Flathead Valley FFs?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Stinky151, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Stinky151

Stinky151 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey all,

So in the ongoing saga of my untimely departure from the USAF (tomorrow is my final out), my wife scored an amazing job in Kalispell. Now she is from the area and knows her way around, but she doesn't ride yet. Anyone from the area? Know any trails? Know any good rental properties? Just looking to see what's out there. She moves this month, and I follow on in December after a semester of school.
  2. Stinky151

Oddometer:
    Really? No one in kalispell or whitefish?
  3. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used to live up there but have since moved on. . .

DirtRider on the forums is the dude to know in the area. Head to Penco and ask for the sales manager Steve, he is super friendly and will get ya pointed in the right direction.
  4. Stinky151

Oddometer:
    I still need to head over to penco..... Still no one in the flathead?
  5. slepe67

slepe67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Funny coincidence. Grew up in Great Falls, joined the USAF, spent 22 years. I retired from AFSOC last summer (AUG 14). The wife got a job in Whitefish. Moved from Navarre, Florida to here last June, finished Terminal Leave.

I'm taking some time off to use up my GI Bill, likely until this fall, when the fly fishing dies down.

My part of Florida wasnt a good place to ride, so I sold all my bikes. Am in the market now.

Just in this forum drooling over bikes I cant afford and places I cant ride...yet. LOL!

Anywho, I dont know how often I'll be in the ADV Rider forum, hit me up with a PM and we'll grab some coffee/tea/beer or something.

Jesse
  6. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    Hardcase lives in Kalispell...
  7. slepe67

slepe67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just scored a bike (XR600R). I'm planning on having it rung out and road worthy real soon.
  8. Stinky151

Oddometer:
    Let me know if you need a hand! I have a lift and just about anything else you might need
  9. DragonChaser

DragonChaser n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey guys I'm moving to Kalispell in 2 weeks and am looking for any riders in the area. Bought a DR 650 and hope to get out on it soon.
  10. Gingertbone

Gingertbone n00b

Oddometer:
    I just moved to Kalispell as well and finally got my KLR up here from Missoula. I am looking forward to checking out some forest service roads and discovering the area. Still have limited off road skills, but would be interested in riding some easier terrain.
  11. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well kalispell is in a beautiful area. Flathead Lake and the prettiest river anywhere. Hwy 93 into beautiful BC and you can even ignore the Park cause there is so much good stuff to the west of it. I am absolutely certain it is a good dirt and twisty paved riding area. We were on our camper when we were there.
  12. ChaoticDetour

ChaoticDetour Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just moved to the Kalispell area myself from Arizona and looking to explore the area. I have a Honda NX250 ADV style bike and a new CB500X with plenty of upgrades. I take both down mild to moderate forest roads. Are you guys still looking for riders?
    Stinky151 likes this.
  13. MTmariner

MTmariner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Folks,
    Guess I need to actually look at Advrider! 25 years in Whitefish (WtF). Riding a 1190R, always interested in a ride. Not single tracking this thing, prefer dirt to pavement, and know a lot of the FS road nw of WtF. Also have a lift and tools for those in need of a quick fix.
  14. JB-MT

JB-MT n00b

Oddometer:
    @MTmariner, I'm also in Whitefish. Shoot me a PM, I'd love to check out your bike!

Anyone else in the Flathead out riding yet? I was going to go see how far I could get up the upper Whitefish road this afternoon but it looks like a rain out. We do that road to the polebridge loop pretty frequently once it's open. Haskill basin is also some good riding.

I just bought my new to me DR650 last fall and really haven't had the range on my smaller stuff to explore. We are going to head to hot springs to ride on the 21st. I'm also looking forward to some west valley and talley lake riding when it warms up. Any other good places you guys can recommend?

Also, is there a dedicated thread for "Flathead Valley" inmates? If there is I couldn't find it.
  15. TBickell

TBickell And away we GO !!

Oddometer:
    I live in Somers ( Kalispell south) and have a new Husaberg ( KTM ) 350 enduro that I want to break in this summer and would rather ride with someone. 56 years old and a cautious C+/ B type rider. I have an 800GS for runs to Polebridge and other forest roads as well. I am fairly new to the area and don't know many good rides for small bikes. Maybe we should have a meet up once this weather breaks and compare notes.
  16. Stinky151

Oddometer:
    I don't have an adventure bike right now, just my gold wing. I work at spotted bear (at the end of the road in the south fork) and you guys are always welcome to ride up and visit! Just watch for traffic on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  17. flatheadrider

flatheadrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in Lakeside, but I ride singletrack pretty much exclusively on a built XR400 and a KTM 300 2t. The harder and steeper the trail, the better. Let me know if you want to explore your limits sometime!
  18. Lambo3

Lambo3 .

Oddometer:
    I'm in the area... itching to get out myself. I have a friend coming up from Helena in a couple weeks who just picked up a decked out KLR so we may do some exploring.

I imagine there is still plenty of snow up in them hills. Has anyone tried going up towards truman saddle/wild bill area?
  19. TBickell

TBickell And away we GO !!

Oddometer:
    Well after a month of rain and colder it looks like May is going to be some good riding weather. I have not been up Blacktail road yet this year but will later this week to check on snow melt. I've been on Truman saddle and some of the other roads up there and they are good. I will PM you and maybe we can meet for a ride there soon. I see your by Lake Mary Ronan..
  20. JB-MT

JB-MT n00b

Oddometer:
    Would you report back when you get up there? I'm down for a bit with a shoulder injury but have some friends coming into town that wanted to head up that way. Thanks!