First Hole in one..

Discussion in 'Sports' started by gratefulJED, Jun 25, 2019.

1. gratefulJED

gratefulJED long strange tripper Supporter

Oddometer:
    for my oldest today. I'm so happy for him..his little brother who was 4th in state has had a couple but its been a few years. my oldest, who was first in state, has been battling this demon for awhile, until today...130 yard, gap wedge, 12 feet past then that sucker spun straight back into the hole. It was awesome to watch....i have not been able to make one myself prolly cause I don't play much golf...carry on
  2. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap
  3. bassogap

bassogap Kids in sports makes me an athletic... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've never come closer than 3ft or so. My late wife absolutely nailed the tee shot on a 200yd par 3 (this was mid-1990s), and it flew dead straight at the flag. I was freaking out, watching it go...ball landed about 180yds from the tee, bounced onto the green, and rolled up to 6in from the hole. That was when she realized how good the shot was. Yes, she made the putt for birdie. I don't think she'd ever hit better than bogie on that hole, previously.

Her father hit his 3rd and final hole-in-one during a round I was playing with him. Pretty exciting to watch.
    gratefulJED likes this.
  4. BarrieCTaylor

BarrieCTaylor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Similar but not close. Was having a pretty good round when on a par 4 my drive went into the woods. I punched it out to about 180 yards.
    The next shot hit the green and dropped into the hole.
    On both sides of the green there is a Tee Box. You think anyone was around to see the spectacular shot?

When a tree falls in the forest ...
    gratefulJED and bassogap like this.
  5. CA_Strom

CA_Strom Cunning Linguist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very cool and Congratulations to your son! My company sponsors a big PGA event that was held last week in CT (Travelers Championship). On the Wednesday Celebrity Pro-Am, they picked a few employees to play with a PGA Pro. One of our avid female golfers was selected and wound up getting her first ace while playing with the pro! Then I just read today on a news feed about an 80 yr. old duffer who got his first and second ace in the same round recently! I guess when you're lucky; you're lucky!
  6. gratefulJED

gratefulJED long strange tripper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks fellers, so the kid is playing amateur to hone his chops. After high he said he was going to forgo college and just move to San Diego and gamble playing golf. I told that had never been done before lol and that he was going to college. Mebbe I fucked up! I’ve always called him the hardest working man in golf..5 fairways in regulation, 6 or so greens in regulation, and at the end a sub par round..after his ace he doubled the next hole...but shot a 69. Damn, if I accidentally had an ace I would still shoot a 90. I play now and super enjoy it but I don’t get upset at my game anymore.
  7. juno

juno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats! That must be an amazing feeling to see it go in the cup! For some reason I struggle with par 3 tee shots. I have had approach shots come with in a foot from up to 180 yards out but my tee shots suck on the 3's!
  8. subvet

subvet Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    congrats to the OP's boy for the ace. never had one myself but have come close a couple of times. within a foot about 2 months ago. some day.
    Green Stainz likes this.
  9. Schmeds

Schmeds supportive

Oddometer:
    Sweet!

I've had one eagle my whole life. Wish it had been on a par three.
  10. SnipTheDog

SnipTheDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My grandfather had 11 or so. He mostly played at a pitch and putt so his chances were higher. My dad had one.
  11. ilbiker

ilbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm still excited to get under 100 so congrats on the Ace.