1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Flexx bars

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by klarue, Sep 2, 2008.

1. klarue

klarue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any experience putting these on the new breed of BMW enduros (e.g. the F800GS)? We've heard about the extra vibration of the new twins transmitted thru the handlebars. Would this product solve that?

http://www.fasstcompany.com/products/flexx.shtml
  2. Matt the Wanderer

Matt the Wanderer Supremely Not Lost

Oddometer:
    During my test ride of the F800ST the vibration seemed about the same as you would get from a counterbalanced 1150GSA. Strangely enough it even had the same "feel" as a boxer, which blows my mind. The amount of vibration present in the demo bike was easily tolerable under hard acceleration and at cruising RPM it was quite smooth.
    Oh yeah, for 800 cc's that powerplant had plenty of giddyup!
  3. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    I've ridden a paint shaker, sorry, a KTM 640 single with and without Flexx Bars. IMHO, it's not worth the money, it does not work as advertised. It may reduce arm pump when riding hardcore off-road sections, but it does not reduce the normal vibration you feel through the bars in any significant way.

Gustavo
  4. klarue

klarue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gustavo! For the kind of riding I'm thinking I'll do, it's prolly not worth the $$. Anyone care to offer a competing view?

PS: Wow - that was quick answerin' - thanks guys!