FJR1300 Thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Putts, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Redfish Hunter

Redfish Hunter Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Frame sliders or cages are almost a necessity on these bikes. The FJR is the most top-heavy bike I have ever ridden, one of its very few flaws. The amount of damage, how far the bike rolls past the slider on impact has a lot to do with how hard the rider fights it. A free fall drop can roll the bike over the slider and let the mirror hit as well. It's important to fight it and slow the fall as much as possible.

I have some fond memories of riding Hwy 191 on my FJR. One of the many rides where @HPPants took me to school. He was so far ahead of Pop and I that his '14 FJR looked like a streak of distant red fire across the canyon from us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Sidehil

Sidehil On any Sunday

Oddometer:
    Miss mine badly, making a pass ended badly, uturn car I could not miss, compound tib/fib and another broken collar bone. Bought it new 08 that I managed to get 113k miles out of it......... driving a car to work till I’m healed up..... now I’m torn with another or T700, 790R..... but for road that bike was awesome 1F17498E-49D7-4FF9-B933-3866A5D2999D.jpeg D818939B-59A0-4A96-9A0E-878B280A4969.jpeg
  3. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    More than glad you are still alive to post for us. Seems God allowed you another opportunity to ride, so get what you really want and RIDE... tp dd50
    bmwannnabee, fastring and Sidehil like this.
  4. Redfish Hunter

Oddometer:
    @Sidehil my first thought is: It will buff out!

Honestly after a crash like that it's fantastic that you are still alive to post this. The fact that you still want another motorcycle and want to continue riding speaks volumes.

When Pop crashed his '07 FJR I didn't think he was going to live. When he lived I figured he would never ride again. He bought a used '14 FJR and I rode it home for him while he was still too crippled from the crash to ride. He is still going.

I wish you the very best in your recovery and with whatever bike you choose.
  5. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Penske 8987 triple adjustable rear shock $350 plus shipping from ATL.

Thought I would post here before I list it in the classifieds. Still on the bike so I don't have any pics, plan on taking it off this weekend.
    cognosticator likes this.
  6. travlr_45

travlr_45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good that you are still here after seeing the condition of your bike. Looking at those pictures it looks like aside from the front end and the paint the bike looks fairly intact. How fast were you traveling? Hope ya heal up well.
  7. cognosticator

cognosticator YOU do it

Oddometer:

PM incoming to you
  8. BkerChuck

BkerChuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sidehil, glad you're around to even post those pics! My g/f and I were just in a low speed head on in September and I know just how bad crashing sucks. Really happy to see that you have the desire to ride again. I replaced my 2007 FJR with a 2014 just one week after but I was damned lucky. Hoping you heal quickly with little or no ill effects from it long term.
  9. BkerChuck

BkerChuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM sent in case the above deal falls through.

Oh yeah, Second!
  10. Sidehil

Sidehil On any Sunday

Oddometer:
    Never saw the bike again......I guess the frame was bent per progressive..... it was a total, well pretty fast passing backed up, stopped traffic when I made the pass but did not quite make it to the turn to my condo, got within 75 yards though but somebody got impatient to turn around to end my day. He got a bent bumper on the front corner of an 98 accord I guess...….
    travlr_45 likes this.
  11. nevermind

nevermind Wrong Again

Oddometer:
    Need to spend more time with this beast and after owning a 2013 for a short time, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2018 model. I think I like the matte blue color. Will I be missing anything if I forego the 2019 and 2020 model years?
  12. Redfish Hunter

Oddometer:
    No. Nothing really changed.
    nevermind likes this.
  13. travlr_45

Oddometer:
    Had a decent weather day here for a change ( excepting the wind). Took a ride down to Jacksonville Florida for lunch. Bike is definitely a mile killer for sure. With just 2900 miles on it now the more I ride the better it feels. Really looking forward to a road trip this summer.
    nevermind, de Vaca and Redfish Hunter like this.
  14. nevermind

nevermind Wrong Again

Oddometer:
    Pickup Trucks move the body. Motorcycles move the soul.
    Going to scratch the itch if I can get a reasonable price on a 2 year old bike from any dealer East of the Mississippi. Called D&H, will talk to them again today. I'm figuring 13k would be max dollar for a 2018. Am I wrong again?
  15. Redfish Hunter

Oddometer:
    I have a 2015 I would be willing to sell. First offer of $100,000.00 or more can have it.

:-)
  16. nevermind

nevermind Wrong Again

Oddometer:
    Duly noted.
  17. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    2004 with 12,800 miles I'm getting ready to list if anyone is looking
  18. HPPants

HPPants Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't be surprised if you do better than that. A couple of years ago, several dealers were letting left over '15s go for $10k + TTL.
    nevermind likes this.
  19. travlr_45

Oddometer:
    I bought mine the end of October, there was a dealer in Missouri or somewhere in that area that had a couple of 2018’s listed for $10,9 K. There are deals out there if you are willing to travel for it.
    Redfish Hunter likes this.
  20. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in the market for a 2019A. 14k is about the best I think I'll do there are only 30-ish left.
    Rob578 likes this.