoto.net/2021/10/kaksi-paivapikaista-ja-yksi-iltahidas.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Perhaps not the best costume when there was about 0 C / 32 F degrees...
    RedDogAlberta and LasseA like this.
  12. Essbee

Essbee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks again for sharing!