First aid kits, IFAKs, adventure medical kits.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by focallength, Sep 1, 2020.

1. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    Hello all, Im starting to sell medical kits again.

Options are mild to wild and everything in between.

IFAKs
    Combat life saver kits
    S.T.O.M.P bags
    (All of the above exceed DOD specifications)

Active shooter response kits (customized to the size of your business)

Adventure kits

And custom orders.

Still working on a web site.

But a 1 person Adventure kit, would include everything to treat and stabilize life threatening wounds and injuries.

An example of a 1 person bike sized kit would be:
    SWATT
    CATT
    Chest seals
    Hemostatic gauze
    Wound packing gauze
    Saline flushes
    Triangle bandages
    Eye shields
    Thermal blanket
    Shears
    SAM splint
    Wound closure STERI strips
    NPA
    ABD and trauma dressings

Most of this will fit in a 8x8 water proof bag.

Additional items such as needle decompression catheters, IV sets, airways, etc... can be added to any kit for those authorized in their use.

Send an email to marchmedicalems@gmail.com

Lead times are extended due to demand and availability of supplies.

I will also be teaching STOP the bleed courses and hybrid TECCC courses focusing on civilians (you should have the same level of training available to you as the military or law enfrocement does).

In the future we will offer youtube videos on the use of items in our kits, for those who can not attend a class.

I apologize I dont have photos or a site yet, but if you are interested shoot me an email. I can send pics of what I have and we can discuss what you need.

All the kits are customizable, if you want a kit for your jeep, for 2 ppl, 4 ppl or 100. Do you need something for a race team? Round the world trip, extended trips to Alaska? I can consult with you free of charge.

These are real medical kits, not over priced junk that has a tourniquet, some gauze, aspirin and a bandaid. These kits can and have saved lives.

They are not cheap, but they are not over priced. My kits typically run 100 dollars less that other "medical kits" and include what you need and none of what you dont.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew MICP, NREMTP

Marchmedicalems@gmail.com

Transactions are only through paypal at the moment.

I am not on this site very often, your best bet to reach me is via company email. If you send a PM I will most likely not see it for some time.
    makar likes this.
  2. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    An excerpt from an article by MD Pons. With some notes added by myself.

8 pitfalls to avoid in hemorrhage control

Peter T. Pons, MD, FACEP

1. Not using a TK or waiting too long to apply the TK.
    Survival is 9 times higher if a tourniquet is applied before shock sets in as opposed to after

1. Not making a tourniquet tight enough to obliterate distal pulses. Making the TK tight enough ensures bleeding has stopped. Arterial blood flow needs to be obstructed. If the TK is not tight enough bleeding will continue, venous blood flow (instead of aterial blood flow) may be obstructed leading to compartment syndrome. A TK should be applied directly above the wound, but never on a joint. If in doubt place the TK as high on the limb as possible. You can place a second TK directly above the first. Or below it if the TK had been applied near the groin or armpit.

1. Not using a second TK when the 1st does not obliterate distal pulses. Tourniquets are often not applied tightly enough, especially on lower extremities. The thighs are muscular or can contain excess fat. A second TK should be applied directly above the first if distal pulses are still felt, after the TK has been tightened as much as possible.

1. Loosening the TK periodically. This leads to bleeding resuming.

1. Using an improvised TK when a commercial one is available. If you need to use a improvised TK make sure if possible it is at least 1.5 inches wide and of a material that is capable of being tightened. Use any sturdy material as a windlass to tighten the makeshift TK, then secure the windlass so it dosent come loose

1. Packing a wound and doing nothing else, assuming you are done. Apply pressure, use a pressure bandage.
    • Visualize bleeding source if possible, place gauze directly on the bleeding source.

• Pack as much gauze in the wound directly on the source as possible.

• Apply direct pressure (instruct casualty to apply pressure), minimim 5 min for hemostatic gauze, 10 for normal gauze. Or longer, but if bleeding is still profuse shortly after gauze and pressure. Apply a tourniquet and if needed continue to maintain pressure.
    • If bleeding is stopped ( or signifcantly slowed )with gauze and direct pressure, apply a pressure bandage (ACE, SWATT) to continue to maintain pressure until bleeding has stopped. Do not remove any bandages, the bandage will have helped to form a clot. Removing a bandage/wound pack can, and most likely will cause the clot to be removed as well, and bleeding to resume.
    g. Allowing the patients pain or discomfort to interfere with treatment.
    Stopping a bleed is neither gentle or comfortable. Their is also no anesthesia.

f. Doing nothing. Trauma and bleeding can be scary. For the untrained their can be a moment of panic which can lead to inaction. Take a second, breathe assess the situation and act.

Use your OODA loop. Observe, Orient, Decide, Act.

Know where your gear is, how to get to it, how and when to use it. It seems like alot, but its pretty straight forward.

-Direct pressure (pt can do this while you gather supplies)

-Use Gauze/hemostatic gauze, wound packing material.

-Apply pressure (again, pt can do this as well)

-Pressure bandage

-Tourniquet (use more than 1 if necessary) make sure distal pulse is obliterated.

-Reassess, if a TK has been applied and you feel a distal pulse later, check the TK, tighten as needed.

Sometimes a bleed needs all your resources. Patients have needed pressure bandages and multiple tourniquets to stop an extremity bleed.

If in doubt, put a tourniquet on sooner rather than later. It (in general) will not cause any harm (if applied correctly) in the short term. You can also go back and apply a pressure bandage after the TK has been applied.

Ask the pt to help, remember always be an active participant in your own rescue.
  3. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    An example of a 1 to 2 person adventure kit.

Most of the items would fit in a 6x6 MOLLE style bag.

Tourniquets
    SWATT
    Bandages
    Wound packing
    Nasal airway
    Chest seals
    Shears
    Burn dressings
    Gauze
    Nasal tampons
    Coban
    SAM splints

A kit of this style would run around $300 without shipping or a bag. Specialty pouches, bags and hard cases are available.

The items ship in 4 mil 6x6 or 8x8 waterproof bags and are packaged for quick identification and removal from a medical bag, back pack, thigh pocket or any other place you wish to store them.

20200908_120214.jpg
  4. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    All of the above save the SAM splint, coban and 2 TK in a 6x6 pouch about 3 inches wide.

These kits are made with quality parts, made in America. They dont include a bunch of useless junk.

People are preyed upon when it comes to medical kits. You get an overpriced kit, stuffed with bandaids, aspirin, some 2x2s and an alcohol wipe for hundreds of dollars. Maybe you get a hemostatic sponge and a sub par chinesium tourniquet that will fall apart. Then they charge $300, or more.

I want you to be confident that you are purchasing high quality medical supplies, hand assembled to your needs. I want you to know that your kit can save a life.

In addition I want you to be able to know how and when to use the supplies.

20200908_120334.jpg
  5. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    On the anniversary of 9/11, I encourage you to honor the victims and emergency responders by doing a good deed. As an act of service to yourself and those around you, learn how to #STOPTHEBLEED. You could save a life. Learn more: https://www.stopthebleed.org/ #911Day

2020_NationalDayOfService_Twitter.jpg