First week of June 2020 ride, Montana, Bannack,YSNP, southern Eastern Oregon

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Idarider, May 27, 2020.

1. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    I am planning a road ride June 2-7 with at least one other rider. First day Lolo pass, maybe Selway falls and end around Hamilton. Second day Chief Joseph pass or maybe the gravel one to Wisdom, Bannock, possibly stay around there , Parks the next day and across Southern Idaho. Then Eastern Oregon and point towards home.
    Always only a days ride from home. Ready to camp if needed.
    tommybelvedere likes this.
  2. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    I am going to hate missing out on Huhot Mongolian bbq in Missoula, can walk from the Brooks st Motel.
  3. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    I am hoping for some ideas on South East Oregon. Looking at entering Oregon from Silver City Idaho, heading to Burns. I am interested in getting as far as Bly, Oregon then north. Ideas or places to see?
  4. AK2ID

AK2ID Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you looking for dirt or sticking to pavement?
  5. DA KLIXTER

DA KLIXTER old and slow

Oddometer:
    If you're dirt oriented,Fields, Or. is cool.The Alvord desert is worth seeing,but snow could still be an issue.

CK
  6. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:
    Leslie Gulch. 25-30 mi north of Jordan Valley, west side of 95
  7. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Mostly pavement.
  8. oldmonkeybut

oldmonkeybut ATHLETIC Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you're entering Oregon from Silver City, ID you aren't too worried about pavement. When you hit 95 at Jordan Valley stay on it through Burns Jct for about 20ish miles and take a right on White Horse Ranch Rd. That will bring you out on 205 just south of Fields, OR. You have a choice. North through Fields and head for Frenchglen. Before you get to Frenchglen hang a left on Rock Creek Road to Hart Mtn Antelope Refuge and on to Plush, OR. South out of Plush gets you to Hwy 140 at Adel. Right to Lakeview and on to Bly. The other option is South on 205 to Denio Jct. Right on Hwy 140 and on through Adel...etc... If you go that way Virgin Valley Hot Spring is worth a stop. Nice place to camp also. Sadly there are no Virgins left there. I've spent some time there :D. The second choice runs you past three Hot Springs...Willow Creek, Bog Hot, Virgin Valley.
  9. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Thank you OMB!
    It will be two of us making decisions. It is 91 here right now so temp may start to play a role.
  10. tommybelvedere

tommybelvedere Adv alacarte'

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info fellas, I'm planning a camp and ride in the Alvord area late June into July, looking for places to dispersed camp and day rides from camp?
  11. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Where is Oregon going to be in virus rules next week?
  12. tommybelvedere

tommybelvedere Adv alacarte'

Oddometer:
    Stage 2 I believe...
  13. Lylebama

Lylebama XR650L

Oddometer:
    Just south of Fields, off the Whitehorse ranch road is the willow creek hot springs with some nice access to the trout creek mountains. was there last month but too much snow high up... it's not really big bike friendly but doable.
  14. 4r22mny

4r22mny Old n' Slow

Oddometer:
    Take a timeout in Burns at the little tourist trap stone cabin on 95 if you're headed south out of there. if you're not headed south go to the edge of town anyway. Their ice cream is outa site!!

4r
  15. jusbeach

jusbeach Ramble on Rose

Oddometer:
    Plush store has one of the best Bacon Cheeseburgers I’ve ever had. If you find yourself in Burns and like Thai food, make sure to go to the Elkhorn Club and go see Linda. Just make sure you’re not in a hurry, lol. She makes some of the best Thai dishes I’ve ever eaten. Not sure about the above mentioned ice cream? 95 doesn’t go through Burns. Maybe Burns Junction? Didn’t know anything was still open there.
  16. avejoe

avejoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Down around the corner half a mile from here
    Sorry. My bad. I went through there a couple of years ago and got a little carried away.
  17. 4r22mny

4r22mny Old n' Slow

Oddometer:
    SORRY!! MANY apologies!!! I said "Take a timeout in Burns at the little tourist trap stone cabin on 95 if you're headed south out of there" I GOOFED!!

I meant to say JORDAN VALLEY. I don't think there is an ice cream place in Burns and "jusbeach" is absolutely right, hiway 95 doesn't even go that way!!

Going to hide now,

DDD
  18. jusbeach

jusbeach Ramble on Rose

Oddometer:
    I was just wondering if you meant Burns Junction and if something had reopened there. I know the place your talking about in Jordon Valley. I have always wanted to stop in there. Now I will that I know they have ice cream! No need to hide!
  19. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Thai food. Burns, got it. Elkhorn Club and Linda's has 4 stars on Yelp.
  20. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    We are stopping for the evening near Hamilton on Tuesday, staying with an advrider, then work out the rest as we go each day.