For '05 640 Adventure owners... all 200 or so of you.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by creeper, May 16, 2005.

1. dirtrider

dirtrider Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If your so damned bored, come over here and we'll get in some riding. :evil
  2. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    I started doing my mods yesterday morning & finished everything up with unbelievable results. She's a new bike from idle to WFO. First, almost all vibes are gone with the completion of mods & most importantly the fine tuning. Power, wow, night & day, apples & oranges nuff said. One major thing for me is i want the bike as quite as possible, with the exhaust mods it barly raises the noise level which is great here in So Cal. I bought the bike for the purpose of forest road adventure (quiet is king), along with long distance rides with no gas worries, in this day & age of tree huggers & back country activist i find it imparative that we be as stealth as possible in order to keep our roads & trails open for us, if they don't hear they can't complain about you. Anyway, thanks to Mr.creeper & all how have tested by trial & error to obtain optimum preformance from these incrediable bikes. Austrian Art or jap crap, you make the call!
  3. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Do all the same stuff, but start out with a 150.0-152.5 main jet and maybe go up one on whatever pilot jet (prolly a 45) you have. Not real sure on which hi-flow aorbox cover you use... I think the same as Adventure.

Anyone else have better info for Joe?... Dirt, you know?
  4. dirtrider

dirtrider Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The pilot in an 00 is a 42.5. Like Creep said, go to the 45. Also change the main as mentioned above. The air box screen is the same as on the Adventures and as mentioned in other threads, core out the silencer or change it completely. I've heard great things about the "Wings" silencers.
  5. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    A 42.5 huh? I thought it might have a 45 stock. No matter... go up one from what ever the hell it is. :D
  6. mars

mars Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer:
    my 05 had a 45 and now has a 47.5. get an adjustable airscrew. that made the biggest difference.
  7. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    An adjustable air screw... on a BST? :huh
  8. Reformed DucFlogger

Reformed DucFlogger Inventor Of The Wheel Mk2

Oddometer:
    Creep,

Maybe I need more coffee (always a safe assumption) but how does the idle mixture adjustment differ if one HAS Allah's-own 90deg MP carb screwdriver?

I adjusted the wife's 03 successfully- after going thru 1/2 doz different McGyvered screwdrivers and about 3 finger tips and swore I'd never do it that way again; hence my looking thru the MP catalog over the weekend.

Awaiting the delivery of a nicey sparkly-orange '05 640 Adv...
  9. JoeKher

JoeKher Third world or bust!

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys! The tools are coming out of the box! She'll be a new machine in no time!!
  10. mars

mars Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer:
    its one that is adjustable with your thumbs. tried the stock with the engine hot and a small screwdriver and couldnt get it done. i guess one of those 90 degree screw drivers would be the best setup. bought one for my 450 and it works fine in the 640 too. its a bit sensitive but i have it dialed in real close.

john in idaho
  11. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    is that the ZipTy one made for the FCR?
  12. Nom de Guerre

Nom de Guerre Long timer

Oddometer:
    I could be wrong, but I think it's the Motion Pro one. Creeper will have to tell us, I don't have one.

:dunno

[​IMG]
  13. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    just bought it 2 days ago, nice piece of work.
  14. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    mars said he had a screw that was hand adjustable - think he means the Zipty one...

The cheaper screwdriver is this one:

Pilot Screw Adjusting Tool
    Designed for those hard-to-reach air/fuel mixture screws on most multi-cylinder motorcycles. 110 degree angled head extends reach 1 inch. Overall length is 17" with flat slot blade tip.
    08-0119 $29.40
    [​IMG]
  15. potatoho

potatoho Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer:
    I couldn't get the copper silicone to hold a seal on my IDS2. I finally wound up using some aluminum foil tape and wrapping the flange with enough that I had to lube and press-fit the s pipe. Some tape is cleaner than others. With my neighbor's tape, the adhesive burned off clean, but with the tape I got at ace hardware it burned off with a kinda ugly black. I'll have to borrow his tape again and check the brand. That's what is in the picture below after several hundred miles.

[​IMG]
  16. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    i'd be interested in that brand - thanks mr. potatohead! :D
  17. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Jeeezzz, does nobody read the old threads?

The correct taper low speed fuel screw is coming soon from Loaded Inc.

[​IMG]
  18. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    we are still waiting to read WTF mars was talkin aboot... I guessed he meant the ZipTy but maybe George Lucas was right and he meant the screwdriver. :dunno
  19. GoGriz

GoGriz Gelandestrasse

Oddometer:
    Awesome info guys..Creep you never fail to amaze with your straightforward information in a time-tested format! Thanks from all of us (even those who already made those killer mods!) Good stuff!
  20. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Thanks Griz... I didn't invent this stuff... just tested and documented it until the path was clear. Pretty close to the info I gave you last year. It ain't rocket science, but it's been a long while since it was posted in a all-inclusive, step-by-step format.
    We were getting the same "how-do-I?" posts over and over... so I figured now was a good time.

Creep