Florida, to the SEAT, to the TAT, to Oregon on 3 WR250Rs

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by mikejana, Aug 26, 2018.

1. mikejana

mikejana Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have friends that have talked to the guy with the track; it’s strictly for his use they say and I’m told impossible to get an invite. I’ll send you a pm.
  2. mikejana

mikejana Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are under way again!

Rim Rocker trail out of Montrose was beautiful. We took it because our bikes were stored in Montrose, less than a mile from the Rim Rocker trail-head. We did the first half to Nauturita, then made a beeline towards the 3 step hideaway.
    We had a bike die in slick rock Co shortly after dark. Really bad place and timing to break down.
    Pushed it to the road and got a ride in a pickup to Cortez Co. More than an hour out of the way, but Mesa Verde Powersports got us back on (off) the road super quick and really reasonably price. Definitely recommended. It was a wire that got pinched by the seat.

Hopped on the Kevin tracks near dove creek, then stopped and visited Scott and Julie at the 3 step hideaway. We are behind schedule and could not stay, but the knowledge Scott shared in 30 minutes was worth months of searching the internet and forums.

Followed the Kevin tracks through Moab and really enjoyed it. Downhills on rock are no longer a favorite after Engineer Pass last season.
    After Moab, There is a closed section of the original Highway 50 that goes through Crescent Junction, abandoned and not maintained. Could do that one all day.

Especially fun sections on the same abandoned road on the I-70 side of the railroad tracks, west of the Arby's when Kevin tracks crossed to the south side. Had to climb a 20 foot embankment that was covered in roost tracks, and got to play in some small gullies.

We broke a starter switch housing and have must touch wires to start one bike. We will head to RockyMountain ATV for the part tomorrow. We will make a decision on where to resume, and what track, after we install the part is. Maybe Utah BDR north and then ?

The workload and rush has made us lazy photographers, Pictures to come.
    jdubb75, juno, gulfcoaster and 2 others like this.