Florida Dual-Sport Routes ?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by alpiv, Sep 14, 2006.

1. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    My Father and Brother are just getting into this type of riding and I wanted to help them by giving them a couple choices..
    Does anyone have any routes in Florida that they would not mind sharing?

We get together yearly and ride together so this would be a great opportunity to get back home and ride with the famly...

Many thanks
  2. Cgo100DoElRey

Cgo100DoElRey Adventurer

Oddometer:

Not a single reply? boo hooo
  3. TreeManG23

TreeManG23 TreeMan Racing

Oddometer:
    What part of FL are you looking for?
  4. Cgo100DoElRey

Cgo100DoElRey Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not sure about the original poster, but I am trying to find a route from Miami all the way to the north of Florida. :)
  5. TreeManG23

TreeManG23 TreeMan Racing

Oddometer:
    I'm working on one going west towards Pensacola
  6. sonic578

sonic578 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in hearing about anything without pavement in south FL. Live near Ft. Lauderdale, but we ride regularly up to Lake O. and south to the tip in Everglades Nat. Park. Anything???
  7. npoi

npoi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Go to Dixie Dual Sports. They are the dual sports club in FLA and they have lots of rides. Fair warning-Ocala National Park and south is sand and sugar sand. very difficult riding especially on bigger adventure bikes (GS etc). NOrth up through Oseola national park the roads are mostly dirt, so dual sporting on bigger bikes is more fun.

Dixie Dual Sports is a great group and only costs about $20 a year to join. Highly recommended

Ride On 2004 GS 1150 Adventure
  8. 12bar

12bar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 on DDS they are a great bunch of people.
  9. toycloser

toycloser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 on Oseola National Forest. I spent a day there exploring and it is a lot of fun.
  10. 5 speed

5 speed Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ocala National Forest is fun on the dirt roads 70-80 mph at times with no traffic. You might not see anyone all day. And, you can probably ride dirt roads for couple hundred miles with merely crossing paved roads but not riding them. However, the big 950 in the sugar sand= not fun. Go the day after it rains.
  11. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    Look here. Treeman has posted a few, but you will have to wade through quite a few posts to find them.
  12. mwatson110

mwatson110 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at doing a trip from Atl- Tampa. I am going to use part of the TeT
    to north Florida.
    Does anyone have advice or routes across the panhandle down south towards Tampa.
    The more dirt the better.

Thanks for the help
  13. Rcrx21

Rcrx21 06 KTM 950SM, 04 WR250F

Oddometer:
    We are heading form Savannah to the keys on Feb 6. Any suggested routes would be greatly appreciated.
    Butch
  14. Bill-66

Bill-66 I don't even know... Supporter

Oddometer:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_State_Road_A1A

:hide

My wife is from Florida..she want's to move back..I'm assuming so we can see what it would be like to starve to death..while our property becomes worthless..

The lack of posts here are mainly why I can't ever go back..no reason to own a motorcycle there..a 35' Fountain yes...a bike..no..:lol3:lol3
    DragonJoe likes this.
  15. Rcrx21

Rcrx21 06 KTM 950SM, 04 WR250F

Oddometer:
    That actually might be an option for our way back since we will be leaving Key West on Friday morning and need to be in Sanford to catch the auto train on Saturday afternoon. Yes it wont be a desirable one but after spending 6 days getting to Key west hitting the sand roads of the state and national forrests on the way down I am sure my wife might need a break.
    Thank you, Butch
  16. floridarides2202

floridarides2202 n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone in the surrounding area of saint cloud or Orlando florida want to find dualsport friends to go out and ride with
  17. Satinhammer

Satinhammer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey I'm in Volusia county I ride street woods where ever, I have no problem heading out to Orlando for a ride if anyone's doed
  18. FutureMan

FutureMan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    sorry to bump an old thread but i'm a recent transplant to orlando who rides street for fun and commute, but i'm dying to get started with more dual sport riding and get off the roads, anyone around this area who knows of any good groups or goes out on rides i'd love to meet up. (promise i'm pretty normal)
  19. mandatedmotorvation

mandatedmotorvation Shunpiker

Oddometer:
    Normal? Meh, I don’t know if this is the right thread for you. :D
    jeepgeek2002 likes this.
  20. xpeditionrs

xpeditionrs n00b

Oddometer:
    Ocala National Forest is a huge area to explore, I have yet to run the bike up there. I have had the Jeep out there a number of times over the years, I remember a lot of sand. Still a greenhorn to duel sport and adv riding but have been running Jeeps for a long time, sad to say but a lot of trails are becoming unusable due to the increase in the popularity of side by sides, often where they are not allowed. Withlacoochee State Forest has some good tracks as well, some are very sandy. Popular with the Jeeping community. Croom has an off road/off highway vehicle area for dirt bikes and 4wheelers if that's your thing.
    mandatedmotorvation likes this.