F'n Ontario nanny state!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Drif10, Oct 28, 2008.

1. 2Trider

2Trider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well they can't tax you but sure as heck can fine you...so fine you they will.

And we won't even start into the User fee crap that is just getting going in Toronto. Gotta pay 50$ for a account to just pay your fines:huh
    OKay
    :rofl:rofl
    I'm outta here

GREED
  2. JimmieA

JimmieA Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just checked this Ontario Gov web site:
    http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/penalties.shtml says the first offense for Impaired driving is $1000, same fine as running a red light. Too funny.

Sad story about that active duty RCMP officer killing and robbing that Ottawa police officer. Goes to show the current state of the RCMP. If the RCMP doesn't clean up their act and quickly their contracts will not be renewed in some areas, contracts are up in 2012. Next big and very public test for the RCMP is Vancouver Olympics.

JimmieA.
  3. Defconfunk

Defconfunk I need to get out more

Oddometer:
    This happened (literally) just down the road from me.

Don't start using this as a case to jump all over the RCMP. Very little is actually known about this, other than the RCMP officer in question had previously suffered from brain cysts that impaired his ability to think (and produced violent actions).

I know the RCMP have been having some serious issues, especially in BC, but using this situation against the RCMP as a whole simply isn't right.
  4. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I have a bunch of family on the force.

There's a lot more that doesn't make the news.

From where I sit, they have a lot to do to save face.

So does the OPP. They just have better spin doctors.
  5. Glock owner

Glock owner Bad Example

Oddometer:
    Or do as the British do to their speed cameras (Gatso's)

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm
  6. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:
  7. Oddbawl

Oddbawl Born Ok the first time.

Oddometer:
    They've gotta do something over there to get their country back.
  8. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    who knew that the SEX PISTOLS would be so prophetic when they came up with GOD SAVE THE QUEEN......
  9. Oddbawl

Oddbawl Born Ok the first time.

Oddometer:
    "No future for you..."
  10. fyr

fyr iRoast Coffee

Oddometer:

Yeah?

We should learn their lesson before it comes our way... ooops, too late... It's here.....
    Hey Im all for safe streets and I see way too many dinks allowed to drive vehicles when they shouldn't be allowed to recline a L-z-boys. But there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. It seems every time I turn around there is a new law to keep everyone safe (and fill coffers). Who knows, maybe we'll be fighting to be able to ride motorbikes in the near future.
  11. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:

Talk to a Quebecer.

The insurance industry is undermining our way of life.

:nod
  12. gryphon51

gryphon51 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yeah dont use that story, use the story here of the local RCMP officer who killed the biker and fled the scen of the accident, only to come back 1/2 hour later drunk and claim he got that way after he killed the motorcyclist.... no charges have been laid.
  13. gryphon51

gryphon51 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    we need to start dragging some of them from their offices and put flaming car tires araound their necks as a warning to the ones left...

fuctards, every one of them.... I am so glad I got out of Ontario..not that they are any better here.... the scenery is just better
  14. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    That's the best idea yet...
    If we examine how the Greek Democracy worked, (the one that western democracy is losely based on) the electives were just common Joes, picked randomly from the population, it was the greatest honour to serve their country and if they failed they would be brought down, right away, sometimes facing death at worst or exile at best. That's if they didn't take their own life first to avoid the associated humiliation.
    That's how you make politicians decent :thumb
  15. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    Fuck, it never ends here in Nanny State land...

For Immediate Release

February 15, 2010

ONTARIO LEGISLATURE TO INTRODUCE NEW HIWAY TRAFFIC ACT BILL

With the continued success of the Anti Stunting legislation and the recently enacted Distracted Drivers laws combating cell phone use in motor vehicles, the Ontario Provincial Government is poised to introduce further legislation in next weeks sitting on Queens Park. The new laws are further targeting distracted drivers in two key areas. One is eating/drinking while driving and the other is body orifice cleaning.

“Our recently published $19.2m study by the Ministry of Transportation, conducted by Roadwatch Services Inc., clearly shows that Ontario drivers are not paying attention while driving” says interim Minister, the right Honourable Slim Pickens. It is estimated that 22.7% of low speed traffic accidents are the result of eating/drinking while driving or the distraction of orifice cleaning while driving. The 6 month study targeted key road ways in Ontario and in conjunction with the Traffic Investigation Bureau of the O.P.P it was concluded that changes to the Highway Traffic Act could have a positive effect on the safety of all Ontarians.

It is expected that the new legislation will pass with ease in the Liberal dominated Queens Park says Mr Pickens. Charges under the new Bill will result in fines of $675 per offence and 3 demerit points. “It will act as a strong indicator of our seriousness in this matter” The minister is quoted as saying at the press conference.

Also in attendance was Premier McGuinty. “This is one further step our Government is taking to provide a safe environment for all Ontarians. I know that I too have been guilty of driving while distracted. We all have at one time or another. However those days are now over. It will no longer be acceptable to drink your Timmies while picking you ass and driving” The Premier stated. He continued “We have awarded a $1.45b contract to Peepers International Taiwan Inc. Beginning in May 2010, cameras will be installed the entire length of the 401, from Sarnia to the Quebec border. Funding for this will come from a $.17 tax on each coffee sold at a drive through window in Ontario. Further 400 series of hi-ways will follow shortly and it expected that the drive through levy will then increase to $.22 cents”

Further information can be found at

http://www.safedrivingontario.gc.on.ca/nosepickerstudy.php

DW
  16. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:
    Don't forget $3.50 administration fee if your "doughnut" doesn't have a transponder.

:augie
  17. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    I think for the kind of money they're spending to make us safer from bad drivers we should get awesome results!!!

WTF?

Or they can invest it in making the driver's training more effective so as to not have as many unsafe coffee drinking ass pickers....
  18. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:

Mandatory two years on a motorcycle before you can operate an automobile. It works on two levels.

1. Ingrains defensive driving and situational awareness.

2. Eliminates those who don't catch on.

One day when I'm King...

:bubba
  19. woodgrain

woodgrain In-Dented Savant

Oddometer:
    We need a benevolent dictator who isn't afraid of not getting elected 'next time around.Making the right decision takes balls, and apparently non of the limp dorks we've elected seem to have any.QUIT MAKING NEW LAWS AND WASTING TAXPAYERS MONEY,INFORCE THE LAWS WE ALREADY HAVE IN PLACE, YOU LAZY BASTARDS!

Woodgrain:deal
  20. BOBMUNZ

BOBMUNZ In jail for a while.

Oddometer:
    I totally agree with you, I can say with absolute certainty that I am a better driver since getting my bike license.

Its amazing how much better you get at driving when you think everybody is out to kill you, but most feel nice and safe in their cages.