Fla flea market

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by NEVERLOST, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    "typically"

:deal

mini-spelling nazi.jpg
  2. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    This is not the ideal setup either.
    DeLand 027-X2(1)~2.jpg
    Resulted in cable being out for about 3 hours. :lol3 Fortunately the first black car was not there at the time of the "incident". The ladies came to rest against the Crape Myrtles.
    DeLand 036-X2.jpg
    RichardD likes this.
  3. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    I’ve got one of those too I’m not riding..

The guy that hooked mine up put a 100lb bag of sand in the car and said don’t take it out until you have a hundred miles on it. It’s still in there.
  4. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m thinking I could just fill it with beer and ice when I’m solo:nod
    KimPossible likes this.
  5. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did they actually fly the car with 2 in it.....or was it just bad piloting all around?

I ran mine with 4 like that before, though admittedly made sure to put the lightest on the bike with me.
  6. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Owner said the rig had a tendency to pull left & told her so before they rolled away. Poor 92lber didn't have a chance of keeping it straight. The farther down the street she went the lefter it went. Probably wasn't doing 5 mph when the trees stopped it. They came spilling out like a barrel of monkeys all laughing their asses off. No damage done & the owner was laughing as hard as the rest of us. :rofl
  7. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    I was there, you could sense it was going to be trouble from the git-go..

“We’re just going around the block, what could go wrong”.
  8. CliffElam

CliffElam OldN00b

Oddometer:
    Selling some bits and bobs from my 2004 KLR 250. All parts are in shockingly good shape.

OEM Rear Shock. << sold
    OEM Front Fender << sold
    OEM Front Springs.

I'm in north Naples, happy to try to hook up at a reasonable place, given a trade-off between gas, time, and shipping.
  9. KimPossible

KimPossible Proud Patriot

Oddometer:
    Buzztail likes this.
  10. mandatedmotorvation

mandatedmotorvation Shunpiker

Oddometer:
    Isn't that your bike of choice there?
    KimPossible likes this.
  11. KimPossible

KimPossible Proud Patriot

Oddometer:
    Yes, and the anticipation is killing me, so I search. lol
    Buzztail and mandatedmotorvation like this.
  12. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    $3800 is too high. We got a clean one with 2500 mi. for $2700. It's a 2013 ( first year fuel injection.) Not perfect, been down, but stored indoors. Not off- roaded and beat up.
  13. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    In high school we were in the sticks south of Tallahassee goofing around in 3-wheelers. One had less air in the right tire so it pulled. One kid was trying to keep it straight and pushed the right bar which applied more pressure to the thumb throttle (new to all of us back then) which made him accelerate even more until he passed us flying......straight off the road and into a canal next to the road. Somehow he survived so it was funny as hell to the rest of us.
  14. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    Buzztail likes this.
  15. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Selling some body armour if anyone interested.
    Nemisis Racing Body Armour, used for off road riding. Size L. I am 6', 178lbs and fits perfect. Used but no tears/rips. Washed and disinfected.
    FREE
    armour.jpg armour2.jpg
  16. mandatedmotorvation

mandatedmotorvation Shunpiker

Oddometer:
    2016 Pitster Pro LXR 250 for sale. 400 miles on the ODO. STREET LEGAL! (was not easy to accomplish but you get more bees with honey...)

$2800 - Title is held electronically with the state but it is in my name.

All original except for I pulled some of the stickers off, changed out the front tire for some a little more road worthy (still have original), and I installed a small baffle to help lower the decibels of the exhaust.

If you're not familiar, there is a great thread found here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/pitster-pro-lxr-250f.1263100/

Factory with billet parts, fully adjustable suspension, electric/kick start, fuel injection, hand guards, gear indicator, adv foot pegs...it's a nice set up as standard. Claimed 32Hp.

I am the original owner. No real reason on selling it other than I am a motorcycle whore. Makes a great true dual sport!

Only issue I've ever experienced with the bike in my two years of ownership were occasional flameouts coming to a stop. I've learned (as you will) how to get around the issue by either keeping it in gear and/or blipping the throttle. Note: not all owners have experienced this problem however, there are more permanent solutions discussed on the thread provided above. Oh, and I had a return fuel line pinch early in ownership that was quickly resolved.

Other than that it's been a great bike and has a TON of life left. Please hit me up with any questions through PM.

IMG_5809.jpeg
    IMG_5809.jpeg IMG_5806.jpeg IMG_5807.jpeg IMG_5808.jpeg IMG_5811.jpeg IMG_5812.jpeg IMG_5813.jpeg IMG_5814.jpeg
  17. shakin_jake

shakin_jake F-u-h-r-i-ggg!

Oddometer:
    Selling my 92’BMW R100GSPD
    [​IMG]

mine is the one in the forefront. The other PD belongs to Anton Largaider. FWIW, this pic was taken by Anton when he had my PD in his shop. Anton went through this bike in the fall of 2018

I am the 2nd owner. Original owner was Gary Hoffman who last lived in Lexington KY. Gary passed away in the fall of 2014. His life long friend and riding partner advertised it for sale online for Gary’s widow. I purchased after seeing it in an online ad (I forget which forum) in December 2014. I paid $6000 for it and would have done a fly n’ ride to fetch it but there was continuous freezing rains back then so I sent a courier we used to pick it up for me so basically I bought it sight unseen other than from a photo that was posted of it

I immediately joined the airhead beemer club to become more with one, with thus bike. The airheads in Fla. have a reputation of holding a lot of wrenching parties and the first one I attended was held MLK weekend 2015 at a member’s home in Naples. I rode it down there accompanied with a set of new steer stem bearings I planned on installing (& did that weekend) and also magnetic bungs for all the sumps. I brought fluids for those sumps as well and an oil filter. The member that hosted the wrenching had been doing that particular airhead soiree’ for the past 9 years. He also offered camping on his property. I brought a tent and a sleeping bag but the weather was so nice, I just slept under the stars on a cot I brought along. So we installed the steer stem bearings and changed all the fluids. After a night there (maybe two?) I headed down to Key West to look up some old friends as we (me and Mrs.Jake) lived down there from 85’ thru 98’, initially in Summerland Key then we bought a dry acre in Big Pine in 86’ & built a home. Yep!, Jake was a big pioneer at one time. The fun came to an end after close to 13 years down there and we made the jump to where we are now in north central Fla. Lower Keys living really was fun but life on the rock was just one chapter in my life. Sorry, but I digress. You’re reading this to see if you want to buy my airhead The price is $7500

Wait a minute you must be thinking, Jake paid 6 grand for it and only installed a few bearings and some oil, where does he get off wanting another $1500 more than he’s got in it? You’ll recall me saying Anton went through the bike right? Probably the better question is why did I take the bike to Anton if I joined the airhead crew? The short answer is this GS needed the transmission overhauled and I didn’t have the time to do the work myself. I live and work on a farm and in the course of that existence, I put in some obnoxious hours

So why rebuild the transmission? I discovered after riding some slab, she felt like there was some grinding going on in 5th gear. After putting magnetic drains in the sumps, and FWIW I rode back down to Naples MLK weekend in 2016. I mainly put a hat on that trip=:-). And I did the Keys ride again too. After getting back home I drained all the fluids I put in during MLK weekend 2015 and lo and behold, there were plenty of shards on the transmission magnetic drain plug

Gary used a mechanic up in Lexington who I was buying parts from. Roy knows his way around an airhead so I sent him a pic of the shards on the transmission drain plug magnet. Roy said that yeah, with close to 70 K miles on the bike, the pieces of the transmission bearings and 5th gear, it was time for that component to be overhauled

While Anton had my bike I had him rebuild both carbs, Anton suggested I consider letting him redo the valve seats in the heads. Let’s see, what else...it needed a new battery, battery tray, I had him install rebuild kits for the front brake master cylinder and the caliper was overhauled too. He also R&R’d the fork fluid. Gary had the driveshaft replaced out west some years back & Anton said that was in good shape. The pistons got new rings while the heads were off. The speedometer stopped counting the miles yet the cable was intact. It was time for that instrument to be gone over so Anton sent it out for a rebuild. All in all I paid Anton $5500 for all of his work which was finished late 2018, early 2019. I was going to fly up there and ride it back, in fact I bought an airline ticket but there was a named storm going through the southeast so I had another courier we use to bring it back

I bought a new rear shock from Ted Porter for her (I’ve renamed this bike and it’s a she). Speaking of names, Gary and his riding buddy (told to me by the riding buddy) were drinking at an outdoor bar and they had their bikes parked along a bunch of Harleys and they joked how their GS’s that nobody would want to steal them as they were ugly bikes compared to the Harleys there. So both of their GS’s would be known as one ugly and 2 ugly, and they had custom license plates reflecting those names. I can’t remember if mine is 1 ugly or 2 ugly
    [​IMG]
    This is a fairly recent pic. She comes with a set of aluminum panniers Gary purchased shortly after he bought this GSPD. The valve covers on in this pic are loaners from Anton as I had him send the original valve covers out to be powder coated and ther hadn’t come back at the time the rest of the bike was finished

Gary had her repainted sometime before he passed away. As was told to me by his riding partner, Gary’s wife wouldn’t ride with him unless he has it resprayed and Charlie (Gary’s buddy) said the best bike painter in Lexington did the respray. It’s hard to see from these photos but she’s wearing very nice paint

Three seats come with it. The original solo saddle, the Corbin solo saddle currently in use and there’s also a Corbin dual saddle. All told I’ve got $12K invested in it. Book says it’s worth $6500. I’m asking another grand on top of that because in my opinion, if you want a. Roadworthy airhead GS you can ride anywhere right now, that’s the price

So why am I selling it? Cards on the table, if I could ride it I wouldn’t advertise it for sale. I built this bike so I would have a dependable ride anywhere adventure bike that was simple to maintain. In February 2018 I got a new robotic left knee. That knee was a long time coming as I fractured the tibia plateau the year we left Detroit and moved to the lower Fla. Keys (1985). We were playing the back nine of our local golf course when I got thrown off the golf cart and landed on my left knee, fracturing it. I mentioned my obnoxious hours we put in here on our farm. Although the surgeon did a bang up job installing my new knee, I didn’t have the requisite time to devote to rehab consequently I lost a lot of range of motion in that leg below the knee. In plain English, I can’t shift this MF’er. The only way I can upshift is using the heel of my left boot. Not the safest thing to do riding along at speed. I didn’t know about my inability to shift this bike back when I made the decision to send this bike up to Anton

Here’s what I’m riding now-

[​IMG]

I don’t have to shift this one. It’s got a CVT transmission. I bought it March of this year. It’s a 2020 Can Am Ryker Rally
  18. quigley12

quigley12 n00b

Oddometer:
    2008 Ducati Multistarda in very good condition. 36k on the odo. Records and keys. Asking 5800.00 Pensacola Fl. 5599342dee9a5086863a9a5cd0b7c526.jpg 48ab938c2d787e23e91b2424f0cdaa97.jpg 2ee1b3551a3e4b89ac2cda4c58022347.jpg 2c3625d269158860587b7de342eb1ca2.jpg a5e25fc41949151a05063c0da97b0036.jpg 5c86198e0a6068f72db81ea196d49d2d.jpg 33c680d9148d04586ec875870b47b90f.jpg 8d74deb3e87d44e2218c306bbebf93e1.jpg a2ce17ccc39873777aa8f589febe6ccf.jpg
  19. Wveniez

Wveniez Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Selling an Alt Rider skid plate for the BMW F800GS/GSA - Silver color.

$250 OBO. Basically brand new. Not a single mark on it. Installed once, never ridden with.

Located in Orlando.

Attached Files:

20. quigley12

quigley12 n00b

Oddometer:
    Very good condition Ducati 1100s Multistrada. Asking 5800.00 or best offer. All keys, Custom seat, Lipo battery with charger, full bags. Located in Pensacola.

Attached Files: