Fishing On James Bay Road?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Dilligaf0220, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Dilligaf0220

Dilligaf0220 Miserablist

Oddometer:
    Doing the James Bay Road in a few weeks and was wondering if anybody here had stopped to do some fishing along the way?
  2. Timo Explorer

Timo Explorer Trail Wizard

Oddometer:
    Travelled the James Bay Road last September. We didn't stop for any fishing, but there sure where alot of others, including the natives who spent alot of time with lines in the water.
    Many places to try your hand, loads of rivers and small lakes. You gotta stop for the night at Rupert River before they dam it up. This is a truly great and powerful river with loads of character and scenery. Hopefully some fish too.

Happy trails.
  3. vcrash

vcrash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ive fished in Chissasibi and a few other spots up there, the speckeled trout are amazing and colouered like tin foil. the fishing is great up there
    Vc
  4. Dilligaf0220

Dilligaf0220 Miserablist

Oddometer:
    I figured the majority would be specks & pike, but I wasn't sure. The tourism stuff is a little light on details.

The Rupert is the reason a few of us are going up this year, I always to do it solo in a canoe but on the bike will have to do :D
  5. Desert camo 82

Desert camo 82 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am headed up mid august i would take any information anyone can give. I was wishing I had my gear when I did the Trans Lab last August, learn with each trip i guess. The TLH was my first trip and i cant wait to do the North road and James Bar road
    Millwright98 likes this.