FMM in Mexicali - Aduanas location

Discussion in 'Americas' started by scrubb, Mar 7, 2019.

1. scrubb

scrubb Master of Mayhem

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know where the aduanas building is for the Mexicali East entrance? They changed things around recently.

Is it on the right, or the left, and before or after lights?

Thank you mucho!
  2. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use the West for entry and the east for exit so not sure on your question, but the west is super easy
    Cross through the fence cut hard left across traffic and park right in front of the door. They even will take your money at the same counter.
    scrubb likes this.
  3. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    There's a big new Migracion building on the right and just past that on the right is the Aduana/Banjercito. I parked by Aduana as there is a little walking back and forth. I have some pictures somewhere and I'll edit the post with those added.

Migracion building on the right
    [​IMG]

Where I parked by the Aduana looking back to Migracion
    [​IMG]

The Aduana/Banjercito
    [​IMG]
    Dan Diego, akaDigger and scrubb like this.
  4. scrubb

scrubb Master of Mayhem

Oddometer:
    Thank you brotha! I haven’t been thru that entrance since the construction!

Cheers,
  5. scrubb

scrubb Master of Mayhem

Oddometer:
    Question: In your pic above, you mention aduanas the right, however, the only building I see is on the left. I'm sure I am missing something.
  6. jonz

Oddometer:
    So you're driving south and cross into Mexico, first the Migracion building in on your right (west) and then 50 yards farther south from the Migracion building, the Aduana/Banjercito is to your right (west). In the very top picture above showing the Migracion building with massive shade attached, I'm standing at the south edge of the shade structure facing north back towards the border. You can't really go wrong as there are several Migracion workers there and they all speak some to good English
    Dan Diego likes this.
  7. scrubb

scrubb Master of Mayhem

Oddometer:
    Thanks bro! I appreciate it!
  8. Sotobashi

Sotobashi n00b

Oddometer:
    Super friendly border agents ready to help, just ask if you need to. One quick note, if you decide to get the FMM ahead of time, make sure you print out the FMM AND the f_cking receipt. Check your junk folder, the FMM may end up there. If you don't have hard copies of both, they will make you pay the $30US again. 8 of us crossed in Baja at Mexicali 1 (west crossing) and only two of us had hard copies receipts, so 6 dudes had to pay again. a339370d-0490-4466-9d40-bbe95ed9015d.jpg . Have a great trip! No line-ups for us heading south, super easy crossing!
    jonz likes this.
  9. jonz

Oddometer:
    I haven't been to the west Mexicali crossing in 2+ years. That looks pretty deluxe now
  10. Sjoerd Bakker

Sjoerd Bakker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sotobashi, Thank you for this info - it serves as a great reminder and alert for all noobs heading into Mexico .
    The prime message you re-enforce is to NOT ORDER the FMM on-line but rather to pick it ( AND also the TVIP ) up at such a super easy border crossing in person at the time you actually are there in the flesh.
    Think of the hassle it would have been to get the TVIP cancelled if any of your British Columbia group of riders had had to bail on the trip at some point before or during your ride to the border ? The on-line FMM ordering thing did not save you any time since you still had to go inside to show it and six of your pals wound up paying double .
    The double payment was a result of the guys not being alert to the rules about the requirement to show that proof of payment. I hope everybody hangs on to those receipts while in Mexico because if you are unable to show that receipt when you cancel the FMM it might result in having to pay yet again.

Also if this trip with those knobby tired bikes were intended to travel within the confines of BAJA-only the entire business of the TVIP would not be required .
    I hope you went on to mainland Mexico .
    There are hardly ever any line ups going INTO MEXICO at nearly any border crossing - it is when going back into the USA when the line-ups occur , waiting for the USA Customs
    Strong Bad likes this.
  11. Dan Diego

Dan Diego Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few of us are crossing south at this POE for a 5-day Baja loop soon.

As far as the under 7 day FMM, has anyone had a problem getting it done for free?

There should be no charge under 7 days but the TJ/El Chaparral aduanas have given me grief...
  12. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    You should be fine for the free 7-day one if you don't have a previous free one that was not returned. They will usually look through your passport to be sure there is an exit stamp to go with the entry stamp. Without an exit stamp they will ask for full payment. Use a passport card and there's no stamp but still a record in their computer system. Also, be sure if you do pay that the FMM you get says 180 days. A friend of mine paid and only received the 7 day FMM. Bet the "fee" went into someone's pocket.