1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Fla flea market

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by NEVERLOST, Dec 1, 2009.

1. KimPossible

KimPossible Proud Patriot

Oddometer:
    Found this in the Flea Market, and this is how I feel about it. :happay High consideration. I've been reading about the Ducati Scrambler and the Royal Enfield Himalayan. This has my eyebrows scrunching up.

Thought I would share.

Hello Fellow Inmates....

I must say that I write this ad with heavy heart as I really do like the little Scrambler but the basement is currently too crowded and I'm taking on a new project very soon... So... Something has to get listed and this little guy is closest to the door....

Details:

- 2015 Scrambler Icon in Yellow
    - Currently at 2000 miles but will go up a little cause I really do like to ride it
    - Leo Vince Moto GP style slip on exhaust (Stock will be included also)
    - Race Map DDS Key which is currently installed
    - OEM High mount front fender (stock yellow low fender is also included)
    - Tidy Tail license plate bracket
    - Headlight guard
    - OEM oil cooler protector
    - Includes 3 different seats Mustang, Stock and OEM low which is on it in the pictures
    - SW Mototech Crash Bars
    - SW Mototech kick stand foot extension
    - Hepco & Becker mini rear rack
    - Wolfman Waterproof tail bag
    - Throttle Tamer

I'm sure I've missed something but that's most of it... Has fresh Motul 7100 in the cases and I took the pictures right after changing it. I also have a skid plate that goes on the bike and the OEM mirrors which are also not installed in the pictures.

ADV no haggle price is $7000 $6900 for the bike as configured. I'm located 40 miles north of Atlanta GA... I can accommodate fly N ride or will gladly work with your shipper of choice....

Ducati.JPG ducati 2.JPG
  2. SwampyDeadHead

SwampyDeadHead Dirtbagging WNC, NGA and E. Tenn Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a stock tank off a 2009 KLX 250 I'll give away free. It has the locking cap. Local meet up in Tampa area or maybe drop me $10 buck in paypal and I'll ship it.
  3. gulfcoaster

gulfcoaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    That looks like the Scrambler Shortman has listed. FWIW, he's a good guy to deal with. My Beta came from him.
    KimPossible likes this.
  4. KimPossible

KimPossible Proud Patriot

Oddometer:
    Yes, it is Shortman.:clap Thank you, a personal experience doesn't hurt. Liked how he wrote the listing as well.

Only 1 thing holding me back from sending a pm, and that is the maintenance fees $$$. I read different accounts and it keeps me a bit bewildered.
    gulfcoaster likes this.
  5. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m thinking about selling the Urban GS to pick up a sidecar rig.....
  6. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Chance needs to ride, too. :jump
    Buzztail likes this.
  7. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    as slow as I am he could easily run along side me, but yeah. I’m thinking something the three of us can load up on and head out for the weekend. Alternatively another Jeep would do the same. Either way I’m topped out on internal combustion engines, tags, insurance, etc.
  8. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have two Honda S90s. 69 and a 67ish. 69 is complete, does run but one of the bolt threads for the inlet tube on the head is stripped, hence why I think it got parked.

The 67 is locked up, has been spray bombed black and is missing some stuff but it’s got some good bits to pick away at. It’s been sitting in ATF and acetone for 3 months in the cylinder, so it might crack loose.

69 would be a good restoration candidate or “patina” rider. I have a heap of new parts. 69 odo says 91xx miles, and believe it’s true looking at major wear parts.

$1150 for an inmate or reasonable offer for all of it. No titles, bikes came from Ohio, good vin numbers, if an issue I can help through Vermont route. Stuff is in Wellington.

EDF75866-12E1-471A-B201-68A3468E3447.jpeg EDF75866-12E1-471A-B201-68A3468E3447.jpeg 15F101F1-467F-43B8-9FEC-E4615F85C4D9.jpeg 31345B06-8266-460E-8F52-5D8F8AB5F9B7.jpeg 2B9111A8-8465-4A1F-B682-6CCFF72B9D06.jpeg C0BA0FD0-537D-4CBB-9E11-D84703450F87.jpeg A4B172E1-A356-4EE3-8E32-8A2EEFC0AE1D.jpeg 51A7B9A0-F071-4E6C-9F73-1D0ED770EFD8.jpeg
  9. CliffElam

CliffElam OldN00b

Oddometer:
    i will have something very uncool and not fun AT ALL... I am bringing my daughters 2011 Hyundai Elantra home from Colorado next month and selling it for her. She’s going to grad school and will not need a car after that. It’s gonna have 100k miles on it and it’s not gonna look good. But it’s always started and never loses alignment (amazeballs) and the AC blow cold. And it’s black, which is a great FL color.

LMK if interested. North Naples.
    mandatedmotorvation likes this.
  10. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    No idea what you have in mind but this isn’t getting used like I thought it would plus I could use the space it’s taking up. Last year of the 1150, needs a few odds and ends but it’s low miles and it looks pretty good : )

upload_2020-7-14_1-51-40.jpeg

upload_2020-7-14_1-53-29.jpeg
    Philip Kuntz, sperz1, Huzband and 2 others like this.
  11. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    That’s pretty close to what I had in mind. I have to commit to myself that I want to offload the R9T before I dive too deep into a hack. I really do love the UGS, and I’m weighing how much I’ll use either to be honest

12. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    That makes sense.
  13. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    So little I do does:rofl
    mandatedmotorvation likes this.
  14. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    Selling a 2009 Suzuki S40 Boulevard (formerly known as the LS650 Savage) with less than 7,000 miles on it. Great shape. Added accessories include windshield, crash bars, Custom World rear rack, cheap saddlebags and nice support mounts, and recent new battery. Clean and clear title. Wife's bike and she doesn't ride it. The crash bars have lights on them but they are not hooked up. PM for more info. Located in Crestview. $2300 OBO.

Dscf3957r.jpg
    Buzztail likes this.
  15. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    On a bike like that shouldn’t they be called “had ta lay er down” bars?

:hide
    Davebert likes this.
  16. mandatedmotorvation

mandatedmotorvation Shunpiker

Oddometer:
    I feel the same dilemma regarding the R9t. The struggle is REAL! I’ve got F800GS fever and more cowbell is needed...
    6C3B6515-102A-49B3-95D7-6A908E8C5D1A.jpeg
  17. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    took it for a spin this morning to meet up with @twowheeledgator and I’m torn now myself. However a hack with the Mrs on the back and the pooch on the tub would be a lot more fun on the weekends. I’ve got other bikes to social distance, or get out of this SICK SOCIETY
  18. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    A little advise if you are really considering a Sidecar rig.
    2 up on the bike with a dog in the car is not typiclay a good set up, unless your wife is super light and/or your dog is super heavy.
    You want weight in that car, not on the bike.

If things are not too out of wack weight wise you might be able to compensate a bit by keeping extra ballast in the car (sand bags or some other weights)
    KimPossible, Davebert and Buzztail like this.
  19. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    I’ve been doing some reading, and have chatted with a couple folks about it. I’ve got some good/similar advise from them too.
    I was told to put ballast in the car to simulate actual load, and solo then begin weighting, testing from there. Luckily I have enough land to crash all by myself here while potential passengers watch from a distance (laughing accordingly)
    Philip Kuntz and Ogre_fl like this.
  20. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its not typiclay slow going that the sidecar bites you.
    Its with a bit of speed when the car lifts and it suddenly goes from being a direct steering rig (like an ATV) back to a counter steering motorcycle.
    Then instead of heading around the corner like you intended, it takes off in the opposite direction.
    Davebert and Buzztail like this.