Fitting older style fender on a R80S/T

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by Bluethumb, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Bluethumb

Bluethumb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’d like to mount a /5 or /6 style fender on my R80GS/T - my S/T that has R80G/S front suspension and correct length rear shock. I currently have a S/T fork brace and fender but prefer the look of an older style fender vs the look of the S/T fender.

I do not know if there is a OEM fork brace from a different models that will fit the G/S fork. My limited knowledge tells me the width between fork legs is different. I found a fork brace from Flatracer out of England that appears it might work but I’d much prefer finding out if a stock brace will fit and allow use of the /6 fender.

The link to the Flatracer brace https://www.flatracer.com/frame/fla...w-7-series-1981-1984-tubular-steel-fork-brace

Seems to me if this brace fits both the G/S front end as well as front ends from 81-84 models, that all I need is a fork brace and fender from a 81-84 model.

Is this assumption right or am I missing something?
  2. bmwrench

bmwrench Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The S/T fork is quite similar to the R65 fork, and I don't believe that the brace shown will "bolt straight up to a G/S".

Get in touch with Brad Phillips at phastbyphillips.com. He may be willing to help.