Fla flea market

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by NEVERLOST, Dec 1, 2009.

1. badweatherbiker

badweatherbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If anyone might be interested in a 2004 Vstrom 1000 in very good shape I may be selling mine, I will post pics and a proper ad soon if there is any interest
    Buzztail and mandatedmotorvation like this.
  2. CliffElam

CliffElam OldN00b

Oddometer:
    I am shopping for that era of bike. Have a 2004 KLR/250 and want to trade up.
  3. badweatherbiker

Oddometer:
    Funny thing I thought about listing it for sale and maybe checking to see if someone would trade up a small dual sport with cash for it. PM me some info and I'll do the same, it's not in stone yet but you never know.
  4. CliffElam

CliffElam OldN00b

Oddometer:
    Ok, I found a KLR/650 that is both in my price range AND within my ability to fix it, so I'm getting that tomorrow. Plus I got to ride my barber's 1980 mint (11K miles) Kawasaki 1000 / LTD. Man, that's not my kind of bike, but that is a helluva bike at 3K-6K RPM!
    KAWA 1000.jpg

ANYWAY, that was not my point. Though I do always feel better with trimmed hair, eyebrows, ears, and beard. I'm old, sue me. Punks.

My POINT was, I'm gonna sell my 2004/KLR 250. I'm going to CL list it next week at $2,500 but will sell to an inmate for $2,250. I'll post up a longer farkle list this weekend, but I've honestly spent the last six months taking off all the Pep Boys crap the PO's put on and restoring it to, well, a 1200% reliable back country dirty bikey dual sport dirt smacker. Love that bike, but one wife and one bike. Them's the rules in my house.

Located in North Naples/Bonita. If you wanted to fly/ride I'd pick you up at SWF, give you a rubber donut for your tuchus, and send you on your way.

KLR250.jpg
    badweatherbiker likes this.
  5. badweatherbiker

Oddometer:
    I have a KX1000P it's a fun bike, I think I'm going to keep it though. Enjoy the KLR!
  6. SwampyDeadHead

SwampyDeadHead Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Motocross style boots located in Tampa but I’m often in the Gainesville and Ocala area. Worn once for about 2 hours. Size 10 $65

Attached Files:

mandatedmotorvation likes this.
  7. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro Supporter

Oddometer:
    I still have my 2013 R1200RT for sale at new steal price of $8,500

Awesome bike with no issues.

PM if interested! IMG_2075.JPG

Attached Files:

8. CliffElam

CliffElam OldN00b

Oddometer:
    Selling my KLR/250. It's on Craigslist for $2,500, but only $2,250 for inmates.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/mcy/d/naples-klr-250-dual-sport-65k-miles/7188036512.html

--------In case clicking is too much trouble--------
    I love this bike - it has always always started and run like a champ for me. I'd take it on the Transamerica Trail tomorrow and be completely confident it'd get me there. It only weighs 236lbs fully fueled so the massive (cough) 22hp it generates will get you on down the road. I wouldn't take this bike on I75 as its top (to me) speed is about 55mph.

What's new?
    -> Rear tire (1K miles old)
    -> LED lights
    -> Oil and Coolant (<200 miles)
    -> All the cables
    -> Front brake pads
    -> Speigler stainless steel brake lines
    -> KLR650 rear shock - I'm a big boy
    -> Progressive front springs - See big boy above
    -> Air filter - 1K miles old
    -> Super plush grips
    -> Pro Taper bars with risers
    -> Zeta Bark Busters with LED turn signals
    -> Battery (< 1 year old)

What comes with it:
    -> Spare rear tire - it was more dirt oriented than I wanted, 25% worn max
    -> Air filter - oiled and ready for use, brand new
    -> Rear passenger pegs (I took 'em off, wanted to save that 1/2lb)
    -> Kawasaki manual and (I think) complete tool-kit
    -> I took the hard case off the back, you can have it if you want, I just didn't like it

What's wrong with it?
    -> Literally nothing. When I bought it I checked everything - valves, frame bolts, etc, etc. No joke, I take this bike out into Babcock-Webb WMA where if it quits on me I could die. My plan is for my wife to kill me for not doing the dishes, not in some swamp.

Why am I selling it?
    -> I bought its big brother, the KLR650. I'd keep the bike (only had it 9 months) but my wife said "her or the bike." Then she said it was her so get rid of the bike. I hate trick questions.

What do you need to know before you come see it?

-> It has a kickstarter. Don't wear flip-flops. The upside to a kickstarter is that you never have a dead battery and you develop a skill that nobody can one up. The other upside is that about nothing can go wrong with this bike - kickstarter, carburetor, single cylinder, chain drive, lightweight, etc, etc. It took me a day of riding around to get so I was confident in kicking it over. And I'm a big dork, so you will probably learn faster.

-> You don't have to have your motorcycle cert, you can ride dirty if you wanna, I don't care. But you should be able to convince me you aren't gonna yeet the bike into my neighbor's pool or something. At least warn me so I can video it.

-> You do have to have the purchase price with you in cash before you can ride it. I'll do a cold start with you and you can ride it around the 'hood. There is no plate on the bike but I have the title in my hand.

-> It will be variably clean, I am still riding it. I was ploughing through 2ft of mud and water down in the Picayune this weekend on it. I think light weight dual sport bikes are the bomb dot com. I would keep this bike forever if I could.

-> You will notice from the pictures that it is not perfect. There are scratches. Some surface rust. (Welcome to Florida, Mr. Japanese Bike!) The bike has always been garaged, but the plastic has some fading. I'll be straight with you - this bike has fallen on me in the sand, dirt, and mud. AFAIK it's never been down on the pavement. There are certainly no major gouges on anything structural and the tank/plastics are in great shape overall.

Disclaimer: I do not want a third party out of state post dated check without ID. Contents may settle during shipping. I don't need help selling. I do need help washing my cars. All sales are final. Objects in mirror are probably accurately portrayed, our mama's lied and we are not that pretty. Statements above are just opinions unless my wife agrees in which case they are facts, get your own wife. Everything sold as is where is and without warranties. Don't drive like my brother.

Want more pictures? Here is a shared google album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VWMh8hCYPXr8v4Go7
    1 Bike mustang.jpg

Attached Files:

sperz1 and R1200GSA like this.
  9. mandatedmotorvation

mandatedmotorvation Shunpiker

Oddometer:
    “At least warn me so I can video it..”
    :lol3:clap
    Buzztail and CliffElam like this.
  10. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    That’s a damn good ad:nod
    CliffElam likes this.
  11. CliffElam

CliffElam OldN00b

Oddometer:
    It’s a helluva bike, it deserves the best.

If I had trail out my back door, I’d ride that bike until Elon Musk had it legislated out from under me. But I don’t.

-C
  12. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    If I ever wanted a KLR250 that ad would sell me:clap
  13. KirkN

KirkN Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice!!

But, you must've done some SERIOUS weight-removal, to get it down to 236 lbs, wet!!

From several sources around the web:
    Water cooled, 249cc, Single, DOHC
    Engine and transmission Switch unit
    Engine type:
    1 cylinders, 4-stroke, Single
    Weight
    Curb weight
    : 293.2 lbs
    Dry weight: 257.9 lbs​

Hmmm....

:D
  14. CliffElam

CliffElam OldN00b

Oddometer:
    I was startled, because I thought the actual weight was over 300 when I got it, but I put it on a truck scale and it came in at 236. Was that correct weight? I dunno, much like cop radar being "calibrated."

Small side story - I live a bit north of Naples, which is a super wealthy place. But there are a few sections where the real work gets done - pool maintenance, cabinetry, gunsmithing (!!), truck repair, etc. I took my bike down to get the rack bead-blasted and re-coated ($20!) and while I was there I saw a sign saying: weigh your truck for license apportionment. So I rolled by and they weighed me for free. And told me I needed to get a Harley.
    mandatedmotorvation and Buzztail like this.
  15. KirkN

KirkN Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very interesting. Well, on a 6000-lb truck, a difference of 60 lbs is only 1%, and no repair shop scale is better than 1%. But 60 lbs on a 300 lb bike, that's a different story! And a scale built to measure 6000, isn't ever going to be accurate to 3 lbs (1% of 300).

Still, they're great bikes, and good luck with selling!

:thumbup
  16. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea I have weighed my bike, myself and the both together (for a check on the accuracy) on the truck scale here at work.
    Its off by quite a bit at these lighter weights.

20161007_172159.jpg
  17. Topflite22

Topflite22 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, just wanted to offer up my 2007 BMW G650 XChallenge. Located in Gulf Breeze near Pensacola.
    This model was only imported to the US for 2007, kinda rare bird, I believe sold in EU from 07-09.
    27,8.. miles, Barkbusters, Tail Tidy done, LED turn signals front and rear, Hepco Becker rear rack, battery charge pigtail, new Pro Grip enduro grips, smog canister deleted, new iridium plugs (2), fresh oil change and filter, new air filter, new halogen headlight bulb, new rear wheel bearings, new Galfer front and rear brake pads, chain cleaned lubed and adjusted, Metzler Sahara Enduro tires are 85%. Everything works as it should.
    53HP Austrian made EFI Rotax motor. Brembo brakes, 10” suspension travel front and rear.
    I have an extra oil filter and owners manual, everything else is stock and in good condition. A few scratches on front plastic but overall really nice. I took it to NC last month and did some gravel and twisties about a 240 mile day and it ran perfect. Very Fun bike, hate to see it go. Only reason I’m selling it is I’m looking at moving in the near future and I already have 2 other bikes, DRZ and DL1000. I’ll also post FB Marketplace and Big Flea Market. Price is $3700 OBRO. PM me if interested.
    The bags and sheepskin stay with me. Thanks JP IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1786.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    IMG_1585.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1771.jpg
  18. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Always wanted one of those, but I’ve already got two 650 thumpers:rofl
  19. Topflite22

Topflite22 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It’s a cool bike, I really like it!, but tryin to lighten the load a bit and be practical. Never too late to start I guess..
  20. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Practicality isn’t my strongest attribute :eyes