For Dads & Daughters

Discussion in 'Photos' started by dlrides, Jul 17, 2007.

1. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still a great thread.

And despite the flack that was stirred up, I want to commend the person who made the unpopular post for stepping up and admitting the error and taking corrective actions. Not everyone is big enough on the inside to do that in a public forum :thumb Nuff said - back to the Dads & Daughters show...
  2. wanaventure

wanaventure crusty

Oddometer:
    I have two daughters, 10 & 12, and have just recently gotten back into riding. They both have given me the hardest time about motorcycles but this thread may help soften them. I don't get much time with them due to all af our schedules but this is motivating to make time for one on one with dad.
  3. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Neat pics and reports of fathers and daughters with the bikes. Then , when the daughter gets on with her own life, you end up with granddaughters to guide your rides.
  4. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    You are LUCKY! I understand even more after meeting Erica last week.

Just saw this thread. Choked me up too. Beverly was moved by it as well.

I hope my girls will someday wanna take a ride, but so far they haven't wanted to.

This thread gives us all hope!

Thanks, Don.

-David
  5. The Phantom

The Phantom Bike who parks...

Oddometer:
    Hi all, newbie here. Sydney-sider who likes Honda VFRs, and most other things to do with bikes.

I have a few mates here (Stackator, Peka to name a couple) and hopefully I'll also have an ADVrider-appropriate bike sooner rather than later... great site.

Here is my 3yo daughter Tathra, a lady kindly allowed her to sit on her pink GPX600. If it's pink, it's coooool.

[​IMG]

She's a Rossi fan but of late is showing a bit of interest in Stoner, wonder why? :D Actually she has always followed Stoner's career:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC59GKouN-Q

Her mum Joedee rides too :thumb although usually in more protective clothing than this (don't want to get in trouble for advocating unsafe riding practises, or ill treatment of animals... the cat has also been for a motorbike ride, to and from the vet)

[​IMG]

Just to prove that getting girls on bikes early leaves a lasting legacy - here is Joedee is at 2 years old in 1975, on her dad's Norton. Obviously she got a taste for British bikes early in life...

[​IMG]

My son River is not quite 1, but last night he sat with me and watched the Brno World Superbike round; he backed up for Laguna Seca MotoGP this morning.
  6. deaconjones

deaconjones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  7. Guano11

Guano11 Stop me if you've heard this one....

Oddometer:
  8. One Trick Pony

One Trick Pony Meet me at Tim Horton's

Oddometer:
    I've been thinking my 1 year old daughter will have to wait 'till she's about 7 until she can go on the road with me. Forgive me if this has been covered before.
  9. Wout67

Wout67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I asked mine (12 soon to be 13) whether it was riding on the bike that she liked, or being with her dad.

She sat for a minute...

Then she looked at me with those gorgeous blue eyes, and said "50/50".

Guys, it just doesn't get any better than that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    CA-Cincinnatus likes this.
  10. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    In the UK there is no minimum age, but you can be prosecuted if the child appears to be unsafe. My daughter was 5 before she could reach the pillion footrests comfortably and I could find a helmet with a good fit.
  11. Eaglebeak

Eaglebeak All roads rider, West Oz.

Oddometer:
    Mine's a 7 y.o. and as long as there is a Hot Chocolate sometime during the day, she's loves coming out with Mum and Dad.

[​IMG]
  12. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  13. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
  14. SR1

SR1 Going to America!!!!

Oddometer:
    Geez guys, I have some serious jealousy going on here. Things never worked out for me as far as wives and having children is concerned and times like this I wish I had a little one to take riding with me. Man it'll just about choke me up. Ya'll cherish what you have, it's wonderful I tell ya. Not everyone gets to be blessed with such things. I'm not bitter, just in awe.
    CA-Cincinnatus and Billy52 like this.
  15. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    Nice Report Don!!! You better watch out,.......she'll be wanting a BIKE, next! :lol3 :lol3 I'll bet she had a Wonderful Time!

Boojum!
  16. charlie98210

charlie98210 Artist / Author

Oddometer:
    This is a wonderful thread! The stories told through the expressions in the photographs just blows me away. :thumb
  17. madf

madf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Andrea is 15 & loves to ride with me. At the time she┬┤s a bit afraid to try riding the XX BlackBird.
  18. NY950

NY950 950SMF

Oddometer:
    She Loves My Freinds Gsxr, More The 950sm, But...she Still My Girl!

Attached Files:

19. NicholasMav

NicholasMav burnin'

Oddometer:
    You all are killing me...I'm at work trying to hold back tears!

I've got a 10 month old at home and she knows my bike since I park it just outside her window and she sees me coming home from work at lunchtime (just to see her) and the end of the day. I'm really looking forward to taking her out someday. My dad took me out when I was kid around the suburb...hooked me for life.

I've tried to attach a pic of Gracie...let's see if it works. Sorry if it's huge or doesn't post.

Cheers to all you Dad's out there!!

Attached Files:

CA-Cincinnatus and Billy52 like this.
  20. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just want to thank everybody for sharing there stories about their women, and until now I have always wanted to have only suns and no daughters because I had nothing to give them, I WAS WRONG having read your stories I have something I CAN give them, even if it's just for a short time.

My wife is with child, in her 2 sencond month so if a girld comes I will buy her a helmet so she can ride with me, when she is ready.

Thank u all