Florida,Copper Canyon,San Carlos April 2010

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Joe Mc, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Tricepilot

Tricepilot Bailando Con Las Estrellas Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wait until she gets a hold of you :bueller
  2. Joe Mc

Joe Mc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This trip might,I say might, have to be postponed:cry for health issues (not me) so what is your other best month?
  3. Tricepilot

Oddometer:
    October
  4. nevada72

nevada72 Milwaukeeish

Oddometer:
    Can you please tell me what a "mordida copy" is? I thought I read in another thread to carry a couple Intl drivers licenses to use as throw aways in the event of a shakedown from the local law.
  5. Tricepilot

Oddometer:
    In round-a-bout terms it means a copy of my drivers license I'm not sorry to see the occasional mordida seeking cop keep if he wants to. Closest I came to having to see one fly away was in Honduras...even there I got it back
  6. nevada72

nevada72 Milwaukeeish

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I would imagine they are even less familiar with what each state's DL looks like than our own law enforcement. A 2 sided, laminated copy would be sufficient?
  7. Tricepilot

Oddometer:
    Exactamundo

Use photo paper, copy both sides, trim/match/laminate

There's always one of them in my tactical wallet with the expired credit cards and the other useless trivial items

Bear in mind my most effective tactic has been giving the Napoleon Dynamite look when they're telling you about the grand infraction you have committed

[​IMG]
  8. nevada72

nevada72 Milwaukeeish

Oddometer:
    LOl - that's great! I'll be a natural.
  9. Joe Mc

Joe Mc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    32 days until departure and this trip implodes. Last month the fourth member of our group drops out citing security concerns. That's OK we are left with three and we are the hardcore three who have ridden throughout this country and in to Mexico previously. Member #3 comes down with a medical condition that precludes him from going. I call member #2 and tell him we are down to two. Member #2 now has second thoughts citing security and financial (expenses are only split two ways now) concerns. Now I am one and I am considering going alone but perhaps going in October instead of April. I have to think about it. It not security or finances that gives me pause it's just that going alone on such a long journey I may get sick of myself.:D

That being said I wish to thank all of you for your contributions. They were invaluable in planning this trip.
    If I do indeed go I will certainly submit a ride report. Again thank you all.

Joe
  10. nevada72

nevada72 Milwaukeeish

Oddometer:
    That sucks.

A buddy and I are riding down late April from Arkansas. Me on a GS and he on an Ultra. Not even sure exactly where we're going but it's between Guadalajara where my cousin lives or Copper Canyon. You're welcome to join us.
  11. Joe Mc

Joe Mc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you that is very nice of you. I'll keep that in mnd. Not quite sure what I plan to do yet.