FISHER Seats and FISHER Saddlebags

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rotaxhippie, Jan 11, 2011.

1. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Old Dog

Oddometer:
    Looking at options for luggage for my DRZ400S. I like your bag set up but they have too small capacity. Will the bigger bags work on the DRZ rack set up? Thanks
  2. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Boss, our bags were primarily designed for day use and hold plenty for day rides. The top bag expands for more clothing or taller items if needed. We have had customers purchase the rack and hardware only and mount other bags to them. If you were to do that and purchase wider bags, I'd recommend some with a stiff base/bottom or a plastic insert helps. If we camp off of the bike, we simply bungee a tent, duffle bag, and whatever else over the other bags.

[​IMG]
  3. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Old Dog

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. Actually looking for something a little more capacity than my wolfman teton bags for a planned CDR trip this summer.
  4. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    You should be receiving my Beta seat soon (if you haven't already).
  5. effensteve

effensteve Enjoying the ride

Oddometer:
    I loved my fisher seat on my DRZ, it made an incredible difference. Now I have an 950 adv and ride with a pillion sometimes. Do you make seats for rider and pillion? One seat pan with a step in the foam for the pillion. I have seen a few other seat builders do this but you are relatively local for me and I would prefer to keep the cash near home.

Thanks

Steve
  6. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Ron, we do have your Beta seat. Looks like it has had a pad strapped to it for a while. I'll email you a couple questions we have regarding the blue cover.

Steve, I've seen the 900 seats come in as flat top or stepped factory seats. There are a couple OEM stepped seats on eBay at the moment. We can alter either type. The step seats sometimes require a new cover depending on the mod.
  7. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    Umm, yeah. I had a Therm-a-Rest Z-Seat Pad duct-taped to the stock seat. Actually, it worked better than you'd expect. But it was really ghetto, and the tape was a mess. I didn't want to be without a seat for a few weeks during the last riding season, though.
  8. AB13

AB13 Ridge Runner

Oddometer:
    Hey I had you guys make me a seat for my 530 exc about a year ago and I apologize I have never properly thanked you it is great! I have recommended you guys a bunch of times since hope you got something out of it. Alan Brown. AB13
    Longrodokie likes this.
  9. CaptainKirk2011

CaptainKirk2011 n00b

Oddometer:
    Guys:

I want to put in a plug for Fisher for the seat they made for my 2011 Husaberg.

I waited to provide this testimonial until I had used the bike sufficiently to know whether it was a "hit or a miss" - and it is fabulous! I removed a seat by a competitor which cost twice as much and it didn't come close to the Fisher product in any category, quality, comfort, cost, etc. This is the best addition I've made to my Berg - it's worth every penny for a guy that looks for ridiculous single track in Colorado doing 100 miles a day. It is so comfortable, now every guy I ride with has one.:clap

Attached Files:

10. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    I'm loving my new Fisher seat...

[​IMG]
  11. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Thank you AB, Kirk, and Ron for the feedback. I'm sure other ADVriders appreciate the pics as well.
  12. hambone650rider

hambone650rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These seats look great! Have you built a seat for a husqvarna tr650? Possible?
  13. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    ham, Thanks for the compliment. This is a 12" TR650 seat we built last year. Step was removed for more seat space, widened, and softer foam applied. If you haul a passenger, it would be best to keep the step unless the seat is being raised. The stock cover was used.

[​IMG]
  14. mineolaman

mineolaman Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Nate and the guys have built me 2 seats so far. Ome for a 2011 530 exc and one for my Drz 400e. Cant believe the difference. Highly recommend and sing their praises on the Thumper Talk forums.
  15. Honkey Cat

Honkey Cat Tailights Fade!

Oddometer:
    Ive had fisher saddles do 3 seats so far on all dual sport bikes

Ktm 530
    Dr650
    Wr250r

I can ride all day 200+ miles with no pain.
    Very very pleased
  16. Motor7

Motor7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a Dl650 seat at Nate's now. I'm going 16" wide and 1 or more inches taller. I'll report back on it's progress. I have had the "Big Fish" on my DRZ for over a year and I think it's fantastic.
  17. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Hey Guy's just shipped you my 530 exc seat out to ya today...
    Looking forward to getting it mounted and enjoying the comfort.

Just found you guys after seeing your seat on Jason Abbot's exc, and his referral .

Peace,
    Jim
  18. grinder96

grinder96 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Huh, i was looking for some info on the Fisher seat and found this thread in my own back yard!!! Nice!! I like what I am reading. I have a buddy who is riding the CDR with me in June and needs a comfy seat because frankly he has no ass! and no legs so we have to shorten the height of the bike every way we can. I will be contacting you this coming week to discuss how low we can go and still keep it comfy. This bike will never intentionally have a passenger, so the only focus is on the operator. Good to see all the positive reviews!!!!
  19. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    I like how you say it will never "intentionally" have a passenger. We just need to know the model and where his seating position is. Have him look over the order form on our Seats page.

Still finding snow here in Idaho.
    [​IMG]
  20. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Sorry I haven't been back over to offer a review...
    Got my seat back from Nate and it was SUPERB! Fit and finish, design (narrow in the front-wide where seated while riding) and most importantly.... COMFORT! Now had an all day seat on a bike that would tire your arms out before your butt, excellent seat. After having 4 different seats on this bike, the Fisher is by far the best seat used to date.:deal

Sold that bike to "Mendo" in January and he took it to Baja and back to Santa Barbara, CA on a 3 week ride... seat was so comfy that one of his riding partners now wants a Fisher for his KTM.

Will be doing another one for my KLR ASAP.
    Thank you Fisher for a superb product and the care you put into your product.
    Jim Wohlford

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]