1. eNewsletter Sign Up

For Dads & Daughters

Discussion in 'Photos' started by dlrides, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Romero202

Romero202 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This a cool photo of her just after the last moto of the year where she won her 3rd National Championship,,,, She always got excited about Championships..... Champbytrailer.jpg
  2. Crash217

Crash217 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My daughter has kind of grown up at the races. She enjoys rolling around in the woods, eating cheetos, on a quad while i set up or run events and getting up on the podium while I host riders meetings. She's still scared of the engine noise though and always comes running into the garage to tell me to turn the bikes off if I start any of them at home.

Attached Files:

mike25, tattoo Dave, Hannda and 7 others like this.
  3. Pokie

Pokie Just plain Pokie.

Oddometer:
    I bet it won't be long before she loves the sound of a well throttled engine!
    Crash217 likes this.
  4. Crash217

Oddometer:
    She asked for a dirtbike the other day.

I made the same deal with her my dad made with me. She’ll have one in the garage when she can ride her bike without training wheels.

She rolled her eyes and went back and to her tablet, unlike me who went to the neighbors house and got him, me 5, him 7, took the training wheels off my bike that afternoon. *insert eyes so rolled back it hurts* but really I’d be just fine with her having no real interest in actually riding.
    tattoo Dave likes this.
  5. armith

armith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine asked for a "mud bike" when she was little(4 maybe) Due to other family influences basically pushing their agendas and scaring her away from riding so bad that she didn't even want to ride her bicycle anymore, that wish died.

However, she has gone over the importance and process of aquiring riding gear and communication signals. Has ridden on the back a few times with me. She has enjoyed hanging out with the riding groups and occasional bike nights with me these last few years. Now she has her drivers license and at least has interest in taking a BRC at some point.

Ironically, one of the aforementioned family influences is a proud owner of a newish Sportster 1200 custom as of last week.. go figure. Just wait until they find out she has full gear, can talk the talk, and knows what to do and not to do 2up.. That will be priceless.
    jay547 likes this.
  6. Romero202

Romero202 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I understand being concerned about daughters growing up racing. I was concerned also, was fine with her not racing and figured I would not bring it up, and it only becoming a topic if she asked. Well when she was 7 it became a topic actually at Unadilla up in New York one day when I was racing in the Amateur Classic she asked if she could race and it was on all the way until she graduated from college she was racing. A page or so earlier I posted photos of her racing in her college years but below is a photo of when began to ride, she was too small to even hold up the PW she was 4 years old,,,,, (the handle was my creation and training device)
    Racheltraining.jpg
    Chillis, Herman1, mike25 and 11 others like this.
  7. Crash217

Oddometer:
    That’s a neat idea for a training device!

I think I’ll wait til my daughter can even ride her bicycle without training wheels or control her Barbie Jeep before I even entertain getting her a dirtbike. If she’s anything her mom she’ll ride 6 times and end up in the er for bruises and not have any desire to ride.
  8. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
  9. Romero202

Romero202 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    witttom, Hannda and tattoo Dave like this.
  10. Washed ashore

Washed ashore Duke990

Oddometer:
    The first ride on a bike in 4 years now with clutch, girls are good they listen, 10mins and changing up and down to and from third. Not sure about racing though. daughters are precious.

Attached Files:

11. Romero202

Romero202 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "The first ride on a bike in 4 years now with clutch, girls are good they listen, 10mins and changing up and down to and from third. Not sure about racing though. daughters are precious."

I do agree they are precious, and Racing with my daughter was incredible but it's for sure not the only way to enjoy seeing you daughter ride...I was scarred plenty of times while she was racing but I have to admit she only went to the Hospital once from racing vs 3 times from playing high school soccer (now soccer was brutal). But it sure fed her competitiveness, and help he get a full scholarship to a very selective University where she got a degree in Biomedical Engineering and went on to a very competitive position with a major medical company. The competitive aspect worked very well for her...
    All aspects of motorcycleing with your daughter are the best you will probably ever experience....
    NSR400, Boxa and deserteagle56 like this.
  12. killianm

killianm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    October ride to Niagara Falls for our annual Daddy-Adelynn overnight trip. It was cold but she did great!! Memories for life!! 1012191831.jpg