First Coast Adventure Riders Cary State Forest Video

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by trooper5707, Dec 26, 2018.

1. trooper5707

trooper5707 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a pretty bad dump on the Trans Florida Rally in October - plate in my ankle and two ribs broken. Bike was fine though! Got back out there with the First Coast adventure riders group Saturday, Dec 22. The group was mostly Suzuki DR650 and KLR650's, I was the only small bike. We had major rain here the end of last week, so it was a work out with a lot of wet, but me and the bike did fine. Here is a video I shot on my Gopro from behind the windscreen. Will look for better options in the future. Jump to about 22 mins for the most serious water, it was up to the thigh, over the tops of my boots. Had to be pretty close to top of the air box. I have always said - the best way to learn to ride better is to ride with people better than you. The First Coast Group is an awesome crew, they ride fast, but stop at turns for slow guys like me to catch up. We had a fun day, and ended with pizza in Baldwin.

I also plotted the route using Relive:
    https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10002787147

The group is mostly on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/153004278661558
  2. bigblueboy

bigblueboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Trooper
    Just saw your video. Nice job keepin up with those guys. And yes, that is some deep water. Great to see ya up and riding. Trans Florida next month. Hope to see ya there.
    Be safe,
    Rich
    ZachM1 likes this.
  3. trooper5707

trooper5707 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks buddy! Just got a great deal on a used DR650 that I am getting together as well. Looks like my mom is planning a FL trip that weekend, so prob would be a bad idea to leave her at the house and go riding!
  4. bigblueboy

bigblueboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That’s a great bike. That’s perfect for what these rides are all about. Be safe. For for ya at the next ride.
    Be safe
    Rich